Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Von Miller suspended 4 games (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57027)

Kyle472 07-22-2013 09:04 PM

Von Miller suspended 4 games

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...pension-by-nfl

niel89 07-22-2013 09:23 PM

I'm semi shocked by this. He just doesn't seem like they type to get popped for this. On one hand I hate seeing top players miss time, on the other hand the Ravens play them week 1 and I'd much rather face Ayers only.

fenikz 07-22-2013 09:32 PM

probably adderall

BallerT1215 07-22-2013 09:40 PM

Amphetamines and weed.....

What else is new.

Brent 07-22-2013 09:53 PM

So, over/under that another player fails a test before the preseason?

robert pancake gallery 07-22-2013 10:01 PM

i thought i saw that it was MDMA and marijuana, not adderall. then again, that was from a completely random comment i saw somewhere on the internet.

Brent 07-22-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery (Post 3407489)
then again, that was from a completely random comment i saw somewhere on the internet.

Sounds legit.

Brothgar 07-22-2013 10:17 PM

Well at least they still have . Elvis. Dumervillllll ... oops

YAYareaRB 07-22-2013 10:41 PM

so hes on that good kush and alcohol?

Ness 07-22-2013 10:44 PM

I didn't even know Shaun Phillips had been signed.

yo123 07-22-2013 10:48 PM

Popped a molly, suspended WOOOO.

phlysac 07-22-2013 11:01 PM

Molly, Lean, Pot

But he can football!

Brothgar 07-22-2013 11:04 PM

At least weed is legal in Colorado now so I wonder if there will be a thing that makes it like alcohol in those states.

Eazy Picks 07-22-2013 11:55 PM

weed might be legal in colorado, but is still against NFL policy. I wouldnt make a huge deal if all he got popper for was some grass, but what I heard was it was molly, which is a very pure form of MDMA - stuff that basically rots your brain. Dont know if hes guilty or not - hes maintaining innocence for now. But yes very concerning for the guy who is the face of the defense. And losing him for 4 games would hurt - they have a brutal schedule to open the year and could get off to a bad start without him. Either way I still think they win the West. Even with Miller, I have them losing a few games out the gate. But if you look at the schedule, they should win almost every game in the second half - just like they did last year after a so-so start against stiff competition. I think the big concern isnt the 4 games so much as just where Millers head is at. He is one of the great reasons for optimism in Denver, and this certainly is discouraging as far as how focused he is and what his character is.

niel89 07-23-2013 12:20 AM

If it was molly he got real unlucky. It only last up to 5 days in a piss test from what I gather.

robert pancake gallery 07-23-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eazy Picks (Post 3407564)
which is a very pure form of MDMA - stuff that basically rots your brain.

i really don't want to sound like that guy, but i thought the verdict was still out regarding the long-term negative affects of MDMA, especially that which is supposedly more "pure" (e.g. "molly" as opposed to ecstasy) and thus absent of the allegedly more dangerous potential additives (heroin, cocaine).

i'm certainly not going to argue whether or not it was stupid for him to engage in behavior that would lead to him violating the league's policy and getting suspended, but on the spectrum of things that lead me to question a person's "character", getting caught doing party drugs during the offseason is pretty frivolous. at least he wasn't out getting wasted at a bar and assaulting someone.

Brothgar 07-23-2013 02:48 AM

OK I have no idea what Molly or lean is.

yo123 07-23-2013 02:55 AM

Molly is basically ecstasy. Lean is a drink made with promethezine, sprite, and jolly ranchers.

Dr. Gonzo 07-23-2013 03:02 AM

At least get the drug terminology correct. Molly is a street term for MDMA. MDMA is not ecstacy. MDMA is the psychoactive chemical that is found in ecstasy. Ecstasy generally is MDMA mixed with something like meth or another chemical. All it took was a trip to Wikipedia to find out that according to the UK Medical Research Council says that MDMA is less harmful than marijuana, tobacco, & alcohol, as well as most prescription drugs. It also leaves the system fairly quickly from what I understand so the man got pretty damn unlucky.

Brothgar 07-23-2013 03:11 AM

3,4-methylenedioxy-N-methylamphetamine would have made more sense to me.

yo123 07-23-2013 03:12 AM

Ecstasy and MDMA are very closely related, being that MDMA is the active chemical in ecstasy. I was trying to explain it in the easiest way possible.

elway=goat 07-23-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eazy Picks (Post 3407564)
weed might be legal in colorado, but is still against NFL policy. I wouldnt make a huge deal if all he got popper for was some grass, but what I heard was it was molly, which is a very pure form of MDMA - stuff that basically rots your brain. Dont know if hes guilty or not - hes maintaining innocence for now. But yes very concerning for the guy who is the face of the defense. And losing him for 4 games would hurt - they have a brutal schedule to open the year and could get off to a bad start without him. Either way I still think they win the West. Even with Miller, I have them losing a few games out the gate. But if you look at the schedule, they should win almost every game in the second half - just like they did last year after a so-so start against stiff competition. I think the big concern isnt the 4 games so much as just where Millers head is at. He is one of the great reasons for optimism in Denver, and this certainly is discouraging as far as how focused he is and what his character is.

That is not true whatsoever, and is straight government propaganda. If your going to read into studies, read into ones that are not primarly funded by government or pharmaceutical companies with an agenda.

http://m.guardiannews.com/society/20...rain-new-study

It is also less harmful on your body, than alcohol tobacco. Yes, people have died from it, more often than not its one of 2 things:

1. Dehydration
2. They got a pill or a bag of molly that was laced with something else.

http://m.guardiannews.com/politics/2...rugsandalcohol

It releases a massive amount serotonin at once, giving you that over Joyed feeling. But no real long term effects to your brain. Its just a hard come down. Its basically an anti depressant on steroids, if you consider what it does exactly to your brain. It doesn't rot your brain, or melt your brain. That's complete bs. My aunt had a super traumatic event in the early 80's, prior to it being made illegal in the mid to late 80's, she was perscribed it by her psych doc. It is wonderful for post traumatic stress disorder. It is a great way to deal and accept with whatever event had happened in the past.

It would be great for soldiers returning from war as well. I am hoping in our lifetime it is legalized, because it is viable for mental health.

As far as the suspension, not a big deal. I don't think this breaks us one way or another. As long as he is healthy and ready to go for the playoffs, I am fine with it. Our offense on paper should be good enough to carry us through 4 games.

phlysac 07-23-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elway=goat (Post 3407632)
It releases a massive amount serotonin at once, giving you that over Joyed feeling. But no real long term effects to your brain. Its just a hard come down. Its basically an anti depressant on steroids

Contradiction.

If it "releases a massive amount of serotonin at once" and is "a hard come down" and is "basically an anti depressant on steroids"... wouldn't that mean it is likely HIGHLY addictive. EXTREMELY addictive.

If you feel better doing it than you ever did. And when you come off it you feel horrible... wouldn't that mean you're more likely to keep doing it?

And I understand it make not cause "physical" brain issues, but constantly changing the serotonin levels in your brain (both quickly and significantly) can absolutely cause long-term effects.

Denver Bronco56 07-23-2013 09:15 AM

Im not sure what to really believe or not to. Ive read that it was was a test in 2011, if this is his first offense then im not sure why he would be given the 4 game suspension, which leads me to think 1) he will get it reduced or 2) we didnt hear about the other failed tests.

But I follow him on Instagram and he is always out in Vegas partying with strippers and whatnot so It doesnt really suprise me that he would have been exposed to "party" drugs.

phlysac 07-23-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 (Post 3407647)
Im not sure what to really believe or not to. Ive read that it was was a test in 2011, if this is his first offense then im not sure why he would be given the 4 game suspension, which leads me to think 1) he will get it reduced or 2) we didnt hear about the other failed tests.

But I follow him on Instagram and he is always out in Vegas partying with strippers and whatnot so It doesnt really suprise me that he would have been exposed to "party" drugs.

As far as I know, the first positive test of a banned substance adds a players name to the registry. A suspension doesn't happen until multiple tests have been failed.