Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   First Round Mock (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58520)

AntoinCD 02-28-2014 07:00 AM

First Round Mock

1. Houston Texans select Blake Bortles, QB UCF
2. St Louis Rams f/Washington Redskins select Sammy Watkins, WR Clemson
3. Jacksonville Jaguars select Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville
4. Cleveland Browns select Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M
5. Minnesota Vikings f/Oakland Raiders select Jadeveon Clowney, DE South Carolina
6. Atlanta Falcons select Greg Robinson, OT Auburn
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Khalil Mack, LB Buffalo
8. Oakland Raiders select Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M
9. Pittsburgh Steelers f/Buffalo Bills select Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M
10. Detroit Lions select Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma State
11. Tennessee Titans select Anthony Barr, LB UCLA
12. New York Giants select Taylor Lewan, OT Michigan
13. Dallas Cowboys f/St Louis Rams select Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh
14. Chicago Bears select Louis Nix III, DT Notre Dame
15. Buffalo Bills select Eric Ebron, TE UNC
16. St Louis Rams select Ha’Sean Clinton-Dix, S Alabama
17. Baltimore Ravens select Ra’Shede Hageman, DT Minnesota
18. New York Jets select Calvin Pryor, S Louisville
19. Miami Dolphins select Zack Martin, OL Notre Dame
20. San Diego Chargers f/Arizona Cardinals select Darqueze Dennard, CB Michigan State
21. Cleveland Browns f/Green Bay Packers select CJ Mosley, LB Alabama
22. Philadelphia Eagles select Jason Verrett, CB TCU
23. Kansas City Chiefs select Kelvin Benjamin, WR FSU
24. Cincinnati Bengals select Kony Ealy, DE Missouri
25. Arizona Cardinals select Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE Washington
26. Green Bay Packers select Ryan Shazier, LB Ohio State
27. New Orleans Saints select Kyle Van Noy, LB BYU
28. Carolina Panthers select Morgan Moses, OT Virginia
29. New England Patriots select Odell Beckham Jr, LSU
30. San Francisco 49ers select Davante Adams, WR Fresno State
31. Denver Broncos select Bradley Roby, CB Ohio State
32. Seattle Seahawks select Jace Amaro, TE Texas Tech

Washington I would think may look WR, MarqiseLee and Donte Moncrief amongst the most likely

Thecollegedropout 02-28-2014 07:10 AM

In years past, I think Pryor would be THE pick....if Rex had a say in the matter. I just think the Jets offense is too depleted to not address round 1. I would not mind the pick though.

I think Beckham Jr, whether at 18 or in a trade down might be the pick if Ebron/Evans are off the board.

AntoinCD 02-28-2014 07:25 AM

I think all signs point to offense for the Jets but the value of WRs and TEs didn't match up. A trade down, or up, could be realistic in this scenario. Although I think the depth of the WR class may give them some flexibility

Thecollegedropout 02-28-2014 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3579000)
I think all signs point to offense for the Jets but the value of WRs and TEs didn't match up. A trade down, or up, could be realistic in this scenario. Although I think the depth of the WR class may give them some flexibility

I'd normally agree but the last offensive player we drafted in round 1 was Sanchez back in 2009. Since then it has been Kyle Wilson/Mo Wilkerson/Quinton Coples/Dee Milliner/Sheldon Richardson.

We gotta invest some high picks in the offense. I do want a safety somewhere in the 1st 3 rounds(We got 4 picks, one of em has to go to our lousy secondary) and its not awful if we take Pryor and he can be a playmaking FS for years to come but we gotta get busy in rounds 2 and 3 and get some offensive playmakers.

Don Vito 02-28-2014 07:55 AM

Beckham is a good pick for the Pats but personally I would prefer Moncrief.

AntoinCD 02-28-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3579011)
Beckham is a good pick for the Pats but personally I would prefer Moncrief.

I would probably rather Moncrief as well, however I think Belichick will love Beckham Jr's ability to return kicks and punts, especially if Edelman walks. Either way, WR or TE and I will be happy early

Witten4HOF 02-28-2014 08:28 AM

As much as us Cowboys fans love Donald, we have two many holes to fill with negative money in the cap to be moving up for anyone.

PoopSandwich 02-28-2014 08:48 AM

I'm so confused, you have the Browns making two trades and taking two quarterbacks in the first round?

TimmG6376 02-28-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3579016)
I would probably rather Moncrief as well, however I think Belichick will love Beckham Jr's ability to return kicks and punts, especially if Edelman walks. Either way, WR or TE and I will be happy early

When I read recently that there are teams rumored to be enamored with Cooks and willing to take him in the late first I figured the Pats to be one of them. Put him that Welker/Edelman role and watch out.

The_Dude 02-28-2014 09:48 AM

Interesting trade up for the Vikes & Clowney. Not sure how i really feel about that one.

Vikings4ever 02-28-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 3579106)
Interesting trade up for the Vikes & Clowney. Not sure how i really feel about that one.

I think it depends on if Everson Griffen resigns. If he does, I'd rather see a trade down than a trade up for Clowney. If he doesn't, maybe.

superfly69 02-28-2014 10:54 AM

Donald

I like Aaron Donald to Dallas but not if they have to move up to get him.

ArkyRamsFan 02-28-2014 10:59 AM

Decent Rams draft but I would just as soon as stay at No.13 and take Aaron Donald.

Of course that might depend on what Dallas gave us to trade up; but still.......

49erNation85 02-28-2014 12:29 PM

meh draft for sf.

MidwestJimmy 02-28-2014 01:31 PM

It's interesting you have the Browns pulling a Redskins double quarterback draft move (Griffin/Cousins). It would be hilarious if Houston took Derek Carr (David Carr's brother) at #33 (if they take Clowney at #1).

PoopSandwich 02-28-2014 01:51 PM

Yeah if the Browns did this heads would roll I'm sure.

wicket 02-28-2014 04:43 PM

OLB really isnt a need at this point for the saints. Odell Beckham might be the pick or the top corner on the board

nobodyinparticular 02-28-2014 04:52 PM

I don't see Jake Matthews for the Raiders. I can see the Raiders trading back in that scenario if McKenzie's spider-sense goes off on Clowney's character, but OT is not the pick after the trade back.

Raiders need playmakers, pass rushers, DBs, interior dlinemen and interior olinemen. Raiders are going to re-sign Veldheer and that makes Matthews unnecessary.

Byrd430 02-28-2014 08:07 PM

Like Aaron Donald so much that I like the trade up to get him.

With us basically buying hotels in Salary Cap Hell, we may not even be able to afford to pay our draft picks anyway.

T-RICH49 03-01-2014 01:16 AM

personally would prefer Beckham Jr to Benjamin. KC is losing McCluster more then likely so Beckham Jr would fill that WR/KR/PR role well

Iamcanadian 03-01-2014 02:05 PM

The Rams know there will be a scrap over QB's, so their pick is worth its weight in gold and they can still get Watkins/Robinson even if they trade back to 4 or 5. Cleveland, and Oakland and even Minny and Tampa will all try to secure their pick. Trades in the top 5 when QB's are in play always happen if there is a team that doesn't need one. They are going to get another fortune in extra picks similar to the RG111 trade, so why would they remain at 2.

nobodyinparticular 03-01-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3580143)
The Rams know there will be a scrap over QB's, so their pick is worth its weight in gold and they can still get Watkins/Robinson even if they trade back to 4 or 5. Cleveland, and Oakland and even Minny and Tampa will all try to secure their pick. Trades in the top 5 when QB's are in play always happen if there is a team that doesn't need one. They are going to get another fortune in extra picks similar to the RG111 trade, so why would they remain at 2.

I disagree about including Oakland here. McKenzie knows the Raiders need a lot of players and trading up to get a single player means giving up the ability to get 2+ players who could really help this team.

This team has needs all over the place and especially on the front lines. Grabbing a QB and losing multiple premium picks in the process is treading water at best and taking 2 steps back at worst.

Shupp 03-01-2014 06:25 PM

and I just threw up in my mouth

NGSeiler 03-01-2014 08:57 PM

Do the Browns plan on running a lot of two-QB sets? I feel like I'm missing something here.

CJSchneider 03-01-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3579648)
OLB really isnt a need at this point for the saints. Odell Beckham might be the pick or the top corner on the board

I would have loved this pick before we cut Greer, but now I feel we have to go CB in the first.