Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Josh Freeman Benched (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57439)

The Alex 09-25-2013 10:50 AM

Josh Freeman Benched

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/97...n-mike-glennon

It's happening, folks.

Remember when we thought this guy was gonna be legit after 2010? What the **** happened?

Raiderz4Life 09-25-2013 11:19 AM

I remember bucs fans.

"We shall be saved by FREESUS" haha

bigbluedefense 09-25-2013 11:24 AM

Apparently he has poor work ethic and enjoys the Tampa night life too much.

*shrug*

Scotty D 09-25-2013 11:29 AM

Revis wants out in t-minus 3...2...1

SolidGold 09-25-2013 11:33 AM

Gotta respect Schiano for wanting to do things his way. Freeman is not good - a mediocre QB who had more than a fair chance to become the franchise QB.

All the Bucs players complaining about Schiano need to **** - overpaid whiny millionaires.

bigbluedefense 09-25-2013 11:35 AM

I like Schiano. He took over a team of coddled spoiled lazy players and he's establishing discipline.

Any time a disciplinarian comes to a soft team there is going to be turmoil. The team is naturally going to lash out bc they're coddled and spoiled. Weed out the trash, get rid of the complainers and divas, and start to build your team from the ground up.

That's what Schiano is doing. He's a good coach. He reminds me of what Coughlin had to do in 04 with the Giants. It won't be pretty all the time but the results will eventually show.

Give Schiano time to mold this team and you'll be alright. I just hope the Bucs don't overreact and give him the time he needs to clean up the program.

Halsey 09-25-2013 11:41 AM

Schiano may be a good coach, but he's gonna have a tough time winning if he doesn't have a good starting QB.

bigbluedefense 09-25-2013 11:45 AM

Well yeah. That's why he needs to get one. And getting rid of Freeman is a good start.

Raiderz4Life 09-25-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3456129)
Schiano may be a good coach, but he's gonna have a tough time winning if he doesn't have a good starting QB.

Obviously.

Don't think he's benching Freeman because he thinks it's funny.

bsaza2358 09-25-2013 11:51 AM

Bucs will find out if Glennon is the real deal, and they'll be rid of Freeman this offseason. If Glennon sucks, they have a shot at one of the many new QB's coming out and a good draft pick. If he doesn't, they have a QB of the future on the cheap.

BallerT1215 09-25-2013 11:55 AM

I thought Glennon was awful at NC State (yes, I know what happened last year), so I don't think the situation is really going to get better in Tampa.

bigbluedefense 09-25-2013 11:58 AM

I don't anticipate it to get better either, but you had to give it a try. Josh Freeman is clearly not the future there. You're better off finding out now if Glennon has any hope, then knowing for sure in the offseason if you need to draft a qb instead of wondering if Glennon is your guy after the season is over.

Throw him in there, if he shows you something great, if he doesn't, big deal, you need a qb anyway.

SolidGold 09-25-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3456137)
I thought Glennon was awful at NC State (yes, I know what happened last year), so I don't think the situation is really going to get better in Tampa.

Glennon is streaky as hell. He has a great arm though. I expect this to be a very run heavy offense moving forward with alot of two TE sets.

ImBrotherCain 09-25-2013 12:36 PM

I really want Glennon to fall flat on his face for all the torment his brother put me through.

Raiderz4Life 09-25-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3456137)

It don't matter either way imo. If Glennon shines, awsome, if he sucks donkey dick....they're in the Teddy sweepstakes still and if not you have Mariota, Boyd, and Hundley to chose from. Hell maybe even McCarron or Manziel(both will bust imo).

CC.SD 09-25-2013 12:40 PM

Paging Brad Johnson

Bert Macklin 09-25-2013 12:51 PM

He's not a horrible QB like Ponder. He's just average.

bigbluedefense 09-25-2013 12:52 PM

He's actually played worse than Ponder this year with superior talent around him.

And he has 2 years experience over Ponder.

vidae 09-25-2013 12:58 PM

Where are all the Bucs fans who were buying Super Bowl tickets after that 2010 season at?!

ElectricEye 09-25-2013 12:59 PM

I still think he could turn into something with a change of scenery, but I wouldn't stake any assets on it. The guy has all the physical tools in the world and was on the right track a few years back. It's clearly not going to work out in Tampa at this point though. Time for both sides to move on.

Agree with BBD about Schiano. I think he's getting far more **** than he deserves. He's dealing with a team of lazy, entitled players that already got their previous coach(a guy they supposedly loved) fired. Benching Freeman for performing poorly is possibly the best move he could make, even if Glennon ends up playing far worse. There needs to be some accountability instilled in that locker room. Freeman didn't appear to have any interest in getting with the program.

Eazy Picks 09-25-2013 01:08 PM

I dont think schiano is gonna be there for the reboot project...he and freeman will both be working elsewhere next year IMO. but the talent is there for someone to turn this team around quickly.

ChiFan24 09-25-2013 02:06 PM

He's been the worst QB in the league this year. Just unbelievably bad. Any move they could have made here was a good one, though I think I might have given Orlovsky a shot while playoffs are still a possibility. See if he can manage games and, ya know, complete over 50% of this passes while the D does work.

WCH 09-25-2013 02:25 PM

It's easy to say that the Bucs are full of whiny, entitled, bitches; but I think that a lot of college coaches can't make the transition to dealing with grown men who are working for a living. Schiano is probably a prime example.

Freeman might just need a change of scenery, but he certainly is playing like crap right now.

SuperPacker 09-25-2013 02:28 PM

Don't the majority of people moan about their bosses being assholes? I don't get why footballers are held to a higher standard.

Well I get why, but it's stupid.

Babylon 09-25-2013 02:41 PM

Glennon is probably getting thrown into a tough spot. Obviously the offense has issues and if they continue to lose and are drafting early there will be a cry for drafting a QB. Personally other than Bridgewater and Bortles I'd probably hang with Glennon.