Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   2013 NFL Divisional Weekend Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58113)

Ness 01-05-2014 11:01 PM

2013 NFL Divisional Weekend Discussion Thread

Saturday, January 11th

New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks 4:35 PM EST

Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots 8:15 PM EST

Sunday, January 12th

San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers 1:05 PM EST

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos 4:40 PM EST

Ness 01-05-2014 11:04 PM

Carolina is going to be a challenge. They went into our house and held their ground. This time we'll have Aldon Smith, Michael Crabtree, and Vernon Davis. Greg Roman needs to get his head out of his ass and utilize Gore better. Trust him in the redzone near the goal line and use him in the pass game. I've never heard of an offense where it's a staple NOT to use your halfback in the pass game.

I think the Patriots beat the Colts, but it won't be the blowout like it was last year in the regular season meeting. I want the Saints to win to keep the Candlestick dream alive, but I get the feeling Seattle still wins. I think the Chargers beat the Broncos.

49erNation85 01-05-2014 11:04 PM

Woot can't wait until Next weekend! Was a good game against the pack now time for next team to go down ..

Gotta be routing for the saints this week.

SuperPacker 01-05-2014 11:14 PM

I want either the Seahwawks or Panthers to win it now. Or maybe the Broncos, I want Peyton to get another ring.

Cigaro 01-05-2014 11:17 PM

I wanted either the Eagles or Packers because I expect the 49ers to beat us. Simply because I think the rematch will come down to coaching and making adjustments based off our first game, and I'll give Harbaugh that advantage until Rivera proves otherwise. That being said, if we can get Cam to have a big day whether on the ground or in the air we have a very good shot at winning.

Rob S 01-05-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3538123)
I wanted either the Eagles or Packers because expect the 49ers to beat us. Simply because I think the rematch will come down to coaching and making adjustments based off our first game, and I'll give Harbaugh that advantage until Rivera proves otherwise. That being said, if we can get Cam to have a big day whether on the ground or in the air we have a very good shot at winning.

Ron Rivera will punt 0 times, go for 2 after every TD and secure victory.

Cigaro 01-05-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob S (Post 3538124)

I'm down. (10)

Rob S 01-05-2014 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3538130)
I'm down. (10)

In all seriousness though, not a fun matchup. At all.

Babylon 01-05-2014 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob S (Post 3538124)

Ron Rivera is Brodeur. Who would have thought.

boknows34 01-06-2014 03:44 AM

The rematch.

Jomoz 01-06-2014 07:23 AM

The Seahawks and Panthers are much better than the teams they are playing this week. Barring a choke-job, I don't see these two teams being upset at home. At *most* it will be the Panthers losing a close game, but that's still pretty unlikely imho. The 49ers don't have a dynamic offense that can give that defense any problems.

NFCCG should come down to Seattle - Carolina or possibly Seattle - San Fran with Seattle advancing to the Super Bowl with ease in both cases.

bigbluedefense 01-06-2014 07:52 AM

Oh look. The Patriots will be in the AFCCG again. Just another day at the office for New England.

cmarq83 01-06-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3538206)
Oh look. The Patriots will be in the AFCCG again. Just another day at the office for New England.

It's almost comical how few difference makers there are going to be in this game for a divisional matchup. There won't be any rosterbating going on here.

bigbluedefense 01-06-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 3538327)
It's almost comical how few difference makers there are going to be in this game for a divisional matchup. There won't be any rosterbating going on here.

It's just insane how often the Patriots are in the final 4 every year. If the Pats beat Indy and the Chargers upset the Broncos which I think is entirely possible, the Pats are probably going to the SB again.

It's unreal.

cmarq83 01-06-2014 10:48 AM

The Pats won't make the SB this year. While I'm ecstatic how well they've done all things considered, the talent just isn't there. Our best players for the last month have been Logan Ryan, Legarrett Blount, and Sealver Siliga.

That team is t going to win multiple playoff games.

bigbluedefense 01-06-2014 10:49 AM

The stars are aligning for them. There's no reason why they can't beat Indy at home.

And there's no reason why they can't beat SD at home if they play them either.

njx9 01-06-2014 10:50 AM

i hate you ryan succup. this loss is your ******* fault. and the refs in that game.

enjoy another easy road to a super bowl loss, new england.

CC.SD 01-06-2014 11:04 AM

NE isn't exactly a tantalizing team, I would probably take any of the other AFC teams over them right now so quit your caterwaulin'.

Chargers/Broncos is obviously my favorite matchup of the weekend. If Mathews keeps it up and Rivers is sharp I think we have a decent chance of playing keep away with Manning again.

Love that our head coach was his OC last year, that's better than nothing. I can't realistically project our secondary holding up against the Broncos O, our D in general is just so so bad but clearly have shown that they are capable of rising to occasions so who knows. I'll prob have more thoughts later this week.

njx9 01-06-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC.SD (Post 3538375)
NE isn't exactly a tantalizing team, I would probably take any of the other AFC teams over them right now so quit your caterwaulin'.

meh. you'll beat us, then lose after the emotional high. also, there's nothing that would make me more upset than a new england/seattle super bowl. so it's basically a lock to happen.

Bert Macklin 01-06-2014 11:25 AM

New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks 4:35 PM EST

Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots 8:15 PM EST

Sunday, January 12th

San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers 1:05 PM EST

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos 4:40 PM EST

We do what they tell us we can't do, AGAIN.

I just think the Colts put it together.

If the 49'ers start slow the Panthers roll.

My heart tells me Chargers but can I really bet against Manning this year?

Jvig43 01-06-2014 11:41 AM

Honestly I really do believe Denver will win a close one with SD, and then put an absolute ass whopping on us in Denver if we don't **** up against the Colts. Youre being far too pessimistic if you don't think Denver has a very easy road into the SB.

bigbluedefense 01-06-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC.SD (Post 3538375)

Chargers/Broncos is obviously my favorite matchup of the weekend. If Mathews keeps it up and Rivers is sharp I think we have a decent chance of playing keep away with Manning again.

Love that our head coach was his OC last year, that's better than nothing. I can't realistically project our secondary holding up against the Broncos O, our D in general is just so so bad but clearly have shown that they are capable of rising to occasions so who knows. I'll prob have more thoughts later this week.

Legit question bc I honestly didn't pay much attention to him this year: Has Teo done anything to warrant his selection?

Jvig43 01-06-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3538456)
Legit question bc I honestly didn't pay much attention to him this year: Has Teo done anything to warrant his selection?

I almost asked this a few weeks ago but I also am curious about this. I'm assuming no thus far considering we even have to ask.

bigbluedefense 01-06-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 3538458)
I almost asked this a few weeks ago but I also am curious about this. I'm assuming no thus far considering we even have to ask.

I had him figured for an incredibly average player at the next level, but I just want confirmation.

CC.SD 01-06-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 3538401)
meh. you'll beat us, then lose after the emotional high. also, there's nothing that would make me more upset than a new england/seattle super bowl. so it's basically a lock to happen.

I think if the Bolts beat the Broncos they will wreck either Indy or NE but I'm not putting myself out there on step 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3538456)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3538462)
I had him figured for an incredibly average player at the next level, but I just want confirmation.

He was absolutely dreadful early on but came around for the stretch run displaying some good anticipation. He was not good yesterday, a return to his early season form, and I expect that was the first time a lot of folks had seen him so that will be the narrative: average. But over the course of the season I'd say he's done very well as both an instant starter and developmental player. Butler is better though, no question.