Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Samuel Demands Trade (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5780)

Gotitansfreak10 04-05-2007 03:35 PM

Samuel Demands Trade

they just said on nfl live asante demands a trade. same situation as lance briggs.

if the pats do trade him where do you think he will go

bigbluedefense 04-05-2007 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotitansfreak10 (Post 277195)
they just said on nfl live asante demands a trade. same situation as lance briggs.

if the pats do trade him where do you think he will go

Has to be an NFC team. Although I can see this dragging out longer than the Chicago situation.

If I were the Giants....I don't know if it would be a crazy idea of trading our 1st for Samuel. Hmm...

Dont kill me for the idea, its just a thought right now.

Moses 04-05-2007 03:42 PM

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=5709

ricky bobby 04-05-2007 03:42 PM

If either one get moved, I think it will have to be before or possibly during the draft. What if the Patriots and Bears swapped Samuel for Briggs. Bears do need some CB help and the Patriots would have the best OLB duo in the league with Briggs and Thomas.

niel89 04-05-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricky bobby (Post 277219)
If either one get moved, I think it will have to be before or possibly during the draft. What if the Patriots and Bears swapped Samuel for Briggs. Bears do need some CB help and the Patriots would have the best OLB duo in the league with Briggs and Thomas.

could they afford that though?

bigbluedefense 04-05-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricky bobby (Post 277219)

Umm...you do understand that Briggs does not fit in the 3-4, nor does Samuels fit in the Cover 2?

Its like me trading american power tools for metric system power tools, even though I own an american car, and the guy I trade with has a japanese car. It makes no sense at all.

DMWSackMachine 04-05-2007 03:52 PM

Sounds like the same situation as Deion Branch last year. The Pats don't cave to players posturing, so he will probably either sign, or be traded for fair value. I personally think he has become terribly over-rated, and that getting a 1st for him would be a huge coup for the Pats, even more than the Branch deal.

Jay 04-05-2007 03:55 PM

Whatever, if he brings us another #1 or more I am OK with it. I am sure there will be some OK June 1st cuts we can bring in, we can draft a safety early and move Eugene Wilson to corner. I'd feel much better going into the season with more proven corners, but Ellis Hobbs was OUTSTANDING last year and should continue to improve, and they can draft Revis, Ross, Hall, etc in the first too...

keylime_5 04-05-2007 04:52 PM

The only team I could see possibly trading a first rounder for Samuel in this draft is New Orleans, but that would have to be a draft day trade in the event that a trade up fails and all the top tier CBs are gone (hall, revis, houston, and ross)

fenikz 04-05-2007 04:57 PM

i dont know how much cap room the cards have left but i would like them to grab samuel if thomas isnt there at 5, posted this trade idea in the other thread

Cardinals
3rd round pick

Patriots
Asante Samuel

the cardinals could then grab Staley with the 28th pick and a wlb in the 2nd

RaiderNation 04-05-2007 04:57 PM

i think hes worth a 2nd rounder, isnt he like 26 now?

Number 10 04-05-2007 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 277207)
Has to be an NFC team. Although I can see this dragging out longer than the Chicago situation.

If I were the Giants....I don't know if it would be a crazy idea of trading our 1st for Samuel. Hmm...

Dont kill me for the idea, its just a thought right now.

I'd do it, pending a long term deal though. I stated back before he was franchised that I would sacrifice a lot for him which would likely be the 1st rd pick of course, Amani would likely have to be cut after 2007, and we'd have to give him roughly $7-$8 million per year, if not more. A shutdown CB that can play man to man would do wonders for our defense.

BigDawg819 04-05-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 277233)
Umm...you do understand that Briggs does not fit in the 3-4, nor does Samuels fit in the Cover 2?

Its like me trading american power tools for metric system power tools, even though I own an american car, and the guy I trade with has a japanese car. It makes no sense at all.

I feel your pain BBD, some poster was arguing with me in the team discussion thread about how Ravens' players would fare in a Cover 2 defense even though we don't nor want to run the Cover 2.

I still think that the Briggs to Washington trade is the most likely conclusion for Lance but as for Samuel, I don't see this trade demand holding much weight for the sheer fact that I'm sure the Patriots realize that he is an upcoming corner and is worth the long term contract. Samuel is posturing and some teams will discuss some offers with the Patriots but unless its something mind blowing I don't see them trading Asante.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH 04-05-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderNation (Post 277444)
i think hes worth a 2nd rounder, isnt he like 26 now?

I believe he is 26, yes. Still fairly young, and is a great corner.

princefielder28 04-05-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenikz (Post 277443)
i dont know how much cap room the cards have left but i would like them to grab samuel if thomas isnt there at 5, posted this trade idea in the other thread

Cardinals
3rd round pick

Patriots
Asante Samuel

the cardinals could then grab Staley with the 28th pick and a wlb in the 2nd

Thats overpaying by the Cards

OSUGiants17 04-05-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 (Post 277453)
I'd do it, pending a long term deal though. I stated back before he was franchised that I would sacrifice a lot for him which would likely be the 1st rd pick of course, Amani would likely have to be cut after 2007, and we'd have to give him roughly $7-$8 million per year, if not more. A shutdown CB that can play man to man would do wonders for our defense.

couldn't aggre more
________
WHAT IS IOLITE VAPORIZER

BlindSite 04-05-2007 06:04 PM

Samuel is 10 times the player anyone in the draft is, or IMO projects to be.

What will the pats ask for though, I mean they wanted 2 first rounders for a a guy who's not in the top10 as a receiver.

Pats with 3 first round picks... Not fun.

frogstomp 04-05-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindSite (Post 277615)
Samuel is 10 times the player anyone in the draft is, or IMO projects to be.

What will the pats ask for though, I mean they wanted 2 first rounders for a a guy who's not in the top10 as a receiver.

I'm assuming you meant 10 times the corner... because, if you didn't, you're going to look like a jackass real soon.

Achilles33 04-05-2007 06:13 PM

He is overrated.

BigDawg819 04-05-2007 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindSite (Post 277615)

Oh I'd think the Patriots' fans and front office would be having tons of fun with 3 1st round picks.

Jay 04-05-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDawg819 (Post 277661)
Oh I'd think the Patriots' fans and front office would be having tons of fun with 3 1st round picks.

Oh man, yes we would. If we walked out with Patrick Willis, Aaron Ross and Michael Griffen/Brandon Meriweather... oh my...

BigDawg819 04-05-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 277681)
Oh man, yes we would. If we walked out with Patrick Willis, Aaron Ross and Michael Griffen/Brandon Meriweather... oh my...

See there's one person who would be happy if the Pats had 3 1st round picks. Your honor I rest my case. :D

niel89 04-05-2007 07:48 PM

i think he would merit a 1st rounder. he is 26 and had a great year. of course he'll have a deal before he gets traded.

KILLERSANTA 04-05-2007 08:03 PM

a Briggs for Samuel trade? :)

Komp 04-05-2007 08:03 PM

hmmm

I think Asante is definitely worth a mid-high first round pick. He played at a pretty high level last year, it will be interesting to see where he goes and if he can continue playing at that level.

I have no idea where he would go, hopefully not to Denver lol...

PS - Would NE trade Asante for Bly [who was apparently unhappy in Denver]? Not sure which corner would be worth more, prolly Asante by a bit...