Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Schaub or Romo (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57501)

cgf (Rosebud) 10-06-2013 10:36 PM

Schaub or Romo

Who chokes better? Two big stat'd QBs of texas based teams, both have had no success in the playoffs and both are phenomenal at blowing games. Which one is more incredibly in his game-losing skills?

Or any other broken starters you wanna talk about really, **** the young gunz!!!

WMD 10-06-2013 10:38 PM

Mike McMahon ruled.

Caulibflower 10-06-2013 10:39 PM

I gotta go with Romo because he gets your hopes up higher before crushing your dreams.

Trogdor 10-06-2013 10:41 PM

If Nick Foles out-dueled my team's QB I would probably look for something else to talk about too. :)

Honest answer though Schaub doesn't give his team a chance to win so he's worse. However Romo certainly builds his team up to impossible heights before being unable to finish.

That being said the answer is still Eli Manning's face.

cgf (Rosebud) 10-06-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulibflower (Post 3466397)
I gotta go with Romo because he gets your hopes up higher before crushing your dreams.

This is my thinking, but Schaub's demise may be more brutal for Texans fans because of how long it went under the radar because the team went from awful to stacked so quickly that he didn't show his choking abilities until people already had this impression of him as a Phillip Rivers like near franchise QB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3466401)
If Nick Foles out-dueled my team's QB I would probably look for something else to talk about too. :)

Honest answer though Schaub doesn't give his team a chance to win so he's worse. However Romo certainly builds his team up to impossible heights before being unable to finish.

That being said the answer is still Eli Manning's face.

Did he? I honestly only watched until the Wilson td and the next drive before I left cause I had better stuff to do than watch the giants add another L in the race for clowney. So I have no clue what actually happened in that game.

But we already have a lot of other threads for talking about how hard the giants suck this year.

nepg 10-06-2013 10:45 PM

I'd rather be losing the whole game like Schaub tends to do when he's going bad than have my heart ripped out time and again like how Romo does it.

Brodeur 10-06-2013 10:46 PM

Romo still played great today, it's not his fault that the refs decide to full on blow the Broncos.

nepg 10-06-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgf (Post 3466407)
This is my thinking, but Schaub's demise may be more brutal for Texans fans because of how long it went under the radar because the team went from awful to stacked so quickly that he didn't show his choking abilities until people already had this impression of him as a Phillip Rivers like near franchise QB.

People have known Schaub is borderline since the dawn of time, though. It's not something people didn't see coming. It's shocking exactly how terrible it's been, but he's had terrible stretches before when he was nearly dumped in favor of all-time greats like Sage Rosenfels.

cgf (Rosebud) 10-06-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3466414)
Romo still played great today, it's not his fault that the refs decide to full on blow the Broncos.

Oh I'm not judging this off of today since I literally saw Romo attempt one pass, the romoception. But Tony's snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in spectacular ways for years.

SickwithIt1010 10-06-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3466414)

Yep, its the refs fault that he forced the pass into quadruple coverage.

cgf (Rosebud) 10-06-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 3466415)
People have known Schaub is borderline since the dawn of time, though. It's not something people didn't see coming. It's shocking exactly how terrible it's been, but he's had terrible stretches before when he was nearly dumped in favor of all-time greats like Sage Rosenfels.

True, but now it seems like it's every big game with him that he just doesn't show up, the texans used to not have big games so it wasn't so blatant when he was putting up fantasy numbers with AJ at the start. I could see a lot of common fans getting blindsided by how epic Schaub's suck has been the past few years.

Shiver 10-06-2013 10:50 PM

Romo is clearly better than Schaub. We've all known that Matt Schaub is more of a game manager QB, who puts up respectable numbers mostly due to having a strong O-Line and Andre Johnson. We saw today that Romo can duel with Peyton Manning and he has done it before. That just makes the collapse more spectacular.

Here's one for you all, if you could trade straight up who would you take: Philip Rivers or Tony Romo?

Brodeur 10-06-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3466420)

The play before they ignored a blatant horsecollar on the sack, which was why he forced the throw in the first place.

ElectricEye 10-06-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WMD (Post 3466391)
Mike McMahon ruled.

GOAT Madden 2003 fantasy draft quarterback.

cgf (Rosebud) 10-06-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver (Post 3466428)
Romo is clearly better than Schaub. We've all known that Matt Schaub is more of a game manager QB, who puts up respectable numbers mostly due to having a strong O-Line and Andre Johnson. We saw today that Romo can duel with Peyton Manning and he has done it before. That just makes the collapse more spectacular.

Here's one for you all, if you could trade straight up who would you take: Philip Rivers or Tony Romo?

Right now or from the start of their tenures? Cause I think Romo's clearly a better QB right now and has been for a couple years, while before then Rivers was better back when he got the Chargers to the playoffs and racked up some postseason wins. So from right now I pick Romo, from the start of their starting I pick Rivers

J-Mike88 10-06-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3466420)

With Demarco Murray TOTALLY UNCOVERED right in the middle 8 yards out.... Murray was pissed about being ignored there when he saw the result of the Int behind him.

Schuab sucks.
Romo doesn't.
But Romo has a patent=pending on the last second collapse. Bus Cook is fighting the patent on behalf of his client Farve though.
Romo says Farve's only applies to playoff games though. The FarvoCeption.
Farvageddon.

SickwithIt1010 10-06-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3466429)
The play before they ignored a blatant horsecollar on the sack, which was why he forced the throw in the first place.

Yep, if I'm gonna force a throw...I might as well do it into quadruple coverage. Go out with a bang right?

Brodeur 10-06-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3466441)
Yep, if I'm gonna force a throw...I might as well do it into quadruple coverage. Go out with a bang right?

It was a bad throw, but it doesn't wash away how amazing he was the rest of the game. Schaub is nowhere close to as good as Romo.

SickwithIt1010 10-06-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur (Post 3466445)
It was a bad throw, but it doesn't wash away how amazing he was the rest of the game. Schaub is nowhere close to as good as Romo.

It doesn't the guy bossed all game, but it is awesome how I can look over to my dad and say Romo is going to pull a Romo...and 99.9% of the time its gonna happen.

Shiver 10-06-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgf (Post 3466433)
Right now or from the start of their tenures? Cause I think Romo's clearly a better QB right now and has been for a couple years, while before then Rivers was better back when he got the Chargers to the playoffs and racked up some postseason wins. So from right now I pick Romo, from the start of their starting I pick Rivers

Yeah, but these past two years they gutted that team and kept Norv too long. So far this year he is back to being an elite QB and has out-played Romo. Including last week when they went into Dallas and beat them. His weapons are not as good as Romo's.

jrdrylie 10-06-2013 11:04 PM

I love how Romo blew the game. Not the defense that **** the bed all day long. Not the offensive line that gave up four sacks. Or the non-existent run game. Nope, the guy who had one of the greatest statistical games ever (while out playing the QB off to the hottest start ever) totally blew the game. And if you watch the play, the INT wasn't all that much his fault. The defender made a fantastic play and the receiver just stood there with his head up his ass. You have to go to the ball not stand there waiting.

And let's just forget the fact that Romo has the highest 4th quarter passer rating among active QBs. Or that he actually has 18 4th quarter comebacks. Nope Tony Romo is such a chocker. The perception of Tony Romo just shows how dumb the average football fan is.

cgf (Rosebud) 10-06-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver (Post 3466462)
Yeah, but these past two years they gutted that team and kept Norv too long. So far this year he is back to being an elite QB and has out-played Romo. Including last week when they went into Dallas and beat them. His weapons are not as good as Romo's.

I wanna say it's been more than just the past two years that Rivers has been "not himself". Maybe that's just my memory failing me though. But it's still too early in this season to say that he's back which is why I'd take Tony without too much hesitation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3466463)
I love how Romo blew the game. Not the defense that **** the bed all day long. Not the offensive line that gave up four sacks. Or the non-existent run game. Nope, the guy who had one of the greatest statistical games ever (while out playing the QB off to the hottest start ever) totally blew the game. And if you watch the play, the INT wasn't all that much his fault. The defender made a fantastic play and the receiver just stood there with his head up his ass. You have to go to the ball not stand there waiting.

And let's just forget the fact that Romo has the highest 4th quarter passer rating among active QBs. Or that he actually has 18 4th quarter comebacks. Nope Tony Romo is such a chocker. The perception of Tony Romo just shows how dumb the average football fan is.

This game is not where Romo's perception comes from, it's the countless other time he's Romo'd out at the end of a game. He put up huge stats, I didn't watch the game so I don't know if he played up to those stats but he probably did, Romo's a good QB until it comes time to secure the loss and then he does Romo things. That still doesn't change the fact that he forced a bad throw that ultimately handed the game to Denver right as the game was being decided.

jrdrylie 10-06-2013 11:16 PM

Countless times he has Romo'd out? Really how many times has he blown it? I bet it's less times than he has 4th quarter comebacks. But the perception that Romo blows it in big situations persists despite the facts saying the exact opposite.

Caulibflower 10-06-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3466463)
...if you watch the play, the INT wasn't all that much his fault. The defender made a fantastic play and the receiver just stood there with his head up his ass. You have to go to the ball not stand there waiting.

Romo threw it into the middle of the field to a crossing receiver who was being closely tailed and also running behind another defender who was sitting back and reading Romo. The ball got intercepted a couple of yards in front of the receiver (I forget who it was; think it was Witten). He couldn't make a play on it. It was a brain-fart kind of throw. The receiver wasn't open and Romo threw it anyways. He had DeMarco Murray uncovered right in front of him, too. There was no reason in the world to attempt that pass.

cgf (Rosebud) 10-06-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3466482)
Countless times he has Romo'd out? Really how many times has he blown it? I bet it's less times than he has 4th quarter comebacks. But the perception that Romo blows it in big situations persists despite the facts saying the exact opposite.

Considering I can come up with 6 games off the top of my drunken just against the giants where Romo's done Romo things, I'd be shocked if he didn't have at least another 12 games where he romo'd out, not even mentioning the games where Romo did Romo things but the Browns or Bills, just cause those games are coming to mind right now, out Romo'd him.