Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who Wants to See Johnny Manziel Fail? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57199)

Ozzy 08-14-2013 09:53 AM

Who Wants to See Johnny Manziel Fail?

Yay or Nay?

Johnny Manziel

And if anyone has any questions about the directions....

Individually I would say Yay, I do kind of want to see him fail this season and in his career. The guy is a total goof, who wants a quarterback like that?

His track record this season is a laughing stock. He is getting kicked out of parties, Manning QB camp, made that tweet about A&M, now the signing stuff and getting paid thing. If he does indeed play this season, talk about great TV, especially if he does poorly.

As a prospect, he has some good abilities but in the NFL I am not so sure they will fly. Quarterbacks with his persona do not do so well at the next level more often than not. And clearly his leadership is in major question. It is great to have fun but the way he has fun is a little loud and obnoxious. That could destroy him at the next level if he does not mature.

jrdrylie 08-14-2013 10:06 AM

I don't have a personal connection to him so I don't WANT him to fail or succeed. However, he seems like a major douche and I have already predicted a major sophomore slump and a busted NFL career so for the sake of being right I'll say yay.

K Train 08-14-2013 10:30 AM

I dont think he can be a good NFL QB but i dont want him to fail.

Honestly it was an awesome joke around my house saying "hey man, if Johnny Football can win the heisman as a freshman then you can definitely (insert something dumb, reckless, or impossible here)"

Trogdor 08-14-2013 10:52 AM

I don't wish failure on him but if he doesn't stop acting like a pompous douche with a complete disregard for his future then he deserves to fail. Since I don't buy a sudden revelation on his part I'll say yay.

Don Vito 08-14-2013 11:17 AM

I understand why people are concerned, but I still don't get why people want him to fail. The things that Manziel has done or has been accused of doing don't hold a candle to what is going on at Vanderbilt (!), LSU, Aaron Hernandez, etc etc etc. Yeah maybe the kid needs some help with his decision making/maturity, but his wrongdoings are nothing compared to what is going on all across collegiate and professional athletics. Opening day can't get here soon enough.

Borat 08-14-2013 11:20 AM

I don't want him to fail, but I do want you to fix the title of the thread.

Ozzy 08-14-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Trogdor I don't wish failure on him but if he doesn't stop acting like a pompous douche with a complete disregard for his future then he deserves to fail. Since I don't buy a sudden revelation on his part I'll say yay.
Pompous douche is a good term for it, sometimes you see it when a guy goes to the NFL and becomes famous, they show they cannot handle it. This kid is already showing that in college and really cannot seem to handle it. He says he does not want that attention with the twitter comment, but by the way he acts he does.

Tim Tebow won the Heisman as a sophomore, basically the age of Manziel, sure Johnny was a freshman but was a redshirt freshman. Tebow did not have anything close to the issues dealing with the fame. Sad to say because I think Tebow is a joke of a quarterback, but if you took Tebow's leadership and character and gave it to Manziel, then you might actually have something as a prospect.

Some NFL teams will not touch Tebow because of the circus that follows him, the same can and will be said possible about Manziel. Manziel clearly has a better more natural throwing arm than Tebow but lacks in character more than anyone I can remember in recent memory.

Attyla the Hawk 08-14-2013 11:30 AM

I don't wish him failure.

But I'd be severely put out if Seattle were to waste a draft pick on him.

MassNole 08-14-2013 12:29 PM

I don't necessarily want to see him fail but I don't want to see him succeed either.

niel89 08-14-2013 02:19 PM

I'm 85% sure he wont be a NFL QB anyways, but I'm enjoying his flameout. Every negative thing around him has been his own doing. He is acting like a dick so I don't feel bad at all.

Babylon 08-14-2013 02:54 PM

Moral of the story,beat up women, do drugs and steal things and you'll fare better in the polls.

Caulibflower 08-14-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3425031)
Moral of the story,beat up women, do drugs and steal things and you'll fare better in the polls.

I posted something and then thought I should redact it because my troll is coming out.

Babylon 08-14-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3425130)
I posted something and then thought I should redact it because my troll is coming out.

Troll away. This thread isn't worth a damn anyway.

D-Unit 08-14-2013 07:58 PM

Neither yay or nay. Don't care. I was pulling for him, but the more I learn about him the more douchery he seems to be.

Ozzy 08-14-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Babylon
No one is saying that, and who are all of these players that do those things?

I do not know a ton about Manziel's background, but it sounds like he came from a very rich upbringing and was kind of spoiled. Hell his parents bought a $400,000 home to be closer to their son at A&M. He grew up a spolied brat most likely.

Where other athletes in many cases had no father, and barely knew where they were getting their next meal from in some cases. Not saying that is an excuse for behavior but the parental background for Manziel was far more economically stable than a lot of athletes have.

Result though Manziel is acting like a spoiled brat, simple as that, because he is one. Did not break the law in terms of killing anyone or stealing but sure did some flat out idiotic things and did break some NCAA rules.

Have him as your QB in the NFL though, good luck...

underscore 08-15-2013 05:15 AM

I want to see him get his act together and be a man and not just a star-studded immature kid.

PoopSandwich 08-15-2013 10:37 AM

Anyone dumb enough to think they can act like asshats off the field and "just be a normal college kid" when they are under the national spotlight deserves to fail.

He doesn't even try to be subtle.

Kyle472 08-15-2013 10:46 AM

So many stupid people on here that watch to much TMZ and do you have any proof that he accepted money? Also a lot of wannabe scouts who have no idea what they are talking about.

Ozzy 08-15-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Kyle472 So many stupid people on here that watch to much TMZ and do you have any proof that he accepted money? Also a lot of wannabe scouts who have no idea what they are talking about.
The only way one would know Manziel talked about on "TMZ" would be if you watch TMZ which apparently you do. And did you call in to Colin Cowherd last week? I swear someone pulled out the TMZ card already....?

Kind of looks like Joe Namath on this one, or Brett Favre, so fearless and aggressive, Hall of Famer all the way huh?

As for the wannbe scouts, we are all head-to-toe legitimate :yipi:

YAYareaRB 08-15-2013 06:56 PM

I dont wanna see him fail because: 1) He's a really good player and 2) I think NCAA rules are stupid. I have no problems with the guy and cant really draw a conclusion on his personality.

SolidGold 08-15-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YAYareaRB (Post 3425839)
I dont wanna see him fail because: 1) He's a really good player and 2) I think NCAA rules are stupid. I have no problems with the guy and cant really draw a conclusion on his personality.

Well said.

Cigaro 08-15-2013 09:27 PM

I'm hoping he does well simply because I think people are evaluating him idiotically. It's fair to say you don't think he has an NFL skill set or something along those lines, but it strikes me that a lot of people who are saying he'll suffer a sophomore slump are doing so because of how his off-season has gone, not because of anything on the field.

My main guess as to why so many are using his off-season as a barometer for his on the field success this year is because they were unaware of Manziel last year, and associate his antics with his new found fame. The truth is, Manziel was a hard drinking, hard partying player long before he found success. After all, his sole arrest came just under two months before his first ever start. The only thing that's really changed is the attention surrounding him, not his actions. If being an idiot off the field didn't affect him before, I'm not going to assume it suddenly will now.

smittyjs 08-15-2013 10:49 PM

He seems like a douche so I already know failure is ahead of him

Abaddon 08-17-2013 09:14 PM

Whole lotta Rudy Cools in here. Shameful.

Manziel is a dumb kid, but he's still a kid.

Someone on another board likened him to Ken Stabler, in that if social media had been around in Snake's day, he might never have been given a chance due to his, shall we say, Manzielian shenanigans.

But, as with Michael Vick, Kobe Bryant, and any other athlete with an inordinate amount of bad press, all he has to do to silence his critics is play well and win. It will be interesting to see how his career plays out.

BarackSays 08-17-2013 11:27 PM

Nah, if I was the first freshman in history to win the Heisman, I'd be acting like a tool too. He'll grow up when it matters.