Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto V Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57315)

The Alex 09-02-2013 09:47 PM

Grand Theft Auto V Thread

I know we have a video game thread, but a game of this magnitude deserves to stand alone. This is the game, no, this is the piece of entertainment I have been waiting for my entire life. This looks like a life-defining piece of art. Yeah, that sounds pretentious and hyperbolic as hell but it's completely true for me.

My body is ready.

jrdrylie 09-02-2013 10:16 PM

Probably won't buy it right away. GTA IV was a huge disappointment. GTA III (especially Vice City but all of them really) had such a great replay value. But GTA IV wasn't nearly as fun. I think a lot of it had to do with the map. It was too complicated and everything looked the same. I never knew where I was.

The Alex 09-02-2013 10:17 PM

I was at a party tonight and a friend was convinced GTA IV was just a test run on the current generation hardware to see what was possible. It was all prologue to GTA V's capabilities. As crazy as that sounds, I kinda see his point. This looks utterly flawless.

Splat 09-03-2013 08:23 AM

Got the special edition on pre-order.

killxswitch 09-03-2013 09:31 AM

I've bought every GTA since 3 and this will be no different. I was not disappointed with 4, though I expect/hope 5 is less serious. I'm especially interested to see how the online portion shapes up. Their plans to have it kind of split off from 5 and eventually be its own thing are very interesting.

niel89 09-03-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3436773)
Probably won't buy it right away. GTA IV was a huge disappointment. GTA III (especially Vice City but all of them really) had such a great replay value. But GTA IV wasn't nearly as fun. I think a lot of it had to do with the map. It was too complicated and everything looked the same. I never knew where I was.

Me too man. I'm probably going to wait a while til the price drops a bit. I played IV for a while before I realized I wasn't having fun really. Something about the games just wasn't nearly as fun to play as the ones before it.

nrk 09-03-2013 10:16 AM

GTA IV > III, Vice City, and San Andreas

Damix 09-03-2013 10:24 AM

I'll probably wait to get it as well. Vice City > any other GTA so far. I played that game for 100s of hours.

jrdrylie 09-03-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 3436928)
Me too man. I'm probably going to wait a while til the price drops a bit. I played IV for a while before I realized I wasn't having fun really. Something about the games just wasn't nearly as fun to play as the ones before it.

The main thing about it for me was how serious it was. In the GTA III games, I loved all the side stuff. Finding the hidden packages, side races, the dirt bike track, rampages. You could play these games without even doing the missions and have a blast. GTA IV just didn't have that aspect. I'm just pissed my PS2 broke so I can't play them anymore. I might have to buy the XBox versions and hope they work on my 360.

killxswitch 09-03-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3436938)
The main thing about it for me was how serious it was. In the GTA III games, I loved all the side stuff. Finding the hidden packages, side races, the dirt bike track, rampages. You could play these games without even doing the missions and have a blast. GTA IV just didn't have that aspect. I'm just pissed my PS2 broke so I can't play them anymore. I might have to buy the XBox versions and hope they work on my 360.

The flipside of this was San Andreas, which was way too goofy. I still enjoyed it and played it a lot, but it did not have the right balance of the two that Vice City did. Hopefully with V they get that balance right once again.

nrk 09-03-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

There are hidden packages, in the form of finding all 100 pidgeons.

There are side races, Brucie's Races.

True, it sucks they didn't have rampages. Couldn't care less about a dirt bike track.

Splat 09-03-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

If you don't mind going digital Grand Theft Auto 3($9.99),Vice City ($9.99) and San Andreas($14.99) are all on PSN.

Splat 09-04-2013 12:43 PM

GTA V online.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...ft-auto-online

Quote:

You can invite your buddies to your apartment bought with persistent in-game cash and they can hang out, sit on your couch, and take hits off of your bong.

Jvig43 09-04-2013 01:14 PM

Congratulations, Rockstar invented something way more usless than sitting on a couch watching family guy and getting high in real life- letting you do it IN game.

But seriously....why? lol

The_Dude 09-04-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3437634)

Wow. Just wow.

I wish that i could quit my job, send my family away, and just play this game non-stop.

Stupid responsibilities

ElectricEye 09-05-2013 08:03 PM

There's some strong indications out there that the entire game is now out in the wild. If you care about things being spoiled, be very careful about what you read.

killxswitch 09-06-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricEye (Post 3438454)
There's some strong indications out there that the entire game is now out in the wild. If you care about things being spoiled, be very careful about what you read.

Like legit copies sold too early or stolen? Or on torrent sites where a large majority of people won't be able to do anything with the files?

nepg 09-06-2013 08:45 PM

SA was the best. By far.

IV had too much **** interrupting me enjoying the game, so I quit playing it. Girlfriend calling during a bank robbery? WTF? I don't show up and she gets mad...? Stupid ******* ****. Sleeping Dogs does that sidequest stuff properly.

dabears10 09-06-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 3439402)
SA was the best. By far.

IV had too much **** interrupting me enjoying the game, so I quit playing it. Girlfriend calling during a bank robbery? WTF? I don't show up and she gets mad...? Stupid ******* ****. Sleeping Dogs does that sidequest stuff properly.

IV was far inferior compared to TLAD and Ballad of *** Tony.

ElectricEye 09-06-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3439395)
Like legit copies sold too early or stolen? Or on torrent sites where a large majority of people won't be able to do anything with the files?

It was circulating on certain parts of the internet yesterday that someone already had achievements for it on Xbox Live. I have no idea how legit it is or what the implications are, but yeah. There was already a pretty good sized leak with the Playstation pre-load files being mined as well.

Splat 09-09-2013 03:57 PM

I'm going to midnight release this b*tch. I can't wait.

The Alex 09-10-2013 07:37 PM

I'm setting up a crew right now for all of us.

The Alex 09-10-2013 07:45 PM

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...uerque_crystal

Join up

killxswitch 09-10-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Alex (Post 3443870)

Sounds neat. wat do?

The Alex 09-10-2013 08:21 PM

No idea, still trying to figure out the system myself. It's just a way for us all to team up and steamroll people. We get bonus XP and stuff.