Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Proceed With Caution - TRADES AHEAD! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56319)

4U2NV 04-17-2013 04:00 PM

Proceed With Caution - TRADES AHEAD!

I might add a second round on the weekend if I have time, but for now here's my latest mock draft. There's 6 trades (5 if you don't include the Revis deal which I still expect to go down), not as many as last season where I believe there was 9 but the value this year is fairly similar so not many teams will want/need to move up. But, there's going to be deals, there always is, it's almost impossible to predict them but I think I've made some somewhat educated guesses as to who might move up and who they may target to do so. I got the values from here: http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Va...equestTeam=atl

Tampa Bay trades 13, 73, 2014 6th rounder
NY Jets send Darrelle Revis

Cleveland trades 6 to Miami
Miami sends 12, 54, 2014 5th rounder

Arizona trades 7 to St. Louis
St. Louis sends 16, 46, 2014 3rd rounder

NY Jets trade 13 to Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh sends 17, 79

Cincinnati trades 21 to Atlanta
Atlanta sends 30, 92, 127

St. Louis trades 22 to Arizona
Arizona sends 38, 69, 2014 6th

1. Kansas City - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

2. Jacksonville - Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

3. Oakland - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

4. Philadelphia - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

5. Detroit - Ezekiel Ansash, DE, BYU

6. Miami (from Cleveland) - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

7. St. Louis (from Arizona) - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

8. Buffalo - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

9. NY Jets - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

10. Tennessee - Star Lotuleilei, DT, Utah

11. San Diego - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama

12. Cleveland (from Miami) - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

13. Pittsburgh (from NY Jets via TB) - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

14. Carolina - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

15. New Orleans - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

16. Arizona (from St. Louis) - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

17. NY Jets (from Pittsburgh) - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

18. Dallas - Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina

19. NY Giants - Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State

20. Chicago - Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State

21. Atlanta (from Cincinnati) - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

22. Arizona (from St. Louis) - E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State

23. Minnesota - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

24. Indianapolis - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA

25. Minnesota - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

26. Green Bay - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

27. Houston - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

28. Denver - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

29. New England - Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State

30. Cincinnati (from Atlanta) - Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

31. San Francisco - D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston

32. Baltimore - Keenan Allen, WR, California

Pat Sims 90 04-17-2013 04:01 PM

I have a feeling that the Bengals would take Reid or Elam over Cyprien, but any of them work.

K Train 04-17-2013 04:04 PM

Trading up makes me happy, until they announce vaccaro at the podium and i kill all my roommates.

If the steeler strade up it better be for Patterson, Jones, Mingo, or Jordan....no others

4U2NV 04-17-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3333311)
Trading up makes me happy, until they announce vaccaro at the podium and i kill all my roommates.

If the steeler strade up it better be for Patterson, Jones, Mingo, or Jordan....no others

I think Vaccaro is one of the safest picks in the draft and would fill a need for the Steelers. I think that New Orleans is a threat to take him though hence the trade to leapfrog them to secure Vaccaro. But, they could just as easily stand pat and take whoever falls also.

K Train 04-17-2013 04:11 PM

I truly believe that the steelers have soured on longhorns. After tony hills and limas sweed flopped and curtis brown is a potential flop in progress. They would sit tight and take Patterson, Jones, Warmack, Cooper, or Eifert. If they were to trade up for a safety it would be Elam, tomlin loves gators and elam is an excellent fit

4U2NV 04-17-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3333315)
I truly believe that the steelers have soured on longhorns. After tony hills and limas sweed flopped and curtis brown is a potential flop in progress. They would sit tight and take Patterson, Jones, Warmack, Cooper, or Eifert. If they were to trade up for a safety it would be Elam, tomlin loves gators and elam is an excellent fit

Appreciate the insight. I'll take that into consideration before making my final mock next week. Thanks!

BallerT1215 04-17-2013 04:22 PM

Buddy Nix told the media yesterday that they believe there is 2-3 QB's that are "franchise" QB's in this draft. He mentioned many times its a guy that knows how to make anticipation throws on a consistent basis. Also there are reports that the Bills staffs was enamored with Barkley after his workout and have eyes for Nassib as well. I don't think QB is the pick at 8 regardless, and I don't think they are overly high on Geno Smith. Just my 2 cents.

pierce2walker 04-17-2013 05:19 PM

Star <3

(10 char)

SickwithIt1010 04-17-2013 05:26 PM

Star > Floyd.

Gridiron 04-17-2013 05:46 PM

as a Jets fan, I would throw up in my mouth a little if we successfully traded back from 13 to 18 and passed on Cooper for Rhodes.

Menardo75 04-17-2013 05:58 PM

I have been saying that DJ Hayden is a dark horse first round pick for the Niners I like it.

hugegmenfan 04-17-2013 06:41 PM

ha jesus....the giants taking the fifth best OT at pick 19? that's an insane reach and i bet you a year's salary that doesn't happen

proshoota25 04-17-2013 06:42 PM

that pick would make me very, very mad

derza222 04-17-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gridiron (Post 3333431)
as a Jets fan, I would throw up in my mouth a little if we successfully traded back from 13 to 18 and passed on Cooper for Rhodes.

As a Jets fan I've grown to expect such things, but I would agree. Trading Revis essentially for a corner we'd hope ends up almost as good as Revis, a couple threes and a future six would be disappointing. The Jets are alright at corner, they had a pretty good pass defense last year, and I'd hope they wait until the mid-rounds even if they trade Revis. Cooper to complete the OL as a potentially special G who looks like he'll fit the new offense really well or a guy like Eifert who would really help in the passing game would be preferable.

Somewhat related, John Idzik was a part of a team in Seattle that had a lot of success with cornerbacks they didn't spend premium selections on. Not sure if he brings that mindset to NY, but it certainly is a possibility.

RaiderNation 04-17-2013 06:50 PM

I'm praying we don't go with Floyd

J-Mike88 04-17-2013 07:41 PM

Good pick for the Packers.
I can see it.....

I also think there's a great chance Green Bay trades down.
A few times.

4U2NV 04-17-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3333556)
Good pick for the Packers.
I can see it.....

I also think there's a great chance Green Bay trades down.
A few times.

I almost had the Packers trade down but didn't see anybody that a team would move up for so I had them stay put.

J-Mike88 04-17-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4U2NV (Post 3333563)
I almost had the Packers trade down but didn't see anybody that a team would move up for so I had them stay put.

Would have to be a QB someone wants.
Tavon Austin #7 overall... nice spot for a WR.
Wasn't both Troy Williamson (in 2005) and DHB (2009) taken at the #7 spot?

Hurricanes25 04-17-2013 08:21 PM

Mingo is a great pick for the Jets at 9.

Moving down from 13 (if we get it) to 18 would be very nice. Now, I'm a fan of Rhodes. I think he's a beautiful fit in our scheme. But it would be extremely tough to pass on Eifert or Cooper for a corner.

ArkyRamsFan 04-17-2013 08:54 PM

The trades with Arizona are extremely questionable if not ludicrous from the Rams point of view.

1.) No one in this draft is worth trading up for in the first round; especially a smallish WR who very well will be there at #16 when we pick.

2.) Heck, man, according to your mock we could have just stayed put, saved our picks, and taken Warmack!!

3.) The trade down from #22 to #38 and #69 is not horrible but considering the fact that we just helped a division rival score a potential starting QB it makes it much less palatable. Since I am sure the Rams would know why Arizona is trading up I would think that they would demand more in the trade.

That's it for now....really hoping this doesn't happen next week.:tantrum:

4U2NV 04-17-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan (Post 3333617)
The trades with Arizona are extremely questionable if not ludicrous from the Rams point of view.

1.) No one in this draft is worth trading up for in the first round; especially a smallish WR who very well will be there at #16 when we pick.

2.) Heck, man, according to your mock we could have just stayed put, saved our picks, and taken Warmack!!

3.) The trade down from #22 to #38 and #69 is not horrible but considering the fact that we just helped a division rival score a potential starting QB it makes it much less palatable. Since I am sure the Rams would know why Arizona is trading up I would think that they would demand more in the trade.

That's it for now....really hoping this doesn't happen next week.:tantrum:

Austin is highly unlikely to last until 16, he simply has too much buzz to go that low. Miami is very high on him and I think the Jets (especially if they secure Tampa's pick) will take a long look at him as well. Fisher was pissed last year when they missed out on Blackmon so I expect the Rams to be more aggressive this year with the number of picks they have to make sure they get "their guy" this year and they'll need to get ahead of the Jets to do it.

I never gave much thought to supplying a division rival with their future starting QB, that's a good point. I'll probably adjust that deal when I make my final one.

hagy34 04-18-2013 12:25 AM

Sexy. I'm warming to the idea of Teo. I think he will be a solid pro.

RCAChainGang 04-18-2013 01:53 AM

Pretty solid pick by the Colts. I hope we get a pass rusher though.