Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   2014 NFL Mock Draft (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56636)

ninerfan35 05-01-2013 01:35 PM

2014 NFL Mock Draft
 
Here is my first attempt at predicting the future. It took me a while but I've managed to fit in all my favoourite prospects. People that are clued up can condemn, those that aren't might learn some more about the prospects via the write ups and video links posted below.

Have a look, share and please debate!

http://v2journal.com/19/post/2013/05...an-lamont.html

K Train 05-01-2013 01:45 PM

The steelers lost Keenan Lewis, not Keenan Allen, and Lewis really isnt that good. Cortez allen is going to be just as good in that position. I like Loucheiz Purifoy but the steelers dont value CBs in the first very much. Ike Taylor, Cortez Allen, Williams ***, Curtis Brown, Terry Hawthorne, and Demarcus Van Dyke isnt a terrible set of corners for them, espeically with what they ask the corners to do. Its possible, especially with ike getting old they are just way more likely to take one in rounds 2-5

TE or WR is more likely

Pat Sims 90 05-01-2013 01:50 PM

Anthony Barr passing rushing talent would be wasted in a 4-3 at LB. Either the Bengals should move him to DE or take someone else.

CJSchneider 05-01-2013 03:14 PM

I have no problems with the Saints selection.

BallerT1215 05-01-2013 03:47 PM

Van Noy....more like...Van Naughty.


I still am depressed everyone has us going top 5 next year.

JHasley10 05-01-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3354008)
Van Noy....more like...Van Naughty.


I still am depressed everyone has us going top 5 next year.

What have you done to prove otherwise?

Babylon 05-01-2013 04:25 PM

I got Morgan Breslin going to Seattle in my latest mock (didn't know i even had one). 13 sacks last year for the Trojans at DE but he should play LB at the next level. Reminds me of former sack master Kevin Greene.

BallerT1215 05-01-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHasley10 (Post 3354045)
What have you done to prove otherwise?

We aren't devoid of talent like some other teams.

vidae 05-01-2013 04:35 PM

I'd take Watkins in KC.

thebow305 05-01-2013 11:50 PM

I'm down with Nix. Especially since it's looking more likely that Starks won't be re-signed long term.

Poz51 05-02-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHasley10 (Post 3354045)
What have you done to prove otherwise?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3354058)
We aren't devoid of talent like some other teams.

There is a new head coach in Buffalo who understands the modern NFL and is known as a offensive mind, who adapts to the times.
They also brought in a DC who does not run the same vanilla defense play after play, and also knows the modern NFL.
There was also free agency and the draft.
Chris Kelsay retired, Fitpatrick was released and did I mention the Pornstache is no longer the DC? Simple addition by subtraction in this case....

As for this mock, I like Van Naughty myself as a potential pick for the Bills.

xstamper13 05-02-2013 01:56 PM

Finally, someone that gets it! If the Raiders do end up with the 1st overall pick there's absolutely NO way they pass up the franchise QB to take Clowney.

49erNation85 05-02-2013 08:49 PM

great sf pick

Legacy 05-02-2013 10:21 PM

Two things:

1) Tight end isn't a featured part of Tampa Bay's offensive scheme. The TEs are asked to block more than they're asked to be receivers, so selecting one in the first round, let alone a top 10 pick, would be a waste.

2) If the Bucs are selecting in the top 10 in the 2014 draft, Freeman won't be re-signed following this season. They're going to be looking for a quarterback.

SickwithIt1010 05-03-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3355244)
great sf pick

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3353297)
Damn people already picking us to land a CB it wasn't our biggest need people! A wide out will be .

Umm you just posted this about the same guy on a guy's mock yesterday, will you make up your mind?

nobodyinparticular 05-04-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan35 (Post 3353848)
Here is my first attempt at predicting the future. It took me a while but I've managed to fit in all my favoourite prospects. People that are clued up can condemn, those that aren't might learn some more about the prospects via the write ups and video links posted below.

Have a look, share and please debate!

http://v2journal.com/19/post/2013/05...an-lamont.html

I can only hope Teddy Bridgewater continues to blow up this year and he actually declares in 2014. I would love to hitch my wagon to him as a franchise QB. Aaron Murray is the other guy I think has that potential.

RCAChainGang 05-04-2013 10:06 PM

Don't know anything about prospects, but I'm fine with the position. With DHB in a contract year and Reggie at 35 years old, the only locked position we have long term is a slot receiver in Hilton.

nobodyinparticular 05-04-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCAChainGang (Post 3356600)
Don't know anything about prospects, but I'm fine with the position. With DHB in a contract year and Reggie at 35 years old, the only locked position we have long term is a slot receiver in Hilton.

I want to hear scotty go off about this guy... Coleman looks like he has all the tools to be a stud.

Or to be Limas Sweed.

RCAChainGang 05-04-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3356604)
I want to hear scotty go off about this guy... Coleman looks like he has all the tools to be a stud.

Or to be Limas Sweed.

I wonder if the youtubes have him. *Runs to see*

EDIT: Looks like a freaking gazelle.

BamaFalcon59 05-07-2013 01:59 AM

I'm a fan of Toilolo for ATL who we drafted this year but I love Lyerla and would be ecstatic. Even if Toilolo pans out, two tight end sets are trending and Lyerla in particular can line up all over.

T-RICH49 05-09-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3354061)
I'd take Watkins in KC.

what he said


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.