Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Zombie Apocalypse Draft II (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56734)

Brown Leader 05-20-2013 10:11 PM

Zombie Apocalypse Draft II

Off season dog days are here. Upcoming WWZ has me wanting to start this up again. 2nd edition of the draft Brothgar ran last off season.

Looking for 12-15 participants and 2-4 judges to take part.

1. Phlysac
2. Forenci
3. OSUGIANTS17
4. Brothgar
5. jrdrylie
6. Cigaro
7. Brodeur
8. diabsoule
9. Brownleader
10. Trogdor

Clock
Tentative 4pm - 2am EST. non strict 30min clock. I'll remind and take bbs. Clock off Fri-Sat nights(no skipping)-resume Sun at 4pm EST.

We will draft

1 location - This is the location of your survivor base. An attempt should be made to make your home base distinct from all others but as long as it isn't nearly identical, you should be good. Pictures please and link if needed.

1 vehicle - This is how your group of survivors will transport themselves. You will get enough transport vehicles to transport ALL of your survivors so if you draft bicycles you get 5 of them. The vehicle must be available to the general public no tanks or experimental military hovercraft. And keep in mind it must be able to transport any other items you draft-not necessarily all at once though.

5 weapons - Once again they must be real and available to the general law abiding public. An attempt should be made to make your weapons distinct from all others but as long as it isn't nearly identical, you should be good.

1 Celebrity - The Celebrity not the character. Person must be alive.

1 NFL player/coach - Just for fun self explanatory must be alive.

2 wild card people - Must be real and alive. None of the judges can be drafted.

3 wild card items - unlike vehicles you only get packages that they normally come in. ie. if you draft beer you can have a keg or a case or a six pack etc. Must be something that only 5 people could manage and must be able to be transported in or by your vehicle. LIMIT 2 BULK KITS Links & pictures please.

How do we tell who wins.

Write a brief explanation of your strategy and items/people. We will have 3-5 Judges who will go through every aspect of your team's likelihood of living. Debate and rank.

What will be taken into account when you determine who will live the longest?

**EVERYTHING.** As before.

Forenci 05-20-2013 10:35 PM

I want to do this again but last time I got SUPER turned off because everyone was trying to push what they could get and it sort of got lame because of it. Like people were getting entire solar farms and stuff.

This could be awesome but I think there need to be some really clear cut rules on what is and isn't allowed.

Brown Leader 05-20-2013 10:53 PM

If it's a legit package item that could conceivably be acquired by an individual, it passes. Entire industrial solar arrays is just ********. It should be something that just 5 people could manage. I think just one or two people last time got out of hand, otherwise it was good.

CJSchneider 05-20-2013 10:54 PM

You could make a pre-determined pool of items to be drafted. That might help.

Brown Leader 05-20-2013 10:59 PM

I think the point is out thinking, out-planning everyone in order to win or survive. Pre determined items kind of kills that.

phlysac 05-20-2013 11:14 PM

I'd like to participate, if I could.

Need to lock-down the rules a bit. Last year proved that many types of rifles, shotguns, and pistols could be drafted, but only one person could have a crossbow.

This is just one example of the "no duplicating picks" that came up.

Forenci 05-20-2013 11:17 PM

Yeah, I think part of the fun is choosing. I think as long as you willing to deny some people's choices then it will go alright. I think people will just have to accept that if they get denied because last time I think some of us tried to complain to get our way (myself included).

I am down though.

phlysac 05-20-2013 11:25 PM

As everyone becomes involved it would be good to peruse last year's draft to bring up some of the issues you see, so we can proactively prevent any disagreement in rules.

OSUGiants17 05-21-2013 09:44 AM

I'm in, the last one was fun albeit a bit ridiculous towards the end

Brothgar 05-21-2013 01:26 PM

Brothgar wants in this time as a participant or a judge.

Brown Leader 05-21-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 (Post 3368853)
I'm in, the last one was fun albeit a bit ridiculous towards the end

I know...

Brown Leader 05-22-2013 12:50 PM

So should we roll with just 5 or is that not enough?

Brothgar 05-22-2013 01:42 PM

I'll send a couple PMs but I'm fine with rolling with 5.

Brothgar 05-22-2013 01:44 PM

I'd also bring in a rule that if you can't carry the item in one vehicle then it isn't allowed. This SHOULD cut down on most of the crap that was pulled last year.

jrdrylie 05-22-2013 02:12 PM

What the heck, I'm in.

Cigaro 05-22-2013 04:14 PM

I might be willing to play. The one area that I want clarified the most is locales. Selected in the last game were a castle, a fortress/lighthouse, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, Mt. Weather, and a flak tower. Literally all variations of a military fort/compound. While I can see the difference between say a castle and Cheyenne, I'd want to know the exact rules for what would be allowed and what would be considered overlapping.

Brown Leader 05-22-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brothgar (Post 3369923)
I'd also bring in a rule that if you can't carry the item in one vehicle then it isn't allowed. This SHOULD cut down on most of the crap that was pulled last year.

I like that. That vehicle being the one you choose for your squad.

Brown Leader 05-22-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3370134)
I might be willing to play. The one area that I want clarified the most is locales. Selected in the last game were a castle, a fortress/lighthouse, Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center, Mt. Weather, and a flak tower. Literally all variations of a military fort/compound. While I can see the difference between say a castle and Cheyenne, I'd want to know the exact rules for what would be allowed and what would be considered overlapping.

I deliberately left out that each type of location can only be drafted once. Specific places can't be duplicated but other than that, it's open.
EDIT
That said, an attempt should be made to make your base distinct, otherwise it'll be pretty boring.

Brodeur 05-22-2013 08:49 PM

Fine since you asked me nicely, I will do it.

diabsoule 05-22-2013 09:10 PM

I'll do it if you need more peeps

Brown Leader 05-22-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 3370478)
I'll do it if you need more peeps

Thanks and now your up!

Diabs on the clock. He can pick anytime between now and tomorrow. Clock is regularly 4pm - 2am EST 30 min clock. I'll remind when I can. Anyone still interested in joining, post here before the 2nd round and I'll add. Still need 1-2 more judges but let's roll.

phlysac 05-23-2013 12:09 AM

So, is it just like last year where pretty much every variation of firearm and/or location is allowed but only one team can have a crossbow?

;)

And it'd be sweet if we had to choose all new locations. But that's just me.

Brown Leader 05-23-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3370724)
So, is it just like last year where pretty much every variation of firearm and/or location is allowed but only one team can have a crossbow?

;)

And it'd be sweet if we had to choose all new locations. But that's just me.

I just did a quick search and it seems like there's so much more out there. I guess a solid season of Walking Dead can do that.

Trogdor 05-23-2013 09:47 AM

Bleh just saw this. If I could get in this before the end of round 1 I'm in :D

Brown Leader 05-23-2013 12:20 PM

****** I was about to pick Johnny Depp's island.