Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Adrian Peterson's 2 Year Old Son Dies (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57540)

Mr. Goosemahn 10-11-2013 04:45 PM

Adrian Peterson's 2 Year Old Son Dies

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ition/2966015/

Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Also, felt it better to have this separate thread to discuss it here instead of the football thread.

Don Vito 10-11-2013 04:51 PM

RIP, so sad.

CC.SD 10-11-2013 04:51 PM

absolutely sickening.

Bert Macklin 10-11-2013 04:56 PM

Apparently he was on life support since last night with no brain activity and the family made the decision to take him off.

vidae 10-11-2013 05:00 PM

This is just terrible. Ugh.

Ness 10-11-2013 05:04 PM

So what kind of jail time can Patterson receive?

Dr. Gonzo 10-11-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3470337)
So what kind of jail time can Patterson receive?

He deserves nothing but being put to death for beating a two year old to death. There had to be signs that this guy was a terrible person and would do something like this so the mother should be charged with criminal negligence.

BallerT1215 10-11-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo (Post 3470352)
He deserves nothing but being put to death for beating a two year old to death. There had to be signs that this guy was a terrible person and would do something like this so the mother should be charged with criminal negligence.

Posted something similar in the weekly discussion thread.

Dr. Gonzo 10-11-2013 05:27 PM

I understand that this is an emotional response by me and the death penalty isn't the way to go but anyone who beats a two year old should go to jail for a very long time. The fact that the kid died should result in him being put in the worst kind of solitary for the rest of his life.

Bengals78 10-11-2013 05:33 PM

This is terrible. I've grown with a bunch of young cousins, nieces and nephews so I dont even want to imagine how I would feel if it had happened to them let alone if I had a son...

And I want to give a big **** you to Walter Football for wasting no time to turn it into a Fantasy Football stock debate you giant turd.

vidae 10-11-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals78 (Post 3470369)
This is terrible. I've grown with a bunch of young cousins, nieces and nephews so I dont even want to imagine how I would feel if it had happened to them let alone if I had a son...

And I want to give a big **** you to Walter Football for wasting no time to turn it into a Fantasy Football stock debate you giant turd.

That guy is a giant dickhole.

BallerT1215 10-11-2013 05:41 PM

Nice job Walter....douche.

Bengals78 10-11-2013 05:44 PM

He also said anyone who is against him bringing up fantasy implications simply has "sand in their vage" (his exact words).
Last week (on his blog no one reads) he called the kid who wrote Goodell to use pink flags for Breast Cancer Awareness month a douche.

CC.SD 10-11-2013 05:47 PM

It's a little strange that Peterson said he would play this weekend if the child had been braindead already, so presumably AD already knew they'd be removing the life support. He can't play. Absolutely can not.

Dr. Gonzo 10-11-2013 05:51 PM

People deal with grief in different ways. If it was me I would not play but he knows himself better than any of us know him, playing could help with the grieving.

SuperPacker 10-11-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC.SD (Post 3470377)
It's a little strange that Peterson said he would play this weekend if the child had been braindead already, so presumably AD already knew they'd be removing the life support. He can't play. Absolutely can not.

I think he's already said he is.

Dr. Gonzo 10-11-2013 05:59 PM

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ing-3-year-old

Like what the ****? That mother needs to be charged with something.

RagingColt 10-11-2013 06:08 PM

I'm sickened to hear anyone is capable of such a horrendous act. Thoughts with the Peterson family.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 10-11-2013 06:27 PM

Not gonna lie, before I read the article, I thought you guys were talking about CORDARELLE Patterson...

Vikings4ever 10-11-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengals78 (Post 3470376)
Last week (on his blog no one reads) he called the kid who wrote Goodell to use pink flags for Breast Cancer Awareness month a douche.

The pink flags were a dumb**** idea.

There's a reason the normal flags contrast with everyone on the field.

vidae 10-11-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC.SD (Post 3470377)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo (Post 3470383)
People deal with grief in different ways. If it was me I would not play but he knows himself better than any of us know him, playing could help with the grieving.

If it were me I'd go out there and absolutely wreck everyone that tried to tackle me. Exercise / physical stuff are great outlets for frustration or sadness, in my experiences at least.

Halsey 10-11-2013 06:39 PM

I'm gonna say something that's not going to be popular, but I believe it should be said.

Where was Dad? Why was his son being cared for by a known abuser? Did Dad care enough to make sure his son was being properly cared for? Was Dad aware that Mom was the type of person who dated monsters? Dad has a responsibility to make sure his son is being properly cared for.

I know this sounds judgmental, but these questions keep running through my head and I can't help but feel that they should be asked.

Hurricanes25 10-11-2013 06:40 PM

What a sickening story.

BallerT1215 10-11-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3470405)
I'm gonna say something that's not going to be popular, but I believe it should be said.

Where was Dad? Why was his son being cared for by a known abuser? Did Dad care enough to make sure his son was being properly cared for? Was Dad aware that Mom was the type of person who dated monsters? Dad has a responsibility to make sure his son is being properly cared for.

I know this sounds judgmental, but these questions keep running through my head and I can't help but feel that they should be asked.

You are not in the wrong for asking those questions, they are just uneasy ones to ask at this time.

mqtirishfan 10-11-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3470405)

From what I understand, the kid was a mistake with another woman, and he wasn't even sure it was his until recently. It'd be hard as **** to keep tabs on the kid's mother and dating life when they live in another state, and even if he could, how would he be able to stop her? This is in absolutely no way Peterson's fault. It is the fault of the scumbag who beat the child to death, and to a lesser extent the mother who brought that monster to the child.