Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Top Prospects You'd Remove From Your Draft Board? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56326)

Matthew Jones 04-18-2013 12:38 AM

Top Prospects You'd Remove From Your Draft Board?

Every year we hear about teams removing prospects from their draft boards completely. Who are some of the most highly-regarded prospects you wouldn't feel comfortable drafting, at least in the general range they are being projected in?

Caulibflower 04-18-2013 01:14 AM

Geno Smith, Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan.

holt_bruce81 04-18-2013 01:29 AM

Definitely Patterson. He just screams bust for me

Him, Ogletree and Vacarro

Caulibflower 04-18-2013 01:50 AM

I love Patterson with the ball in his hands, but the other things we've been hearing sure don't improve anyone's confidence that he'll be able to put it together, and every rookie has to be able to improve.

descendency 04-18-2013 02:26 AM

Between Cordarrelle Patterson and Barkevious Mingo, I'm not sure which I've taken off my board faster.

BallerT1215 04-18-2013 03:30 AM

To take someone off the board means you really think they have no chance at success in the NFL. So that is pretty tough. I can honestly say there in no one that I would have completely off my board.

Ansah would be the closest I guess.

duesouth 04-18-2013 04:48 AM

The two main reasons to remove someone from a board are medical and character. Very difficult to judge both as a fan.

But in terms of inconsistent play coupled with off the field incidents it would have to be Alec Ogletree.

G Mobile 04-18-2013 05:41 AM

Ogletree for sure. Jarvis Jones possibly for medical reasons. I might consider axing Teo just because it might not get worth the hassle for a good ILB.

bucfan12 04-18-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3333829)
Geno Smith, Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan.

Same for me. Including tavon Austin.

jrdrylie 04-18-2013 09:08 AM

The only first round guys I would take off my board are Ogletree and Te'o.

K Train 04-18-2013 09:10 AM

Would not touch Ogletree for the steelers, but i hate him as a player all around. Wouldnt touch Floyd or Richardson either, nothing against them though they are just terrible fits

Other than that i cant say who id take off because even if i hate a player (like eric reid) he would become more and more interesting the further he fell

bigbluedefense 04-18-2013 09:21 AM

Jarvis Jones
Manti Teo
Cordelle Patterson
Sylvester Williams
Sam Montgomery

JT Jag 04-18-2013 09:28 AM

Jarvis Jones
Cordarelle Patterson
Manti T'eo
Wouldn't take Geno Smith unless he fell out of the top 20 inexplicably

princefielder28 04-18-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3333953)
Jarvis Jones
Manti Teo
Cordelle Patterson
Sylvester Williams
Sam Montgomery

Why would you take Sylvester Williams off your board?

bigbluedefense 04-18-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3333957)
Why would you take Sylvester Williams off your board?

I'm still scarred from Marvin Austin.

princefielder28 04-18-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3333958)
I'm still scarred from Marvin Austin.

Williams is 10x the player Marvin Austin ever was, and Williams also possesses high character and work ethic.

AntoinCD 04-18-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3333962)
Williams is 10x the player Marvin Austin ever was, and Williams also possesses high character and work ethic.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Sylvester Williams. After the top 3 DTs he would be the one I target, in fact in a lot of ways I prefer him to Floyd. He should be a nice late first/early second round pick

bigbluedefense 04-18-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3333962)

Why is he so under the radar then? I need to check him out.

princefielder28 04-18-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3334009)
Why is he so under the radar then? I need to check him out.

He's under the radar for the draft community and how much he's discussed but I think NFL teams have him in the neighborhood of being a Top 20 selection.

Robcards 04-18-2013 10:30 AM

Dion Jordan - Think I've sufficiently expressed my opinions on him ad nauseum at this point. Not an ideal fit for the Jets who would have him rushing 80%+ of plays

Ryan Nassib - He's a day 3 prospect and aside from things I've read by people trying to hype this guy up, I haven't seen anything to make me think he's worth a 2nd round pick even. Mike Glennon looked like Peyton Manning next to this guy at the senior bowl, I just don't get the hype.

Menelik Watson - This guy has bust written all over him. Garbage footwork, overrated athleticism, and it will take him at least 2 years to become a starter even if he does work out, and at RT not even LT, just don't see 1st round in this guy.

Margus Hunt - 26 year old developmental project sounds horrific to me, and also screams priority free agent or 7th rounder to me. Do not want.

LonghornsLegend 04-18-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3333871)
To take someone off the board means you really think they have no chance at success in the NFL. So that is pretty tough.

Exactly. You don't take someone off your board because they are raw, or need to develop, that's ridiculous. Some of the best players in the league right now you said that about as a prospect.

For me it's Te'o. The off the field stuff isn't that big of a deal though it is a portion, but he gets clobbered in the power running game. If I have a LB who can get washed away like that, he needs to have sideline to sideline range or be extremely athletic. It's fine to be smart at LB, but I don't know many LB's who are just smart and don't possess the tools to be one or the other.

He's not a thumper, he's not fast and rangy, and I also question his leadership among men after the whole girlfriend fiasco. There are too many other LB's who do things better and will be drafted at better value. Why is he a 1st rd pick but Lavonte David wasn't last year? Both guys will probably get washed out against bigger guards and FB's but at least David can get to the spot faster.

P-L 04-18-2013 11:02 AM

There's really not a player ranked highly that I would completely remove from my board. I really wouldn't touch Manti Te'o, but is for some reason he fell to day three I'd probably take a chance on him there. Same goes for Sam Montgomery and Margus Hunt.

Robcards 04-18-2013 11:13 AM

I don't think 'remove from board' should be taken literally. If a guy is going to go top 10 like dion Jordan, the fact that I have him in the 20s is effectively removing him from my board, he isn't literally off my board, if everyone else were to pass on him and I picked at 20 and somehow he was there, I'd take him.

Iamcanadian 04-18-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3333967)
Yeah I'm a big fan of Sylvester Williams. After the top 3 DTs he would be the one I target, in fact in a lot of ways I prefer him to Floyd. He should be a nice late first/early second round pick

There is zero chance Williams gets out of round 1, he'll be drafted in the 17-25 area without a doubt.

Iamcanadian 04-18-2013 11:30 AM

IMO, people has way overreacted to Mantiu Te'o, he is going to be drafted in round 1, probably in the 23-32 range. Discounting a tremendous career over one game against the greatest college OL in the history of college football, is absurd. It is also quite obvious that the negative publicity over the so called girlfriend, probably was seriously affecting his performance maybe even through the Alabama game and certainly during the Combine.

I personally think whoever drafts him may be getting a steal that late in round 1. You never know how high a ceiling a prospect will reach at the next level, but Manti is going to have a very decent and long NFL career.