Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   College Gameday Thread: Week 3 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57354)

draftguru151 09-09-2013 08:05 AM

College Gameday Thread: Week 3
 
Thursday night:
TCU vs Texas Tech (ESPN)
Troy vs Arkansas States (ESPNU)
Tulane vs La Tech (FS1)

Friday night:
Air Force vs Boise State (ESPN)

Saturday noon:
#5 Stanford vs Army (CBSS)
#7 Louisville vs Kentucky (ESPN)
Tulsa vs #14 Oklahoma (ESPN2)
#16 UCLA vs #23 Nebraska (ABC)
Bowling Green vs Indiana (ESPNU)
Virginia Tech vs ECU (FS1)

Saturday afternoon:
#1 Alabama vs #8 Texas A&M (CBS)
Tennessee vs #2 Oregon (ABC)
Nevada vs #10 Florida State (ESPN)
Georgia Tech vs Duke (ESPNU)

Saturday night:
#4 Ohio State vs Cal (FOX)
Kent State vs #8 LSU (ESPNU)
Vanderbilt vs #13 South Carolina (ESPN)
Mississippi State vs Auburn (ESPN2)
#21 Notre Dame vs Purdue (ABC)
Oregon State vs Utah (FS1)
#20 Wisconsin vs Arizona State (ESPN)

jrdrylie 09-09-2013 08:22 AM

I have a dang wedding to go to on Saturday so I'm not going to be able to watch anything. Luckily it doesn't look like there are too many exciting games outside of Bama-A&M.

iowatreat54 09-09-2013 08:28 AM

Well gentlemen, the game you've all been waiting for is finally here.

Iowa vs. Iowa St.

The battle to see who can look less like a pop warner football team, which also brought this into the world 2 years ago:


draftguru151 09-09-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3442504)
I have a dang wedding to go to on Saturday so I'm not going to be able to watch anything. Luckily it doesn't look like there are too many exciting games outside of Bama-A&M.

I'll probably only be able to watch one game all weekend so hopefully Bama/TAMU doesn't disappoint.

Don Vito 09-09-2013 09:24 AM

Ole Miss needs to take care of business in Austin, but Texas is going to be pissed off after last week. I don't expect them to roll over like they did against BYU, that was embarassing.

Bama/TAMU will be awesome. JFF FTMFW.

iowatreat54 09-09-2013 10:00 AM

Their new DC is Greg Robinson, you guys should be more than fine.

Don Vito 09-09-2013 10:02 AM

I kind of wanted Manny to stick around for this one. He was the DC at MSU when we were at our worst and they were at their best with Fletcher Cox, KJ Wright, and those guys. Would've loved for us to get the chance to beat him. Not saying it will happen, but it would've been nice to be the ones who ended his time there. Now we will probably lose.

JoeJoeBrown 09-09-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3442584)
I kind of wanted Manny to stick around for this one. He was the DC at MSU when we were at our worst and they were at their best with Fletcher Cox, KJ Wright, and those guys. Would've loved for us to get the chance to beat him. Not saying it will happen, but it would've been nice to be the ones who ended his time there. Now we will probably lose.

I understand. But Greg Robinson is possibly the worst DC I've ever seen. I was so sad to see him leave UM.

iowatreat54 09-09-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 3442719)
I understand. But Greg Robinson is possibly the worst DC I've ever seen. I was so sad to see him leave UM.

Pretty sure Tony Moeaki just ran 60 yards untouched down the seam again for another TD.

Seriously though, Robinson is really bad.

BallerT1215 09-09-2013 01:40 PM

We play during the Bama-A&M game??? Damn it...

DcmRulz 09-09-2013 10:52 PM

So Kiffin tabbed Kessler the starter.

pierce2walker 09-10-2013 12:46 AM

Big game for the Bruins. Really looking forward to this one.

Not looking forward to the 9am kickoff though.

Cigaro 09-10-2013 01:11 AM

Vanderbilt is definitely a team that can upset us if we're still hung-up over the Georgia loss. Luckily for us this is a home game, where we're usually much improved.

jayceheathman 09-10-2013 02:40 AM

So should I go to the Alabama-A&M game or go to a Texans game when they play the Seahawks or Patriots and still have quite a bit of money left over?

Jcn92 09-10-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayceheathman (Post 3443476)
So should I go to the Alabama-A&M game or go to a Texans game when they play the Seahawks or Patriots and still have quite a bit of money left over?

Bama A&M would be my choice, but I'm a college football fan before I'm an NFL fan. I've never been, but the atmosphere at College Station and inside Kyle Field for that game will easily beat out the atmosphere at Reliant. Not to mention if A&M wins it will be crazy there.

jayceheathman 09-10-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcn92 (Post 3443479)
Bama A&M would be my choice, but I'm a college football fan before I'm an NFL fan. I've never been, but the atmosphere at College Station and inside Kyle Field for that game will easily beat out the atmosphere at Reliant. Not to mention if A&M wins it will be crazy there.

It is a tough choice since the Bama-A&M game is so expensive. I have never been to Kyle Field. I finally got to go to UT's stadium for their opener and that was awesome.

MassNole 09-10-2013 06:42 AM

Jaboo ain't afraid of Nevada.

Babylon 09-10-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierce2walker (Post 3443450)
Big game for the Bruins. Really looking forward to this one.

Not looking forward to the 9am kickoff though.

Grab a Latte and a scone and it's the perfect appetizer for the Bama/TAMU game. I'm looking forward to seeing Barr and Vanderdoes on that Bruin defense.

BallerT1215 09-10-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3443568)
Grab a Latte and a scone and it's the perfect appetizer for the Bama/TAMU game. I'm looking forward to seeing Barr and Vanderdoes on that Bruin defense.

You do strike me as a scone person.

That being said, I'm also looking forward to watching Barr in this game.

Babylon 09-10-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3443631)
You do strike me as a scone person.

That being said, I'm also looking forward to watching Barr in this game.

I'm more of a red wine person but you have to have that scone once in awhile.

UCLA probably isn't going to win the Pac-12 with having to play Oregon and Stanford (and possibly one of them twice) and also having ASU and Washington on their schedule. With that i still like them to have a big year.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 09-10-2013 02:42 PM

Quote from an article on jadaveon Clowney

Quote:

Against North Carolina and Georgia, Clowney officially racked up six tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack and three hurries. He had six tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack and two hurries at the same point last year, and that was after facing Vanderbilt and East Carolina. There were no potential first-round offensive linemen like James Hurst on ECU's line last year.

pierce2walker 09-11-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3443568)
Grab a Latte and a scone and it's the perfect appetizer for the Bama/TAMU game. I'm looking forward to seeing Barr and Vanderdoes on that Bruin defense.

See this depends. If I stay in Friday night, then I agree it will be a great morning treat. However, if I go out drinking Friday night...that 9am alarm won't be great.

Regardless, I'm pumped. Games like this don't come around every year for UCLA. Should be a lot of fun...I hope.

MassNole 09-11-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pierce2walker (Post 3444061)
See this depends. If I stay in Friday night, then I agree it will be a great morning treat. However, if I go out drinking Friday night...that 9am alarm won't be great.

Regardless, I'm pumped. Games like this don't come around every year for UCLA. Should be a lot of fun...I hope.

How is Nevada?

Babylon 09-11-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DcmRulz (Post 3443288)
So Kiffin tabbed Kessler the starter.

he had two choices and they were both going to be wrong. Someone explain to me why you bring in Max Browne and have him sit behind two guys who have no future there. If they do then Browne should have gone somewhere else.

MassNole 09-11-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3444330)
he had two choices and they were both going to be wrong. Someone explain to me why you bring in Max Browne and have him sit behind two guys who have no future there. If they do then Browne should have gone somewhere else.

He'll start off with a clean slate in the spring for his new coach.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.