Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Dogs - Thread for the Best Companion You Can Have (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56719)

Bengals78 05-18-2013 07:10 PM

Dogs - Thread for the Best Companion You Can Have

Since this always comes up anyways and someone always complains about it in whichever topic it is, what dogs does everyone have? want? had?

Mine (mutt)

jrdrylie 05-18-2013 07:23 PM

In my life my family has had a long hair Chihuahua, a Yorkie, and a Border Collie. I currently have a Brittany Spaniel (Roxy) and what we thought was an Australian Shepherd but we not think she is more of a Corgi mix (Windy).

Bengals78 05-18-2013 07:25 PM

Haha those ears are killing me.

jrdrylie 05-18-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals78 (Post 3367582)
Haha those ears are killing me.

Yeah, they are ridiculous. But she's a weird one. Whenever we go visit my parents, when we leave, she has both of them down. Currently, she is rocking one up one down. When they are both up, she reminds me of a Gremlin.

vidae 05-18-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3367580)

Well if this isn't the cutest goddamn thing I've ever seen.

ImBrotherCain 05-18-2013 08:09 PM

Obviously my pup has made he rounds around the site.

Her name is Nyx (named after a Greek Goddess) but has many affectionate nicknames ranging from Beast, Chubbles, The Urher and as many here know her... TOR Dog!

I pretty much only take photos of her but if I had to choose one I think this is my favorite:

I tell my girlfriend all the time that I will always love the dog more than her... she doesn't take it kindly

Bengals78 05-18-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3367594)
Well if this isn't the cutest goddamn thing I've ever seen.

you really have to be scum to not think that. so i think we can all agree we know who will not think that.

Bengals78 05-18-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 3367605)
Obviously my pup has made he rounds around the site.

Her name is Nyx (named after a Greek Goddess) but has many affectionate nicknames ranging from Beast, Chubbles, The Urher and as many here know her... TOR Dog!

I pretty much only take photos of her but if I had to choose one I think this is my favorite:

I tell my girlfriend all the time that I will always love the dog more than her... she doesn't take it kindly

Women really just don't get it.
I had a friend who was really mad when her BF got a new puppy and asked me to tell him to spend more time with her not the dog. I laughed at her

pierce2walker 05-18-2013 08:31 PM

For a second I thought IBC named his dog njx.

Babylon 05-18-2013 09:15 PM

Got a mini schnauzer now that I sort of adopted (thanks to my daughter). He's getting old but his best feature is he'll stay in bed as long as you do.

I had a Bassett Hound that would get up every night at zero dark thirty and would take her sweet time coming back in.

pierce2walker 05-18-2013 09:23 PM

How was having a Bassett Hound? I've had a soft spot for them for a long time and have considered getting one at one point.

jrdrylie 05-18-2013 09:25 PM

Windy goes through phases. For a month she will sleep through the night. And then for a few days (like last night) she wants a drink in the middle of the night.

Babylon 05-18-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierce2walker (Post 3367642)
How was having a Bassett Hound? I've had a soft spot for them for a long time and have considered getting one at one point.

Well if you don't mind the middle of the night trip outdoors they're probably the best friend you'll ever have. the stairs and the jumping off the bed eventually did her back in so owning a rambler is almost a requirement.

pierce2walker 05-18-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3367645)
Well if you don't mind the middle of the night trip outdoors they're probably the best friend you'll ever have. the stairs and the jumping off the bed eventually did her back in so owning a rambler is almost a requirement.

Good to hear. The middle of the night thing could just be the individual dog. I could see the jumping on the bed being hard on it's back, but I suppose you could train it to stay down. How are they in terms of shedding and drooling?

vidae 05-18-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain (Post 3367605)

TOR DOG!!!

Babylon 05-18-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierce2walker (Post 3367650)
Good to hear. The middle of the night thing could just be the individual dog. I could see the jumping on the bed being hard on it's back, but I suppose you could train it to stay down. How are they in terms of shedding and drooling?

they do shed. Seemed like there were a lot of trips to the vet but as you mentioned that may just be the dog.

nobodyinparticular 05-18-2013 09:58 PM

My doggy

jrdrylie 05-18-2013 11:53 PM

Is that a German Shepherd? My wife wants one of those.

Raiderz4Life 05-19-2013 12:44 AM

That's my German Shepherd Hulk. Love that dog.

Dad's pit and one of the 2 chihuahuas. She's 3 and that's as big as she's getting.

jayceheathman 05-19-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals78 (Post 3367606)
you really have to be scum to not think that. so i think we can all agree we know who will not think that.

Jbond and Vidae?

Bengals78 05-19-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayceheathman (Post 3367726)
Jbond and Vidae?

SuperPacker

StickSkills 05-19-2013 09:18 AM

Quintos - he was a dog we got from a shelter. He's a mutt, don't really know what all. There was one time when my mom (type 1 diabetic) was having an insulin reaction while she was asleep, and he somehow could sense it and woke her up. He has quite the personality and is quite needy. He loves to leave our property though to go to the lake and greet everyone fishing.

Tira - when you talk about loyalty and a dog that will never leave your side, that's her.

Bengals78 05-19-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickSkills (Post 3367774)
Quintos - he was a dog we got from a shelter. He's a mutt, don't really know what all. [b]There was one time when my mom (type 1 diabetic) was having an insulin reaction while she was asleep, and he somehow could sense it and woke her up. [\b] He has quite the personality and is quite needy. He loves to leave our property though to go to the lake and greet everyone fishing.

That's awesome.
I think my dog would just start licking someone in that situation.

nobodyinparticular 05-19-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3367718)
Is that a German Shepherd? My wife wants one of those.

She is a German shepherd mix. She was born in the pound. Her mom was a full bred shepherd with papers but we don't know her dad.

With how her tail curls and the soft white undercoat we think she has some form of husky. She's smaller than most shepherds so maybe Alaskan husky. Lots of Akita owners ask if she's Akita so there's that too.

Whatever she is, we absolutely love her. We got her at 8 weeks old out of the pound's "foster care" system. From the moment we got her she had health problems--specifically very bad mange mites that caused her to lose most of her fur. At one point the vet didn't think she was going to pull through. But she did. And as you can see from half the pictures, she is always such a happy dog with that goofy smile. She's protective and loving. But she's afraid of the stupidest things. Like lamps. Or styrofoam or plastic bags of any kind. Anything that is slowly falling, like a bag of chips or box of cereal getting locked over.

And she's my dog. Or I am her puppy. Sometimes I'm sure she think I am her puppy and my wife is her den mother. She loves to cuddle. And I don't know what I'd do without her.

diabsoule 05-22-2013 08:14 PM

Here's mine, she's a rescue and is a mix of a Jack Russel and a smooth haired fox terrier. Once my wife and I buy our house we plan on getting a standard schnauzer and a boxer.