Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Alabama S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Suspended Indefinitely (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57480)

shylo3716 10-02-2013 07:48 PM

Alabama S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Suspended Indefinitely

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ion-team-rules

By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com

Alabama free safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has been suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules, according to coach Nick Saban, who did not set a timetable on the preseason All-SEC defender's absence.

"When guys get suspended, I never ever say what it's for, so I'm not going there, so don't ask me," Saban said Wednesday as his team prepares for Saturday's game against Georgia State. "It's the way I've always handled this -- every guy. They do right, they wouldn't be getting suspended. And I don't know for how long this will be, so don't ask me that either."

A talented underclassmen with excellent range and ball skills, Clinton-Dix currently is ranked No. 18 on Scouts Inc.'s Top 32 for 2014. He's second on the team with 24 tackles and two pass breakups. His primary backup entering the year, senior Nick Perry, already has been lost for the season with a shoulder injury.

Instead, the job of replacing Clinton-Dix will fall to either Landon Collins or Geno Smith. Collins, a former five-star recruit at safety, has primarily played at inside cornerback this season but has since been working at free safety. Smith, who came on strong at inside corner late last season before transitioning to safety during fall camp, has not seen the field much this year after being arrested for a DUI prior to the start of the season.

"Those are the two guys that will primarily play that position in this game," Saban said.

The Tide will not face a single ranked team in October. Alabama plays Georgia State, Kentucky, Arkansas and Tennessee followed by a bye week before No. 10 LSU travels to Tuscaloosa on Nov. 9.

Scott Wright 10-02-2013 08:37 PM

For my money Clinton-Dix is the top draft-eligible safety prospect in the country.

This probably won't be a huge issue but it certainly requires watching and some investigation.

shylo3716 10-02-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3463005)
For my money Clinton-Dix is the top draft-eligible safety prospect in the country.

This probably won't be a huge issue but it certainly requires watching and some investigation.

The way teammate Sunseri is playing so far I believe he could play himself into the top 2 Rounds. Clinton-Dix out helps him make more of a name.

Kyle472 10-03-2013 09:01 AM

He will be back by the LSU game if not before.

Babylon 10-03-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shylo3716 (Post 3463016)
The way teammate Sunseri is playing so far I believe he could play himself into the top 2 Rounds. Clinton-Dix out helps him make more of a name.

Sunsieri is really underrated to me. Pretty similar to Kenny Vacarro in pretty much every area.

Trogdor 10-03-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle472 (Post 3463195)
He will be back by the LSU game if not before.

x9000. "Indefinitely" just means "until we play a competent team".

Don Vito 10-03-2013 12:49 PM

I am a big Sunseri fan, he is legit.

CC.SD 10-03-2013 03:13 PM

Before this guy if you had asked me if there was a player whose last name waas Clinton-Dix and it wouldn't be the funniest part of his name, I'd have punched you in the face.

Scott Wright 10-03-2013 03:25 PM

Apparently the reason Clinton-Dix was suspended was because he took a loan from an assistant coach over the summer. If that's the case it shouldn't affect his draft stock much if at all.

Quote:

Deadspin Report: Alabama Assistant Loaned Money To HaHa Clinton-Dix

After yesterday's practice, Nick Saban announced that standout safety Ha'Sean "HaHa" Clinton-Dix was suspended indefinitely. No reason given, just "violation of team rules," as with many of the other nine Bama players suspended over the past eight months. Now we've got a pretty good clue: Alabama has placed an assistant strength coach on administrative leave for providing a "short-term loan" to Clinton-Dix.

That's per the Tuscaloosa News, which also reports that assistant strength and conditioning coach Corey Harris has "a connection to an associate of a sports agent." Clinton-Dix has at least three degrees of separation from the guy he's not supposed to talk to—athletes are getting smarter about this.

According to the News, Harris made a loan under $500 to Clinton-Dix sometime over the summer. Clinton-Dix was able to show bank records backing up his claim that he repaid Harris. Which is still an NCAA violation, and not merely a "violation of team rules." The only reason teams suspend good players is fear of having to forfeit wins.

This is also interesting:

A big Yahoo report dropped today, presumably to ride/torpedo the momentum of SI's flawed Oklahoma State exposť. It claims that NFL agents and… Read…

This is likely more of the same scheme revealed in a report by Yahoo last month, that implicated, among others, former Alabama tackle D.J. Fluker. Agents take care of players in fairly innocuous ways—pay their cell phone bills, offer no-interest loans, chip in for rent for family members—in the hopes of getting the inside edge on signing them when they go pro. Clinton-Dix is projected as a first-round pick in next year's draft.

http://goo.gl/u2Be4G

D-Unit 10-03-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC.SD (Post 3463462)

Before this guy if you had asked me if there was a player whose last name waas Clinton-Dix and it wouldn't be the funniest part of his name, I'd have punched you in the face.

His sister's name is Monica-sucks. lol

All joking aside, who does he compare to in the NFL?

Babylon 10-03-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3463522)
His sister's name is Monica-sucks. lol

All joking aside, who does he compare to in the NFL?

I'd say somewhere between Ed Reed and Malcolm Jenkins.

SolidGold 10-03-2013 04:49 PM

Is it safe to say the joke is on him? HA-HA

Saints-Tigers 10-03-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3463533)
I'd say somewhere between Ed Reed and Malcolm Jenkins.

That's a pretty broad spectrum, lol.

CC.SD 10-03-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers (Post 3463588)
That's a pretty broad spectrum, lol.

The third triangle point is Dennis Miller, Ha-ha is in the middle somewhere.

nobodyinparticular 10-04-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC.SD (Post 3463662)
The third triangle point is Dennis Miller, Ha-ha is in the middle somewhere.

Oh god. That man on Monday Night Football was so atrocious... So bad...