Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Mike Mayock Top 100 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56362)

JohnCandy 04-19-2013 03:51 PM

Mike Mayock Top 100
 
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...kcarrier=other

SunTzu_22 04-19-2013 04:28 PM

Mayock sure loves Eddie Lacy and DJ Hayden..

Spaceboy1 04-19-2013 05:23 PM

Hayden is going to be an all pro, I love him too.

Roddoliver 04-19-2013 05:31 PM

When he evaluated Mingo he said the guy was a late 1st round pick, and now Mingo is in the top 10.

The Alex 04-19-2013 05:42 PM

The top ten are all linemen. I love it. Couldn't agree more.

Robcards 04-19-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roddoliver (Post 3335799)
When he evaluated Mingo he said the guy was a late 1st round pick, and now Mingo is in the top 10.

Mayock flip flops more than flip flopperson. He said Geno Smith wasn't a top 20 guy then goes to his pro day and says he's a surefire top 5 pick.

Attyla the Hawk 04-19-2013 06:22 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure why he mixes it up so radically.

I mean, I can understand if it's a Mock draft. Because often times, it's not a predictive exercise. But rather a hypothetical 'what if' deal. Some people do mocks not based on what they think will happen. And those can be misconstrued by readers easily.

If it's a top 100, then really that shouldn't be that fluid. That should be something you own, not what you think other GMs will think. Changing radically on the whim of topical fancy isn't worthy of a draft experts' name.

JohnCandy 04-19-2013 07:12 PM

I am a Fluker fan but 15 seems high for a RT.

I am not as surprised by Eifert in a weak draft that he is ranked very highly.

DJ Hayden was pretty high.

Ogletree at 44 has to be a reflection of the off field issues?

Justin Pugh in the 20s is surprising, is that at OT or OG?

holt_bruce81 04-19-2013 07:39 PM

I love that he has Ogletree at #44. Mayock has to be concerned with the off the field stuff with him. Just 2 weeks ago he had Ogletree as his #1 Inside linebacker.

For me, Ogletree in the first is way to high, I'd be ok spending a 2nd rounder on him, I think he deserves to go somewhere late on day two or early on day three.

SunTzu_22 04-19-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCandy (Post 3335891)
I am a Fluker fan but 15 seems high for a RT.

I am not as surprised by Eifert in a weak draft that he is ranked very highly.

DJ Hayden was pretty high.

Ogletree at 44 has to be a reflection of the off field issues?


Justin Pugh in the 20s is surprising, is that at OT or OG?

Its both on and off the field. Found this on Rotoworld:

Quote:

Ogletree is a candidate to slide out of the first round because his character is a nightmare. "Im scared to death about Ogletree, both for on- and off-the-field issues," Mayock said. "When you put the tape on, he has no clue what hes doing. He looks like a safety that somebody plugged inside at inside linebacker. He just runs around." Mayock also called Ogletree's work ethic and passion for the game "question marks right now."
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8383/alec-ogletree
I fully agree with all of it.

49erNation85 04-19-2013 10:22 PM

I like his 25 to around 40 ranked.Sf will be looking to get some good players to fill spots and competition.

JohnCandy 04-20-2013 02:53 AM

Tons of what I would look at as 2nd round talent.

Mayock was saying that there is 10 1st round grades

Iamcanadian 04-20-2013 12:37 PM

Considering that 2nd round talent usually starts around pick 25 and extends to pick 45 in a deep draft year, and that picks in that range almost always depend on who a team falls in love with and not their exact grades, this list is fairly decent.
As long as people remember that #45 can still go round 1, after all, this isn't a mock just a draft board.
If Mayock is saying there are 10 first round talents then his top 10 would be his tier 1, probably, 11-25 is his tier 2 and 26-45 is his tier 3 and any or all are quite capable of going in round 1.

thebow305 04-20-2013 12:47 PM

The guy has serious emotional issues...

JT Jag 04-20-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 (Post 3336018)

Ever since everyone whiffed on Aaron Curry based on his phenomenal physical abilities and instincts and it turned out that that he was unable to actually learn a defense, scouts have had to pay more attention to how much knowledge of the game linebackers actually have.

AcheTen (Thumper) 04-21-2013 12:33 AM

It's not even just the "issues" that ogletree has.

He's a non-pass-rushing linebacker. Those guys are simply not a good value in the first round.

First round players ideally should either A.) play QB or B.) sack the QB or C.) protect the QB.

After that they should D.) catch passes from the QB or E.) cover guys receiving passes from the QB

RBs and ILBs are the least important positions in football (outside of non-football players like Punter and Kicker) right now due to the paramount importance of the passing game.

J-Mike88 04-21-2013 09:06 PM

Here's Mayock's TOP 40.
About 20 will become NOTHINGS within 3 years confirmed, including as usual some in the top 10, 5.

Name the 20 IYO who will amount to nothing like a Rolando McLain, Tyson Jackson, Jason Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Aaron Curry, Derrius Heyward-Bey. Aaron Maybin, Chad Jackson . This takes some ballz sometimes.

Back to back DJ's in the top-15. Interesting.

1. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
2. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
3. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
4. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
5. Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
6. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
7. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
8. Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
9. Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU
10. Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU


11. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
12. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
13. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
14. D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
15. D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
16. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
17. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
18. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
19. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

20. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

21. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
22. Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
23. Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame
24. Justin Pugh, OT, Syracuse
25. Matt Elam, FS, Florida
26. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
27. Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
28. Eric Reid,FS, LSU
29. Kyle Long,OG, Oregon
30. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

31. Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
32. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee

33. Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
34. Kevin Minter,ILB, LSU
35. Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
36. Arthur Brown, ILB, Kansas State
37. Keenan Allen, WR, California
38. Jonathan Cyprien, FS, Florida International
39. Margus Hunt, DE, SMU
40. Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

I'll go on a limb of sorts and BOLD about 3 guys in each tier who I'd have to put my money on for becoming irrelevant (or written off like a Jason Smith), or a flatout bust by 3 years time.

Attyla the Hawk 04-22-2013 11:20 AM

Dion Jordan is my pick.

They said the EXACT same thing about Aaron Curry. He could rush the passer, but just wasn't asked to do it much. Turns out there was a legit reason why they didn't ask it much.

I am going to be forever wary of players who are these athletic Adonis' who inexplicably aren't tasked with doing the most important function of a defensive end.

Jordan is a physically impressive specimen with very little track record of success. Identical to Curry. I'm putting him firmly in the same career path.


I'm going to second Sharrif Floyd. Honestly, I don't see a guy who produced well. I don't see a guy who measures great. Short stubby arms. Worked wonders for Melvin 'T-Rex' Ingram last year. This isn't a guy who blew up on tape, or produced statistically. This is a guy who after the regular season looked like a 2nd round guy. What did he do in between the time his season was over, and the time the combine concluded? Not much if anything.

He still looks like a second round guy to me.

J-Mike88 04-22-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attyla the Hawk (Post 3338094)
Dion Jordan is my pick.

They said the EXACT same thing about Aaron Curry. He could rush the passer, but just wasn't asked to do it much. Turns out there was a legit reason why they didn't ask it much.

I am going to be forever wary of players who are these athletic Adonis' who inexplicably aren't tasked with doing the most important function of a defensive end.

Jordan is a physically impressive specimen with very little track record of success. Identical to Curry. I'm putting him firmly in the same career path.


I'm going to second Sharrif Floyd. Honestly, I don't see a guy who produced well. I don't see a guy who measures great. Short stubby arms. Worked wonders for Melvin 'T-Rex' Ingram last year. This isn't a guy who blew up on tape, or produced statistically. This is a guy who after the regular season looked like a 2nd round guy. What did he do in between the time his season was over, and the time the combine concluded? Not much if anything.

He still looks like a second round guy to me.

Well-said... SOMEONE went out on a limb.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.