Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Todd Gurley is a MAN! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57286)

bigbuc 09-01-2013 08:00 PM

Todd Gurley is a MAN!

That dude last night was a beast. Big body RB's shouldn't have feet like him. Plus he showed he can take it to the house.

TitanHope 09-01-2013 08:06 PM

And he's here to pump...you up!

shylo3716 09-01-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 3436123)
That dude last night was a beast. Big body RB's shouldn't have feet like him. Plus he showed he can take it to the house.

He reminds me a lot of McGahee at the same stage.

bigbuc 09-02-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 3436131)
He reminds me a lot of McGahee at the same stage.

McGahee to me when he was at The U. Was a Adrian Peterson type of prospect. The speed that he showed before the knee injury was amazing. The way he could move was fantastic.

And the fact that he stayed in the league to run for over 8,000 yards just shows how good he was. Most RB's would have never played again after getting a knee blown out like that.

shylo3716 09-02-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 3436613)
McGahee to me when he was at The U. Was a Adrian Peterson type of prospect. The speed that he showed before the knee injury was amazing. The way he could move was fantastic.

And the fact that he stayed in the league to run for over 8,000 yards just shows how good he was. Most RB's would have never played again after getting a knee blown out like that.

Yes, McGahee at The U.

Dacitykats 09-02-2013 09:44 PM

all carolina schools should be kicking themselves because you do not let talent like him leave the state.

D-Unit 09-03-2013 08:46 PM

Made me a believer on Saturday. War Horse.

Halsey 09-03-2013 08:53 PM

I just hope he stays healthy. Big, tall RBs get hurt all too often because of taking hard shots to their legs. I'd hate it, but wouldn't be shocked to see him get hurt when some DB dives at his legs.

D-Unit 09-03-2013 09:03 PM

I just hate that he isn't eligible until 2015. He's gonna have a ton of mileage by then.

norcalgsr 09-03-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3437300)
I just hate that he isn't eligible until 2015. He's gonna have a ton of mileage by then.

No he won't. Marshall will get enough work in. And they've got freshman AJ Turman, and 2014 recruits Sony Michel and Nick Chubb to give each a breather.

Turman missed the game with a sprained knee.

FUNBUNCHER 09-04-2013 02:08 AM

He was a beast last year.

Caulibflower 09-04-2013 02:42 AM

It's really interesting how on the one hand we still mark prospects down for not being "3-down backs" but act like occupying that role in college is a detriment to their career prospects. Injuries can happen at any time, and it doesn't take a bunch of game carries. They happen in practice, they happen on catches, they happen when a player doesn't even have the ball. You know what kind of running back prospect I really like? I a guy who's gotten a bunch of carries and stays healthy and still has a ferocious burst at the end of the season and rips up the combine. Let him prove it. Running backs are a bad deal if they're injury prone anyways. If he carries a lot in college and is frequently injured, that's one thing. But a catastrophic injury is just a freak thing anyways and I just think it's kind of silly for people to hope their favorite prospects "don't get to many carries in college." For pete's sake, they're football players.

TitansCJftw 09-04-2013 03:39 AM

Is he 40 though?

BallerT1215 09-04-2013 02:40 PM

I love Gurley. He showed he was the real deal last year carrying majority of the load as a freshman, and that 75 yd run the other nite where he turned on the burners was fn impressive.

D-Unit 09-04-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3437461)
It's really interesting how on the one hand we still mark prospects down for not being "3-down backs" but act like occupying that role in college is a detriment to their career prospects. Injuries can happen at any time, and it doesn't take a bunch of game carries. They happen in practice, they happen on catches, they happen when a player doesn't even have the ball. You know what kind of running back prospect I really like? I a guy who's gotten a bunch of carries and stays healthy and still has a ferocious burst at the end of the season and rips up the combine. Let him prove it. Running backs are a bad deal if they're injury prone anyways. If he carries a lot in college and is frequently injured, that's one thing. But a catastrophic injury is just a freak thing anyways and I just think it's kind of silly for people to hope their favorite prospects "don't get to many carries in college." For pete's sake, they're football players.

That's your take, but the way I judge a RB as a 3-down back is based on their size and talent. Gurley is strong and fast with an ideal build. He's got those hams that make you cringe in fear when you see 'em comin!

The build of a RB says a lot about how I feel about them being a 3 down back. It's their talent... their ability to run, catch and block that gives me trust in them to be a 3 down back. MUCH more than "how long they played" and "what they endured". Give me a beast with fresh legs and I'll be thrilled. I really do hope that Georgia rotates their backs. It would benefit Gourley more than hurt him. I don't have a problem calling injuries "freak" but you fight the odds if you just put a RB out there and give him 20+ carries a game from his Freshman year all the way through his Junior year or longer. Sounds good that Georgia has a stable of backs to rotate, but the logic to play a guy that long and expect him to stay healthy and then proceed to have a long healthy successful NFL career is just praying for a miracle.

That rah rah "they're football players" rant doesn't work for me. I'd hate to see him go through what Marcus Lattimore went through.

Caulibflower 09-04-2013 03:32 PM

that's just caring more about the NFL than football as a sport.

D-Unit 09-04-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3437711)
that's just caring more about the NFL than football as a sport.

Nah, couldn't be further from the truth. That's just caring more about them as players and thinking about what's best for them than running them into the ground for the sake of a corrupt college sport.

Caulibflower 09-04-2013 04:49 PM

the NFL is corrupt, too.

Bengals78 09-04-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3437744)
the NFL is corrupt, too.

Yeah but in the NFL he gets paid a **** ton of money.

D-Unit 09-04-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3437744)
the NFL is corrupt, too.

Don't get me wrong. Colleges should play their best players. If he can get through 3 years starting at Georgia then more power to him. However, if Georgia can keep him fresh by rotating backs then that sounds ideal to me. I think there is such a thing as increased bodily harm relative to RB mileage.

SchizophrenicBatman 09-05-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dacitykats (Post 3436706)
all carolina schools should be kicking themselves because you do not let talent like him leave the state.

theyre kicking themselves in the same way that rutgers kicks themself when new jersey basketball players go to duke

Halsey 09-05-2013 06:17 PM

Just to be clear about a topic that's been debated a bit recently

Todd Gurley > TJ Yeldon

I have seen where some confused 2015 mocks had Yeldon as the first RB taken...

yo123 09-05-2013 06:31 PM

Might end up as my favorite RB prospect since AD....

BallerT1215 09-05-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3438346)
Just to be clear about a topic that's been debated a bit recently

Todd Gurley > TJ Yeldon

I have seen where some confused 2015 mocks had Yeldon as the first RB taken...

Yeldon is the real deal as well, but I don't think there is a question on who is superior between the two....

P-L 09-05-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo123 (Post 3438350)
Might end up as my favorite RB prospect since AD....

Totally agree. Love the way he runs.