Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Pick a Guy Who Will Be Overrated in 2014 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56703)

AntoinCD 05-15-2013 03:04 PM

Pick a Guy Who Will Be Overrated in 2014

My guy is Loucheiz Purifoy. I understand why people love him. He has great size, more than adequate speed, plays against top competition etc

However when I watch him play I see a guy who, while making some big splash plays, is very exploitable (especially on intermediate routes), lacks great awareness and doesn't seem to have great change of direction skills.

South Carolina really went after him on comeback routes and he wasn't able to recognise them or adjust to them.

I also see a guy who may be limited to playing boundary CB at the next level. I'm not sure I would be confident in leaving him on an island to the open side of the field.

He is a long athlete who isn't afraid to stick his nose in and can play press man, but if I am drafting in the top half of the first round I want a guy who can be counted on in any scheme I run. I just see a limited guy in Purifoy.

He could be great in an aggressive man scheme similar to the Jets but I am not sure he is a plug and play guy in any defense. Right now I would see him as a fringe first round talent

MassNole 05-15-2013 03:12 PM

Johnny Manziel and it won't even be close.

Babylon 05-15-2013 04:29 PM

Teddy Bridgewater. Being fairly, or unfairly, annointed as the next best thing but i'm not seeing any one great characteristic just yet. Thing is there are probably 3 QBs in Boyd, Hundley and Manziel that could go before him. Still in the wait and see mode with all these guys.

ChiFan24 05-15-2013 04:58 PM

Marqise Lee. I like him, I just don't think he's big enough or fast enough to warrant the hype he's received. That's pretty much all there is to it.

FUNBUNCHER 05-15-2013 06:02 PM

Marquise is elite in every sense except he's not 6'3 and probably doesn't run a 4.3. If you thought Dez Bryant was an elite prospect, so is Lee.

I think Bridgewater is slightly overrated now, but Nawrocki will make sure we all know about his lack of commitment for the game, slow eyes, poor work ethic and lack of leadership in the lockerroom.

pierce2walker 05-15-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3364139)

Lots of this.

mqtirishfan 05-15-2013 06:18 PM

I think Louis Nix might be a little overrated. I don't see a top 10 guy in Nix, and the early mocks seem to have him around there frequently. I like Tuitt more than Nix.

BallerT1215 05-15-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqtirishfan (Post 3364470)
I think Louis Nix might be a little overrated. I don't see a top 10 guy in Nix, and the early mocks seem to have him around there frequently. I like Tuitt more than Nix.

Tuitt might be the most loved/hyped ND player I've seen in quite a while.

In terms of outside of ND fans. Everyone is all over his ****.

Norcal3518 05-15-2013 06:37 PM

Teddy Bridgewater. I am sick of reading that this kid is an elite prospect. I think he is a solid prospect but i would not put him on the elite level. The thing about him is he just doesnt have any glaring weaknesses however I also dont think he has any strengths that make him the next top QB. People are saying he is by far the top QB in this upcoming draft but i think there are a handful of guys that are on the same level as him. And there will be a few that could very well be ahead of him when its all said and done.

BigJohn98 05-15-2013 07:51 PM

My vote goes to Bridgewater as well. He's a good player, but I need to see more from him. I feel like he's just a regular prospect, not some once in a lifetime prospect like some of my friends think he is. Some of my friends are also putting him in the Andrew Luck and RGIII category when I bring up who the Jags should draft next year between Bridgewater and Clowney.

cmd34 05-15-2013 08:39 PM

I'm not seeing all the love that Timmy Jernigan is getting.

BallerT1215 05-15-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmd34 (Post 3364608)
I'm not seeing all the love that Timmy Jernigan is getting.

Come again?

BRAVEHEART 05-15-2013 09:42 PM

Manziel, Bridgewater, the UF corners, Ifo ekpre Olomu, and ehhh...I think of some more later, but those are the ones the come quickest to my noodle.

norcalgsr 05-15-2013 10:43 PM

Ka'Deem Carey.

SenorGato 05-16-2013 03:07 AM

Definitely Manziel and probably not Hundley. Hundley is going to be my choice for riser if/when that thread pops up.

JustisM 05-16-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3364139)

This. He's good at toggling between run and pass. That's about all he does for me.

Caulibflower 05-16-2013 05:47 AM

I'm going to second Ka'Deem Carey. His big plays are usually runs where he just runs to daylight. He doesn't have the power to break tackles, the acceleration or agility to elude defenders, and he gets caught from behind. Very little yards after contact.

princefielder28 05-16-2013 08:18 AM

Manziel and Nix

JFLO 05-16-2013 11:08 AM

I agree with the Purifoy, Manziel and Tuitt statements earlier. A name that hasn't been mentioned yet that I'll throw out there is Scott Crichton. Granted, I haven't been able to look at too much game tape of a lot of prospects so far but of all the tape I've seen, Crichton's worries me the most. He doesn't have a good first step and I think his ability to separate is lacking as well. Too many times I noticed a tackle handling him with ease and a running back blowing right by #95.

Halsey 05-16-2013 12:41 PM

Jadaveon Clowney

People are all over his nuts so much that he can't possibly live up to the hype.

Caulibflower 05-16-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3365148)
Jadaveon Clowney

People are all over his nuts so much that he can't possibly live up to the hype.

Are you just trolling? He's like the Andrew Luck of defensive ends.

Babylon 05-16-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3365217)
Are you just trolling? He's like the Andrew Luck of defensive ends.

Might be talked about too much but he's a 10 out of 10 for me so not sure how he can be overrated.

As for those that mention Manziel he gets dissed so much at some point he's going to be underrated. No matter how he grades out someone is going to want him very early in the draft.

tjsunstein 05-16-2013 02:14 PM

David Fales, QB
De'Anthony Thomas, Weapon

Caulibflower 05-16-2013 02:16 PM

David Fales is another great one for me. I keep forgetting there are people calling him a first round pick.

descendency 05-16-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3365298)
As for those that mention Manziel he gets dissed so much at some point he's going to be underrated. No matter how he grades out someone is going to want him very early in the draft.

I hope so, because stupid teams taking players that don't belong in the early part of the draft is how good teams get very good players.

If it weren't for the Bills taking EJ Manuel and the Browns taking Barkevious Mingo, how else would guys like Jarvis Jones have fallen to the Steelers.