Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mafia Games (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   Marvel UPick Mafia Game - Town/JR Win! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56696)

Grizzlegom 05-14-2013 11:37 AM

Marvel UPick Mafia Game - Town/JR Win!

Today is a dark day in the world of superheroes. The World's First Superhero was found dead this morning, murdered in cold blood on the steps of City Hall. Grizzlegom was America's oldest, and most revered hero, leader of The Avengers and Protector of Peace.

Grizzlegom (Captain America, Protector) has been killed.

It would seem that this latest threat means business. Can the remaining heroes band together and root out this threat without their leader?

Living Players:
  1. Cigaro
  2. D-Unit
  3. TitanHope

Dead/Winning Players:

Night 1 - Broth (Nightcrawler, 2xCommuter) has been killed.
Night 1 - Gonzo (Doctor Strange, Doctor) has been killed.
Day 2 - Vidae (Deadpool, Odd-Night Vigilante) has been lynched.
Night 2 - RufusMcDaniel (Venom, Framer) has been killed.
Day 3 - Jvig43 (Carnage, Role Blocker/1xStrongman) has been lynched.
Night 3 - Fenikz (Cable, Doublevoter) has been killed.
Day 4 - CashmoneyDrew (Spider-Man, Odd-Night Role Blocker) has been lynched.
Day 4 - JRDrylie(J. Jonah Jameson, Editor/Spider-Man Lyncher) has achieved victory!
Night 4 - SuperMcGee (Punisher, Paranoid Gun Owner) has been killed.
Night 4 - Rob S (Wolverine, Even-Night Vigilante) has been killed.
Day 5 - ImBrotherCain (Magneto, Bulletproof Godfather/Role Cop) has been lynched.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

--Breaking rules, even if it is only one infraction, is grounds to be mod-killed. I'm a pretty lenient mod and there aren't a whole lot of rules so play nice.

--Do NOT contact each other outside of the game by any means necessary unless your role allows it and it is the predetermined time that you are allowed to talk.

--NO LYNCH is on the table.

--All lynch and unlynch votes must be in bold. You must unlynch before you can change your vote. Ex: Vote: Grizzlegom

--If your name is on the player list and you did not receive a role PM, let me know ASAP.

--Do not talk in Dark Orange, that's my color.

--Refrain from editing your posts.

--None of the "if you're wrong about me, will you agree to not play for a month" or "If I'm evil, I'll never play again" stuff. No sig bets.

--Character/role claiming is allowed, with no limitations.

Townie Role PM Example:

You are Franklin Richards. You are a Townie and have no special abilities aside from your ability to vote and reason. You win when the town is free from threats.

vidae 05-14-2013 11:40 AM

Losing Captain America is a big deal, and it's going to hurt, but I think we can come together, find whoever was responsible for this, and make them pay!

CashmoneyDrew 05-14-2013 11:44 AM

RIP, and God speed Cap!

ImBrotherCain 05-14-2013 11:48 AM

Wow... the leader of the Avengers gone already.

That isn't something we can easily overcome.

ImBrotherCain 05-14-2013 12:06 PM

Come on guys I am excited for this game!

Do I need to go Gonzo to get some discussion?

Cigaro 05-14-2013 12:40 PM

I think Grizz made an error, everyone knows you can't just kill Captain America.

Also, the numbers indicate that D-Unit is evil.

CashmoneyDrew 05-14-2013 12:46 PM

What's a matter guys? Black Cat got your tongues? She doesn't have mine.

I'll get us started.

Vidae is sooo ugly, that instead of scarecrows, farmers use his cardboard cutout.

Brothgar 05-14-2013 12:48 PM

THAT'S IT DREW IS SCARE CROW HE'S SO EVIL THAT HE PICKED A DC VILLAIN! I've got you buddy.

ImBrotherCain 05-14-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew (Post 3362891)
What's a matter guys? Black Cat got your tongues? She doesn't have mine.

I'll get us started.

Vidae is sooo ugly, that instead of scarecrows, farmers use his cardboard cutout.

Cigaro 05-14-2013 12:54 PM

Holy hell is Black Cat a blatant rip-off of Catwoman.

CashmoneyDrew 05-14-2013 12:58 PM

Broth is ssoooo dumb that he took a ruler to bed to try and measure how long he could sleep.

ImBrotherCain 05-14-2013 12:58 PM

Not sure who came first but DC and Marvel do that all the time.

Marvel had Taskmaster -> DC came out with Deathstroke -> Marvel released Deadpool.

Its pretty common place it seems.

Cigaro 05-14-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 3362903)
Not sure who came first but DC and Marvel do that all the time.

Marvel had Taskmaster -> DC came out with Deathstroke -> Marvel released Deadpool.

Its pretty common place it seems.

Wiki had Catwoman as first appearing in 1940, Black Cat in 1979.

And I don't doubt, Black Cat happens to be the first obvious example I've been exposed to.

ImBrotherCain 05-14-2013 01:02 PM

I am pretty sure Hawkeye and Green Arrow are pretty much the same on that front as well.

ImBrotherCain 05-14-2013 01:09 PM

Anyway back to the topic at hand.

I am sure we are going to have the age old debate on Lynch or No Lynch as we always do... I am personally going to say I don't really like No Lynches. I never really have as I think it tends to favor the Mafia over the Town.

Any and all information is good information. It might come at the potential expense of a good guy but in my own opinion we can glean more info from the Lynch votes.

D-Unit 05-14-2013 01:14 PM

We must avenge the death of Captain America!!!! Justice must prevail!

Oh and Cigaro, your numbers stink.

Dr. Gonzo 05-14-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 3362912)

I am sure we are going to have the age old debate on Lynch or No Lynch as we always do... I am personally going to say I don't really like No Lynches. I never really have as I think it tends to favor the Mafia over the Town.

Any and all information is good information. It might come at the potential expense of a good guy but in my own opinion we can glean more info from the Lynch votes.

I will support a lynch. Unless info comes out day 2 which is sort of rare and there is a no lynch day one it just means everyone sits around with their thumb up their ass and we get nowhere.

I think we should lynch the least active person. Worst case we send a message and we can look at who people voted to lynch and the way we went about doing so. Would also mean that baddies can't lay low. Best case is we actually catch one of those baddies.

Vidae and CMD, you both strike me as evil you *****.

CashmoneyDrew 05-14-2013 01:17 PM

I used to be pro-no lynch, but towards the end of last mafia season I started to come around on lynching on day one.

I'm pretty sure Rufus denied my Facebook friend request once, so I'd be ok with giving him the boot!

D-Unit 05-14-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 3362912)

I've been a part of many games where a Day 1 No Lynch has helped the town win. I'm not really down for a lynch just to lynch unless someone acts peculiar enough to maybe warrant it. Otherwise, I'll probably vote No Lynch.

Then again... maybe I want to be kooky and flip the script just to be random. Dun dun dun....

Dr. Gonzo 05-14-2013 01:18 PM

Vote: CMD

Your jokes do not sit right with me, gut tells me you are evil.

Rob S 05-14-2013 01:19 PM

Hit us with the random number generator, JR.

CashmoneyDrew 05-14-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo (Post 3362916)
Vidae and CMD, you both strike me as evil you *****.

I knew I should have started with a fat joke.

Gonzo is so fat that his belly button gets home 10 minutes before he does.

Dr. Gonzo 05-14-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3362919)
I've been a part of many games where a Day 1 No Lynch has helped the town win. I'm not really down for a lynch just to lynch unless someone acts peculiar enough to maybe warrant it. Otherwise, I'll probably vote No Lynch.

Then again... maybe I want to be kooky and flip the script just to be random. Dun dun dun....

Describe those games. I can recall one time where a no lynch helped the town win a game when it was essentially decided from the start that a no lynch would happen. Not one single time has it helped. Now towns have one after no lynching but I don't think it helps, especially because at this point every game it is a forgone conclusion. You are ******* fishy D.

CashmoneyDrew 05-14-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo (Post 3362920)
Vote: CMD

Your jokes do not sit right with me, gut tells me you are evil.

Wow! Right when I'm making a fat joke about you, you go and talk about your gut.

Classic Gonzo.

Grizzlegom 05-14-2013 01:22 PM

Updated Vote Count:

CMD (1):
Gonzo

With 14 alive, 8 votes are needed for a lynch.