Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   ESPN risks journalistic integrity with SEC Network investment (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57870)

JoeJoeBrown 12-04-2013 11:07 AM

ESPN risks journalistic integrity with SEC Network investment

Published on a NOLA site.

JRTPlaya21 12-04-2013 11:10 AM

Your SEC obsession is quite sad. You should focus more on the Big 10 title game this weekend.

BRAVEHEART 12-04-2013 12:49 PM

I don't disagree with your opinion on the subject, but please give it a rest right now. You're posting like you just figured it out, and nobody else knows.

If tOSU takes care of business, SEC ain't jumping that. Relax bruh bruh.

SolidGold 12-04-2013 12:55 PM

ESPN has no journalistic integrity to risk

Halsey 12-04-2013 01:22 PM

All major media outlets in this country are owned by large corporations. These large corporations have agendas beyond reporting the news. Journalistic integrity from major media outlets has been in question a long time.

brat316 12-04-2013 01:26 PM

Do you really need to make a new thread every time you want to btch about the SEC?

SolidGold 12-04-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3510499)
All major media outlets in this country are owned by large corporations. These large corporations have agendas beyond reporting the news. Journalistic integrity from major media outlets has been in question a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGjOsfV3ar8

JoeJoeBrown 12-04-2013 09:50 PM

I should put all of these in a "I'm tired of constantly hearing about the infinite superiority of the ******* SEC and this is how I cope with it" thread.

sbh15 12-04-2013 09:53 PM

the only time the "superiority" of the SEC has been discussed at length on here in the past month, maybe even this season, was when you started the 'why the SEC isn't as good as you think' thread.

JoeJoeBrown 12-04-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh15 (Post 3510934)
the only time the "superiority" of the SEC has been discussed at length on here in the past month, maybe even this season, was when you started the 'why the SEC isn't as good as you think' thread.

My balls. Lick them.

And no, it's not only when me or another SEC hater brings it up. Any time the BCS is discussed or OSU is discussed, some people need to go out of their way to **** on people.

This is what 7 years of getting **** on produces. And, yes, I obviously have an issue.

sbh15 12-04-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 3510945)
My balls. Lick them.

And no, it's not only when me or another SEC hater brings it up. Any time the BCS is discussed or OSU is discussed, some people need to go out of their way to **** on people.

This is what 7 years of getting **** on produces. And, yes, I obviously have an issue.

this forum is, from everything I've read, in favor of OSU playing in the national championship - myself included. and while I understand your frustration with media outlets like ESPN, at the end of the day they're just trying to stir **** and get ratings by talking about how Auburn could make the BCS NC. people are caught up in that emotional high and they're simply exploiting it. at the end of the day a FSU/OSU national championship rests on whether or not each team wins its respective conference championship. nobody gets a vote in these polls by letting ESPN's ******** persuade them to do one thing or another

JoeJoeBrown 12-04-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh15 (Post 3510949)
this forum is, from everything I've read, in favor of OSU playing in the national championship - myself included. and while I understand your frustration with media outlets like ESPN, at the end of the day they're just trying to stir **** and get ratings by talking about how Auburn could make the BCS NC. people are caught up in that emotional high and they're simply exploiting it. at the end of the day a FSU/OSU national championship rests on whether or not each team wins its respective conference championship. nobody gets a vote in these polls by letting ESPN's ******** persuade them to do one thing or another

I appreciate you and normal (and far too sane wrt Florida) perspective.

I had backed away from sportsball fandom because of the ESPN circus for the reason you outlined. Muckrakers. But I've slipped back into irrationality as I get caught up in the OSU success. Stupid, I know.

I have been officially caught hook, line, and sinker by their trolling.

Again, I know that I am stupid. I'll stop blasting out anti-sec stuff as most SEC fans here are actually good peeps.

nepg 12-04-2013 10:14 PM

And Fox Sports gets a pass for owning the Big Ten Network?

sbh15 12-04-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 3510956)
And Fox Sports gets a pass for owning the Big Ten Network?

who the **** watches fox sports?

JRTPlaya21 12-04-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbh15 (Post 3510958)

What sbh says. FS1 is awful. I only watch it for soccer & UFC.

Trogdor 12-04-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 3510483)
ESPN has no journalistic integrity to risk

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 3510945)
My balls. Lick them.

Quote:

All of these are accurate.

nepg 12-04-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

who the **** watches espn?

JRTPlaya21 12-04-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 3510971)
who the **** watches espn?

I'd assume everyone that enjoys live sports?