Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   NFL Fantasy Draft Team Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57070)

gpngc 07-29-2013 05:51 PM

NFL Fantasy Draft Team Thread

Dayton Triangles

Offense

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: C.J. Spiller / Frank Gore
X: Hakeem Nicks
Z: Get into the mind of a Greg Jennings
H: Steve Smith
TE: Jimmy Graham
LT: Eugene Monroe
LG: Davin Joseph
C: Stefan Wisniewski
RG: Alex Boone
RT: Andrew Whitworth
-----------------------
WR Eric Decker

Offensive Philosophy

Defense

LE: Chris Long
UT: Ndamukong Suh
NT: Brandon Mebane
RE: Mario Williams
SLB: Daryl Smith
MLB: Sean Lee
WLB: Justin Houston
RCB: Darrelle Revis
FS: Earl Thomas
SS: Eric Berry
LCB: Morris Claiborne
---------------------
DE/LB Terrell Suggs
DT/DE Darnell Dockett
NB: Tyrann Matheiu
LB: D'Qwell Jackson

Defensive Philosophy

zachsaints52 07-29-2013 07:29 PM

Virginia Sandlot

QB: Robert Griffin III
RB: Mawshawn Lynch
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Dwyane Bowe
WR: DeSean Jackson
TE: Jermaine Gresham
LT: Duane Brown
LG: Ben Grubbs
C: Chris Myers
RG: Jahri Evans
RT: Anthony Davis

DE: J.J. Watt
NT: B.J. Raji
DE: Akiem Hicks
ILB: Brian Cushing
ILB: Bobby Wagner
OLB: Clay Matthews
OLB: Tamba Hali
CB: Antonio Cromartie
CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
S: Dashon Goldson
S: Kerry Rhodes

CB: Kareem Jackson

Ravens1991 07-29-2013 08:57 PM

Baltimore Barksdales

QB-Tom Brady
RB-Arian Foster
FB-Vonta Leach
WR-Calvin Johnson
TE-Heath Miller
LT-Ryan Clady
LG-Kelechi Oselemi
C-Max Unger
RG-Dave DeCastro
RT-Joe Thomas
WR-Roddy White
bench-Wes Welker WR
bench-Malcom Floyd WR
bench-Zach Ertz TE

DE-Jared Allen
DT-Justin Smith
DT-Corey Liguit
DE-Anthony Spencer
OLB-Daryl Washington
MLB-London Fletcher
OLB-Lance Briggs
CB-Tim Jennings
FS-Ed Reed
SS-Stevie Brown
CB-Casey Heyward
bench-Asante Samuel
bench-Star Louteleli
bench-Jarvis Jones

Offensive philosophy
My offense is loaded with talent. I have the best tackle combo to go w/ an all pro center. They will give Brady all the time in the world and Foster all the holes he needs to produce. My offense is extremely versatile we can spread it out and go vertical with Bradys all time favorite safety blanket working the slot and the short and intermediate routes. I have the best WR in the game, a top 5 WR, and the best slot in the game paired with the best QB along with the best oline. I also have the second best RB who will run behind the best blocking FB. I can line up in spread one play then show up in a 2 TE set and pound the rock the next day.

Defensive philosophy
My defense is built on pressure. There will be a lot of zone coverage with my secondary. And I have great ball hawks in my secondary. My secondary has a combined 32 interceptions in the 2012 season. There will also be a lot of zone blitzes, It is perfect because I have extremely fast and athletic dline, plus spencer has 34 OLB experience making zone blitzes deadly. I have the perfect defense to run a jim Johnson like aggressive 43, judging the speed on my defense and the ball hawking skills of my secondary. I also have the best 43 WLB in the game in Briggs, and two all pro LBs. Washington can be aggressive and blitz and cover while Fletcher and Briggs will be elite in covering passes. I can also shake things up and line up in a 34 front and be just as aggressive. I can do Smith/Louteleli/Liegut on the dline with Jones/Washington/Fletcher/Spencer at LBs. I have 2 all pros in the middle. With Johnson being an elite pass rushing threat I can be just as aggressive.

mightytitan9 07-30-2013 10:24 AM

Oklahoma Avengers

QB: Ben Roethlisberger 6’5” 241
RB: Doug Martin 5’9” 215
RB: Chris Johnson 5'11" 191
FB: Marcel Reece 6’1” 255
WR: Jordy Nelson 6’3” 217
WR: Andre Johnson 6’3” 229
WR: Randall Cobb 5’10” 192
TE: Fred Davis 6’4” 247
TE: Jason Witten 6’6” 261
LT: Jason Peters 6’4” 340
LG: Logan Mankins 6’4” 310
C: Nick Mangold 6’4” 307
RG: Branden Albert 6’5” 316
RT: Nate Solder 6’8” 320

LEO: Robert Quinn 6’4” 264
3-tech: Geno Atkins 6’1” 303
NT: Paul Soliai 6’4” 340 -
DE: Muhammed Wilkerson 6’4” 315
5-tech: Antonio Smith 6'4" 289
SLB: Brian Orakpo 6’4” 257 -
MLB: Donald Butler 6’1” 242
WLB: Lawrence Timmons 6’1” 234
CB: Richard Sherman 6’3” 195
FS: Eric Weddle 5’11” 200
SS: Reshad Jones 6’1” 215
CB: Brandon Browner 6’4” 221
NB: Brent Grimes 5'10" 190
NS: Troy Polamalu 5'10" 207

Offensive Philosophy: Our offensive philosophy will have concepts from the west coast offense (what offense today doesn’t) but will also feed on a vertical passing game as well. Our running game will feature a power scheme similar to the Buccaneers and 49ers, we will run many inside zone blocking concepts as in many run plays, but will occasionally employ the stretch/zone. We can grind the ball but also hit the home run. We will run many different personnel sets just as every other team in the NFL does today. Jason Witten will work the middle of the field most commonly, and will be prevalent in both our running and passing game. Marcel Reece will be our swiss army-knife, lining up at FB, H-Back, and even motioning to WR to create mismatches. We like our WRs ability to make plays after the catch, as well as stretch the field vertically. Unlike some teams in the league we are built to run the ball as well as throw. We feel run defense will be a weak point among most in the league and look to exploit that. No team in the league has the personnel to take away every one of our offensive weapons. Some teams only have 4 or 5 DBs, some have small DBs, some have slow DBs, we feel all these are things we can exploit.
Our offensive line should be one of the better ones in the league. Jason Peters is one of the best LTs in the game as are Mankins and Mangold at their respective positions. Branden Albert returns to the guard position where he excelled in college and brings offensive tackle pass blocking ability on top of his ability to push the pile, pull and get to the 2nd level. Nate Solder has played RT at a high level, and we feel this is a more natural position for him.

Defensive Philosophy: Our defensive philosophy steals many of the ideas of the Seattle Seahawks press zone defense. All of the starting DBs (minus Jones) come from a press zone scheme, Jones came from a press man. The Seahawks held opponents QBs to the 3rd worst passer rating in the NFL last season, so it’s clear the pass rush and secondary are doing their jobs. We drafted the Seahawks two starting CBs to play the press zone coverage. We feel we upgraded the safeties, Eric Weddle is easily the best safety in football right now while Reshad Jones is arguably currently the best SS in football and is a huge upgrade to Kam Chancellor in coverage. We will run more 2 safety deep than one centerfielder. In the slot will be Brent Grimes who should negate any speed slot receivers the opponents have. Troy Polamalu will primarily be playing a nickel safety/nickel linebacker position for us. Robert Quinn will play the LEO position for us, at 6’4” 264 his length and athleticism are perfect for this role. Geno Atkins-easily the best 43 DT in football-will play our 3-technique. Paul Soliai will play NT for us, and should clog up the middle solidifying us against the run. Muhammed Wilkerson will play the 5-tech/4-tech for us where he can clog up the run as well as offer some pass rush. At SLB we’ll have Brian Orakpo, who can drop into coverage, jam tight ends at the line or come off to rush the passer. Donald Butler will man the middle of our defense, he has great sideline to sideline range. Lawrence Timmons will be our WLB, he’s excellent in pass defense and can blitz the passer if needed. He also possesses excellent speed.
In addition, we will shift into the 3-4 from time to time, most notably on 3rd down where we’ll have our 5-techs as Wilkerson and Atkins/Smith, our NT as Soliai, our OLBs as Quinn and Orakpo and ILBs as Butler and Timmons. In certain situations we’ll be playing our D-Line, with Timmons at LB, Polamalu playng a LB/S hybrid, our starting DBs plus Grimes at NB. This is strictly a defense we’ll play in passing situations. We feel we have the size to eliminate the run game and to take away the large WRs that other teams have. We also have physical players all over so nothing will come easily.

OSUGiants17 07-30-2013 10:57 AM

Offense

QB
Eli Manning
FB Rhett Ellison
RB Adrian Peterson l Stevan Ridley
WR Brandon Marshall
TE Kyle Rudolph l Coby Fleener
RT David Stewart
RG Chris Chester
C Alex Mack
LG Josh Sitton
LT Russell Okung
WR Mike Wallace
Slot WR Danny Amendola

Defense

LE
Jason Pierre-Paul
UT Henry Melton l Jurrell Casey
NT Marcell Dareus
RE Chandler Jones l Lamarr Houston
SAM KJ Wright
MIKE Vontaze Burfict
WILL Sean Weatherspoon
CB Joe Haden
FS Devin McCourty
SS Chris Clemons
CB Brandon Flowers
NCB Bradley Fletcher

Defensive Philosophy
Giants defense circa 2007 under Steve Spagnuolo

Brown Leader 07-30-2013 12:00 PM

Offense

QB Cam Newton
RB Matt Forte
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Torrey Smith
TE Vernon Davis
TE Rob Gronkowski
LT Cordy Glenn
LG Mike Iupati
C Maurkice Pouncey
RG Marshal Yanda
RT Mitchell Schwartz

Offensive Philosophy:

Quote:

Coach:
Rob Chudzinski

Scheme:
Vertical/Power

Strengths:
Interior Oline. Best LG, OC, & RG in the game right now.
Best deep threat WR.
HOF #1 WR
Elite yac WRs in Garcon & Austin
Homerun hitting RBs.
Running QB, who also led league in yds per completion last season.

Defense

DT Haloti Ngata
NT Vince Wilfork
DE Calais Campbell
ROLB/DE DeMarcus Ware
ILB Derrick Johnson
ILB/OLB Akeem Ayers
LOLB/DE Julius Peppers
RCB: Aqib Talib
FS Laron Landry
SS Charles Woodson
LCB: Keenan Lewis

Defensive Philosophy:

Quote:

Coach:
Ray Horton

Scheme:
34 base hybrid 43

Strengths:
Dirtiest defensive front 7 ever assembled.
Freeman steps in at OLB and Campbell becomes depth DE when we shift to the 43.
K.Lewis (2)and McCourty (3?) among league leaders in passes defensed behind Sherman last season.

SunTzu_22 07-30-2013 01:08 PM

Big Tebowski and his Little Urban Underachievers

Offense

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: Steven Jackson
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Antonio Brown
TE: Dwayne Allen
LT: Michael Roos
LG: Evan Mathis
C: John Sullivan
RG: Jonathan Cooper
RT: Andre Smith

Backups:
WR: TY Hilton
RB: Reggie Bush
TE: Matellus Bennett.

Offensive Philosophy:
Offensive philosophy:

This offense is centered around the passing game, which we seek to utilize early and often.
A lot of Andrew Lucks struggles in his rookie year (sacks, hits, turnovers) was caused by the lackluster talent on the Colts o-line, as well as Bruce Ariansī desire to make him take an enormous amount of deep drop backs and long passing attempts. This wont be an issue with this offense.
The quality of the o-line (more on that later) will give Luck a chance to do what he does best; Spread the ball around to his entire arsenal of weapons with great accuracy, timing and ball placement. Even though he should get great protection from his o-line, Lucks underrated athleticism, combined with his already excellent pocket awareness and ability to feel and evade the pass rush, should give us plenty of opportunities to test opposing defenses with deep throws, seeing that all 4 of our wideouts have the ability to stretch the field vertically.
Long story short, we have a ton of options in creating a diverse and creative gameplan for our passing attack.

I caught a bit of flak for selecting Luck in the 3rd round, and in hindsight I couldve waited, but I truly believe the kid has special talents. Mark my words, after this season, he will be considered a top 5-6 QB in the NFL by many.

The 4 wideouts compliment each other very well. Put simply the general principle is ”Big on the outside, quick on the inside”. Dez Bryant is a bonafide playmaker with the ball in his hands, and I am convinced he has put his maturity issues behind him, and is ready to solidify himself as a top 3 WR in the league. His improved route running and focus catching the ball will be key, as we will try and get the ball in his hands early and often. From hitches and screens, to comebacks and 9 routes, Dez can do it all. His size combined with the ability to attack the ball in the air, should give him the chance to dominate lesser build opposing CBs in many situations.
Speaking of physically dominating CBs, few wide outs does a better job at that than our #2, Vincent Jackson. At 6ī5 – 230 V-Jax is a nightmare to defend on deep balls and in the red zone. His enormous catch radius and ability to shield of defenders makes up for his somewhat average skills as a route runner, and gives Luck a target deep, even when coverage is tight.

Antonio Browns will primarily see snaps in the slot, in my 3 WR set. His quick feet, change of direction skills, and crisp routes should give him plenty of opportunities to find holes in coverage working the short and intermediate routes. He also showcases good speed, and the ability to make opposing defendes miss, which can turn short catches into big gains. He is also a dangerous returner.

TY Hilton will see snaps from the slot as well as on the outside, and is able to line up in the slot as well as outside. Still a work in progress, but no matter where he lines up Hilton will help keeping defenses honest due to his blazing speed and big play ability.

At tight end Dwayne Allen might not be a household name yet, but he has the potential to be one of the most versatile, well rounded TE s in the league. He is and excellent blocker, runs very good routes, and catches the ball very well. In this offense he will be utilized as the main target on the short and intermediate routes in the middle of the field. He will work well as a safety valve for Luck, and should be a great addition in my run blocking scheme.
For more on Allen, this article goes into great detail explaining why he might be the a future star at the position: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...top-tight-ends
His backup Martellus Bennett was primarily selected for his ability as a blocker, but could prove to be usefull in short yardage situation as well as in the redzone.

Steven Jackson as my #1 RB is as solid as they come. While he is no longer a spring chicken, S-Jax should have plenty of gas left in the tank. He might not be able to break big runs on the outside, but with his physique and agressive running style, he will be more than able to churn out chunks of yards on the inside. Furthermore he has throughout the years proven to be a very good pass blocker, and and excellent reciever coming out of the backfield. So even though he is not a sexy pick, he is a great fit for my offensive scheme.
Reggie Bush is the back up, and a great compliment to Jackson. He has the ability to run on the outside, and should see a lot of snaps as a reciever coming out of the backfield, and even has the ability to line up out wide.

The o-line is the pride and joy of my offense. My main focus was to build a line that excelled in pass pro, and I feel I have accomplished that in every single position.
Though overlooked and underrated by many, Michael Roos have been a great LT in Tennessee for the last 5 years. No matter if his QB is named Young, Hasselbeck or Locker, Roos has been able to hold his own against the opposing teams pass rushers time and time again, as evidenced by his 3 all pro selections, as well as rave reviews from sites such as PFF. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-lines/3/
He is a mountain of a man, who despite his size plays with great leverage and very nimble feet.

Despite all the injuries and turmoil on the Eagles o-line last year, Evan Mathis is a flat out stud at LG. Im not gonna waste your time, trying to describe Mathis, just read what the people over at PFF had to say when put Mathis as the #6 player on the top 101 players list: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...the-full-list/

John Sullivan is one of the leagues best centers, a great run blocker, and better in pass pro than most people give him credit for. The #1 ranked center at PFF, and once again their review of him is better than I can write myself: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...2012-30-to-21/

Dont have much to say about Jonathan Cooper at RG, since he is a rookie. But if you have to have a rookie in your starting lineup for a dream team, a guy picked with the 7th pick in the draft, who got rave reviews for his great technique and versatility leading up to the draft isnīt a bad way to go imo.

Andre Smith at RT rounds out the group. Even though he has been at the recieving end of many punchlines about his shirtless 40 yd dash a couple of years ago, the fact remains that the Big Boy from Bama had a great year last season, and finally lived up to his imense potential. He is a beast in the run game, and my best player in that trait, but he has also grown to become a very good pass blocker. Even though I dont consider PFF the gospel that some people do, it is worth mentioning, that Smith was their highest rated RT last year, and thereby becoming the 3rd such player I have on my o-line, alongside Evan Mathis and John Sullivan.
Overall an extremely strong group, that should be able to dominate nearly everyone in the trenches.

Defense

DE: Cameron Wake
DT: Michael Brockers
DT: Linval Joseph
DE: Greg Hardy

OLB: Zach Brown
ILB: James Laurinaitis
OLB: Bruce Carter

CB: Courtland Finnegan
FS: Jairus Byrd
SS: William Moore
CB: Johnathan Joseph

Backups:
DE: Arthur Jones
OLB: Ryan Kerrigan
CB: Stephon Gilmore

Defensive Philosophy

The Dynasty 07-30-2013 03:21 PM

Offensive Philosophy:

Our offensive philosophy will be based off the New Orleans Saints pass heavy offense. Led by All-Pro quarterback Drew Brees, the most accurate quarterback in the league and holds the record for most consecutive games with a TD.

At running back we have one of the top 5 running backs in the league with Ray Rice. Not only can he run the ball but he is one of the top receiving backs too which works very well with the type of offense we are going to run. Behind Rice to compliment him we got Alfred Morris a nice power back for third down plays.

With the wide outs we are comprised of a home-run hitter in Demaryius Thomas, who is coming off his best season in the NFL and really maturing into a top threat who would be perfect in an offense with Brees. Then our next two receivers are known for their possession and hands. James Jones and Anquan Boldin will be playing the 2 and slot. Then our 4th receiver will be Lance Moore a player who has played with Brees for years and has been a favorite of his in the past years.

As for Tight Ends we have the best tight end in NFL history with Tony Gonzalez, Do I need to say more? Even at the age of 36 years old, he recorded 980 yards with 8 touchdowns. Then to learn from him and be on the other side we have Tyler Eifert, the top tight end in the 2013 NFL Draft from Notre Dame. He is a pure receiver who spread the defense for Brees.

Finally with the offensive lines we built this line to be very good in pass protection but also average to above average in the run blocking. We have one of the best RT in the league in Sebastian Vollmer and on the left side we have a top 5 pick in Trent Williams who really has come into his own the past couple seasons and protecting RG3 this past season. Both of them are great pass blockers but also very good in run blocking as well. As for our guards we have an up and comer Zane Beadles who has become very succesful in Denver's zone blocking scheme and blocking for Peyton Manning. Our RG is Chris Snee a two time Superbowl winner with the New York Giants and has been a mainstay in their line for the past eight years. In the middle we have Jonathan Goodwin, a player many have said isn't a top 10 center but I disagree since in 2012 he didn't allow a single sack and also help lead a block for the 4th ranked squad in the league. Also he is a former center with the Saints so he knows the system and also he is familiar with Drew Brees reaching under his butt.

Defensive Philosophy:

Our defensive philosophy is being based off the up and coming 4-3 hybrid defense that is currently being used in New England. The hybrid defense will consist of both 4-3 and 3-4 formations.

Starting with the Defensive Line, we have re-built the Williams' Wall that was in Minnesota during the mid 2000's with Kevin and Kyle Williams, two of the most balanced defensive tackles in the NFL. On the outside of the line we have two great pure pass-rushers in the NFL. Charles Johnson, who recorded 12.5 sacks last year is going to be on the left side and asked to get to the QB. Same goes for Michael Johnson, a scrutinized player coming out of Georgia Tech, has become an elite pass rusher and can even defend in the run. Coming off his best season in 2012, where he registered 11.5 sacks and 52 tackles. On the bench we have Jason Hatcher who can play in both 4-3 and 3-4 as proven by the years in Dallas. He will be used mainly in our 3-4 packages as defensive end to pressure the QB.

In the middle of the defensive we have tackling machines. Patrick Willis, arguably the best middle linebacker in the NFL. Willis averages 135 tackles in his first seven years in the NFL. Patrick Willis will be a huge key to the run defense with the Williams' wall but he is also an above average in coverage especially on the tight ends. As for the outside linebackers we have Jerod Mayo, originally a middle linebacker, has the instincts like a MLB but really came out of his shell when playing on the weak side for the Patriots this past year. Dont'a Hightower is a college standout player with Alabama and he then transferred his skills to New England to play the strong side. He filled right into that hole and racked up 60 tackles with 4 sacks. On the bench we have Paul Kruger who is a newly paid man coming off his Superbowl run with the Ravens who used him mainly as a 3-4 pass rusher. He will be used in packages when the squad is going to 3-4 formations.

Our last line of defense is complied of veterans known for their play. Starting with the corners of Champ Bailey and Charles "Peanut" Tillman. Both of them known for the havoc they can cause to opponents in the turnover department. With our Corners we are going to play more of a cover rather than a press but we have complete trust in our veteran CB's to read the offense and play both if needed. With our safeties we got one of the hardest hitting strong safeties in the game. T.J. Ward is one of the better run defenders in the safety position. Ryan Clark is another physical safety that can be paired up with T.J. Ward and become one of the hardest hitting tandems in the game. In 2012, Ryan Clark held opposing QB's a rating of 48.5 while only allowing 19 catches that came his way. He may not be a ball hawk, but he will get nasty and that's what I want for a mentality on our defense. Speaking of nasty and last but not least we got Adam "Pacman" Jones to play our nickel corner. One of the best nickel corners in the game right now. He is an above average cover corner and can tackle in space.

prock 07-31-2013 09:55 PM

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Jamal Charles
WR: Marques Colston
WR: Victor Cruz
LT: Matt Kalil
C: Mike Pouncey
DT: Gerald McCoy
DE: Aldon Smith
OLB: Chad Greenway
MLB: Luke Keuchly
CB: Patrick Peterson
S: George Wilson

holt_bruce81 08-04-2013 10:38 PM

St. Louis

Offense

QB - Colin Kaepernick
RB - Lesean McCoy
WR - AJ Green
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Tavon Austin
TE - Antonio Gates
LT - Joe Staley
LG - Carl Nicks
C
RG - Chance Warmack
RT - Jake Long

Bench: Cecil Shorts, Darren Sproles, Jared Cook

Offensive Philosophy

Defense

DE - Elvis Dumervil
NT - Nick Fairley
DT - Fletcher Cox
DE - Justin Tuck
OLB - Lavonte David
MLB - NaVorro Bowman
OLB - Von Miller
RCB - Lardarius Webb
FS - Harrison Smith
SS - Kam Chancellor
LCB - Leon Hall

bench: Chris Harris, Jabaal Sheard

Defensive Philosophy

mightytitan9 01-13-2014 04:04 PM

It's such a shame this thing never got graded

gpngc 01-13-2014 04:14 PM

I had Peyton.

Ravens1991 01-13-2014 04:25 PM

is the forum mock over if it is lets get another one going

mightytitan9 01-14-2014 01:56 PM

I think so

freebirdsrams02 01-15-2014 02:44 PM

If you get another draft going let me know would love to get in it.