Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   RaiderNation's Complete 2014 NFL PreSeason Mock Draft (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57255)

RaiderNation 08-26-2013 10:12 AM

RaiderNation's Complete 2014 NFL PreSeason Mock Draft

It's still very early but questions and comments are welcomed...

1 New York Jets- Jadaveon Clowney DE/OLB South Carolina*
2 Oakland Raiders- Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville*
3 Jacksonville Jaguars- Chase Hundley QB UCLA*
4 Buffalo Bills- Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
5 Carolina Panthers- Marqise Lee WR USC*
6 Philadelphia Eagles- Tahj Boyd QB Clemson
7 San Diego Chargers- Anthony Barr OLB UCLA*
8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame*
9 Tennessee Titans- Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
10 Arizona Cardinals- Adrian Hubbard DE/OLB Alabama*
11 Cleveland Browns- Sammy Watkins WR Clemson*
12 Kansas City Chiefs- Bradley Roby CB Ohio State*
13 Minnesota Vikings- Aaron Lynch DE USF*
14 Detroit Lions- Cyrus Kouandijo OT Alabama*
15 Pittsburgh Steelers- Mike Evans WR Texas A&M*
16 St. Louis Rams(f/WAS)- Hasean Clinton-Dix S Alabama*
17 St. Louis Rams- Xavier Sua'Filo OG UCLA*
18 Miami Dolphins- Louis Nix NT Notre Dame*
19 Chicago Bears- Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida*
20 New York Giants- CJ Mosely LB Alabama
21 Cincinnati Bengals- Ed Reynolds S Stanford*
22 New Orleans Saints- Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU
23 Indianapolis Colts- Antonio Richardson OT Tennessee*
24 Dallas Cowboys- Anthony Johnson DT LSU*
25 Baltimore Ravens- AJ Johnson LB Tennessee*
26 Green Bay Packers- James Hurst OT UNC
27 New England Patriots- Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington*
28 Seattle Seahawks- Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss*
29 Houston Texans- Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M*
30 San Francisco 49ers- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon*
31 Atlanta Falcons- Will Sutton DT ASU
32 Denver Broncos- Scott Crichton DE OSU

killxswitch 08-26-2013 10:18 AM

The Colts are looking at another season of bad OL play so taking Richardson sounds good to me.

coordinator0 08-26-2013 10:23 AM

I don't see the Ravens taking another ILB high in the draft. WR and LT are the most likely candidates at this point.

Matthew Jones 08-26-2013 10:30 AM

I'm not sure that New England would want another inline tight end. Obviously, they already have Gronkowski for that role, and Zach Sudfeld has been very impressive thus far in Aaron Hernandez's old role. Based on what we've seen in preseason thus far, I think defensive end may be the top need on the team by the time the 2014 draft comes around, considering Rob Ninkovich is in the final year of his contract and Jake Bequette has yet to live up to his draft status.

shylo3716 08-26-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 3432243)
It's still very early but questions and comments are welcomed...

6 Philadelphia Eagles- Tahj Boyd QB Clemson

Not knocking the pick at all, but we have bigger holes to fill after the season which would be at WR & CB. With Lee off the Board it would make a lot of sense to acquire Watkins to replace Maclin if he doesn't return. Our secondary has been weak ever since Dawkins went to Denver, we gave up on the best CB the Franchise has had in years in Samuel to keep Nnamdi & DRC, Roby is our guy if we go that route.

CJSchneider 08-26-2013 11:26 AM

LB for NO sounds good. Hey, if we keep mocking one to them, eventually they'll have to pick one, right?

Razor 08-26-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3432253)
I'm not sure that New England would want another inline tight end. Obviously, they already have Gronkowski for that role, and Zach Sudfeld has been very impressive thus far in Aaron Hernandez's old role. Based on what we've seen in preseason thus far, I think defensive end may be the top need on the team by the time the 2014 draft comes around, considering Rob Ninkovich is in the final year of his contract and Jake Bequette has yet to live up to his draft status.

Pretty much this. Here's what BB will do come draft day. Book it.

Trade Tom Brady to whoever holds first overall and two additional second rounders. Draft Clowney. Dynasty.

wwgd 08-26-2013 05:43 PM

5th pick, really? Why do you think we'll be that bad?

Trogdor 08-26-2013 05:57 PM

I can dig the pick for Dallas. I think they could go a number of directions with the pick.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Jeffcoat here given the potential need for a DE if Spencer walks.

Another position I wouldn't be surprised with would be on the offensive line. With Bernie and Livings both destined to be released this year or the next we'll have a void at guard. Leary has been a nice surprise and Arkin is improved but we'll need talent. Could potentially see them drafting one via a trade down if other options are not available. Perhaps a David Yankey. I'm not a fan at all of the OT crop after the first tier though.

Main takeaway for me though has to be if we go DT and we pass on Will Sutton I would probably cry. He is a perfect fit for a Kiffin defense and would be a natural 3-tech.

vidae 08-27-2013 09:38 AM

As it stands right now, CB isn't a need for the Chiefs.

Don Vito 08-27-2013 09:47 AM

ASJ and Gronk? Sign me up.

AntoinCD 08-27-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3432828)
ASJ and Gronk? Sign me up.

I really like ASJ as a player and if he can clean himself up off the field would be a top 10 player IMO, but for what the Pats have I would prefer Colt Lyerla to play the move TE role.

Though i don't think TE will be a major need next year, I am thinking probably DE, DT, CB and Safety in any order

Thecollegedropout 08-27-2013 11:25 AM

I don't think Jets are 1st pick bad but I dig the Clowney pick....as long as the Jets get an offensive player, TE with the round 2 pick and go WR and S in round 3.

jrdrylie 08-27-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout (Post 3432862)
I don't think Jets are 1st pick bad but I dig the Clowney pick....as long as the Jets get an offensive player, TE with the round 2 pick and go WR and S in round 3.

I agree with this. The Jets are bad but they aren't Jacksonville or Oakland bad. But I will maintain that Clowney will not be the first pick. If Bridgewater is good enough to go 2nd, he's good enough to go 1st. And if you don't have a QB, you get one.

As for the Bears pick, love it

Razor 08-27-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3432834)
I really like ASJ as a player and if he can clean himself up off the field would be a top 10 player IMO, but for what the Pats have I would prefer Colt Lyerla to play the move TE role.

Though i don't think TE will be a major need next year, I am thinking probably DE, DT, CB and Safety in any order

If we do decide to go TE next I'd prefer Jace Amaro out of Texas Tech over pretty much anyone else. That kid is a baller! He's a gamer!

Brown Leader 08-27-2013 10:02 PM

Stop sleeping on Jason Verrett. Right there with Roby imo. If Watkins can show he can stay healthy, I'm in.

Kyle472 08-28-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwgd (Post 3432533)
5th pick, really? Why do you think we'll be that bad?

Easy overrated underproducing runningbacks, a crap O-line, 1 receiver and a crap secondary, lastly a QB that can't carry the team.

K Train 08-28-2013 01:45 PM

ASJ to the steelers please.

Id be surprised if the steelers arent picking somewhere in the 20s

HEISMANHERSCHEL 08-28-2013 11:15 PM

Going out on a limb-Raiders don't take a QB. Pryor will be the man.

Not confident in this statement. But I think he just might be.

Abaddon 08-30-2013 03:10 AM

As a Raider fan, you're obligated to go a couple picks into Rd2 so you can give us 2 picks.

Son, I am disappoint.

jared3 08-31-2013 02:56 PM

Colts would welcome an solid OL. Nice pick.

Btw, I like WR Donte Moncrief from Ole miss, but he is not a first rounder. Heck, Moncrief is not eve the best WR on his team. Ole miss has a stud freshman WR.

lance uppercut 08-31-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3433552)
ASJ to the steelers please.

Id be surprised if the steelers arent picking somewhere in the 20s

in this scenario, Mosely would be the Steelers' pick, IMO.

Raiderz4Life 08-31-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL (Post 3433822)

Yeah right. The guy will not be with the Raiders for long.

Abaddon 09-01-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL (Post 3433822)

I'm not confident in this statement either.

kBuc5 09-01-2013 05:57 PM

Bucs won't take a DT. Lynch or ASJ for the Bucs. If we are picking 8 chance we might try to trade up for one of the QBs, don't think we will be picking that high though.