Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   2013 NFL Draft selection thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56424)

vidae 04-22-2013 08:22 AM

2013 NFL Draft selection thread

As always, I'll keep this updated, and we can use this as our discussion thread for draft day.

1(1): Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
3(63): Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
3(96): Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
4(99): Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
5(134): Sanders Commings, CB/S, Georgia
6(170): Eric Kush, C, California (PA)
6(204): Braden Wilson, FB, Kanas State
7(207): Mike Catapano, DE/OLB, Princeton

King Carls 5 Year Plan 04-22-2013 04:35 PM

is anyone going to a draft party in the KC area? it would be interesting to go with people who care as much as i do and share similiar view points. usually i go watch it with friends and they have to ask me about the players. thats fine with me too, but having others with more knowledge than myself is always nice. it makes the interactions less 1 sided.

Splat 04-23-2013 07:23 PM

So, this is the rant thread? Good to know.

TheMatriculator 04-23-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3339971)
So, this is the rant thread? Good to know.

I like to think of it as the Anger Management Support Group. :cj:

King Carls 5 Year Plan 04-27-2013 10:59 AM

a few guys still on the board day 3 that I like (a lot of WRs on the list): Chris Harper KSU, Denard Robinson Mich, Ace Sanders USC and I know I may be made fun of for it, but I really like Marcus Lattimore's value here. Its getting late enough that if he gets healthy and returns to previous form, he will have extraordinary value. The idea of Lattimore and Charles together is special. Marcus could eventually take over for an aging Charles. Plus, he wouldnt have the pressure to play early here to let him heal properly

vidae 04-27-2013 11:24 AM

No way we're considering Lattimore after taking Knile Davis.

Splat 04-27-2013 11:29 AM

Draft a mother ******* QB!

TheMatriculator 04-27-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3348447)
Draft a mother ******* QB!

NO!!! You (and all the rest of us) are doomed to walk the earth forever waiting for this team to get serious about a QB. You will be chained to a franchise that always...always thinks that it is smarter than eveyone else. Sure, Jim Harbaugh has quite a resume as a developer of quarterbacks and sure he wants to get rid of Alex Smith as fast as he can but WE ARE SMARTER. We are so smart that we know what Harbaugh doesn't...that Alex Smith is a great QB. Yup, we're doomed.

TonyGfortheTD 04-27-2013 09:55 PM

What a meh draft. Not great, not awful, just meh.

vidae 04-27-2013 10:34 PM

I don't hate it but I don't love it either. It is good, not great.

But we did sign Tyler Bray as an UDFA, so that is pretty hotsex.

Hermstheman83 04-27-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3350299)
I don't hate it but I don't love it either. It is good, not great.

But we did sign Tyler Bray as an UDFA, so that is pretty hotsex.

I always thought he was most equitpped QB(that's what my wife tells me too...HEY OH!) but an even larger headcase. Worth a draft pick it sounds like, and we screwed the dolphins' to get him. So it just feels right...

Question for the more informed draftniks...is he better than Chase Daniels now? Alex Smith? I'd ask about Ricky Stanzi, but no one is more talented than him.

And matriculator. I'm guessing we were gunning for barkley but the eagles took him ahead of us. In all honesty, I've only been a fan for 15 years or so(an infant compared to your age eH? :) ) but if Alex Smith throws over 4k this year and shows improvement(because I think reid has a better track record for developing undertalented qb's and making them look like franchise quarterbacks, vs. Harbaugh taking Andrew Luck and making him look like....well, andrew luck. Or Kapernick, etc. vs. Reid with Jeff Garcia, Kolb, and others) I hope you guys will admit if you are wrong. Then again...you guys are generally studly when it comes to this stuff...

vidae 04-27-2013 11:39 PM

I think it should be noted that I WANT to be wrong about Alex Smith. I WANT him to throw for 4k+ and 25+ TDs. I WANT a QB I can feel confident in. I want another Trent Green. That is the ceiling for me. That's all I want. A Trent Green type. If Alex can be that for us, great, I'm all in, and I'll admit I was wrong.

villagewarrior 04-28-2013 12:28 AM

I think the fact that all the QBs dropped like hot potatoes proved that the league in general didn't like these QBs. The Chiefs chose a bad year to pick first, but I for one am glad they didn't reach for lesser talent just to satisfy a need.

TheMatriculator 04-28-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 (Post 3350351)
And matriculator. I'm guessing we were gunning for barkley but the eagles took him ahead of us. In all honesty, I've only been a fan for 15 years or so(an infant compared to your age eH? :) ) but if Alex Smith throws over 4k this year and shows improvement(because I think reid has a better track record for developing undertalented qb's and making them look like franchise quarterbacks, vs. Harbaugh taking Andrew Luck and making him look like....well, andrew luck. Or Kapernick, etc. vs. Reid with Jeff Garcia, Kolb, and others) I hope you guys will admit if you are wrong. Then again...you guys are generally studly when it comes to this stuff...

For the record, Harbaugh was Gruden's QB coach with the Raiders and did a pretty good job with Rich Gannon.

Alex Smith had career best years with Harbaugh (yds, comp%, avg.) and I just think it is unrealistic to expect him to be better with Reid. I hope I'm wrong but this is guy that can get you to the playoffs but not much further. Harbaugh saw that and unloaded him as quickly as he could.

TheMatriculator 04-28-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagewarrior (Post 3350412)
I think the fact that all the QBs dropped like hot potatoes proved that the league in general didn't like these QBs. The Chiefs chose a bad year to pick first, but I for one am glad they didn't reach for lesser talent just to satisfy a need.

Only time will tell, but remember every team in the league also passed on Joe Montana and Tom Brady so the consensus opinion may not mean very much.

villagewarrior 04-29-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatriculator (Post 3350959)
Only time will tell, but remember every team in the league also passed on Joe Montana and Tom Brady so the consensus opinion may not mean very much.

Of course, but "time will tell" is a true statement for every prospect.

TheMatriculator 04-29-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagewarrior (Post 3351315)
Of course, but "time will tell" is a true statement for every prospect.

Of course, and the fact that "all the QBs dropped like hot potatoes" doesn't PROVE anything except that teams agreed. It doesn't prove they were right.

villagewarrior 05-03-2013 01:13 AM

I think another gem of KC's UDFA class is Rob Lohr. For some reason I always caught a lot of Vanderbilt games on TV and he impressed me with his size, hustle and undervalued athleticism. He should make a play for a roster spot given the lack of depth at DE.

The basketball TE Harris is intriguing as well. No idea if he has the physicality to make it, but the basketball conversions have worked very well in the past for other teams, why not us?

Hermstheman83 05-07-2013 06:41 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about Sanders Commings so far. Apparently, he's enormous for a CB so he'll most likely play FS. Kinda sounds like a bigger kendrick lewis eh(idk if that's a good thing now)