Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   gpngc Mock 3/25/14 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58688)

gpngc 03-25-2014 07:53 PM

gpngc Mock 3/25/14

1. Texans: Blake Bortles
2. Rams (f/WAS): Jake Matthews
3. Jaguars: Jadeveon Clowney
4. Browns: Sammy Watkins
5. Raiders: Khalil Mack
6. Falcons: Greg Robinson
7. Buccaneers: Teddy Bridgewater
8. Vikings: Johnny Manziel
9. Bills: Mike Evans
10. Lions: C.J. Mosley
11. Titans: Justin Gilbert
12. Giants: Eric Ebron
13. Rams: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
14. Bears: Jason Verrett
15. Steelers: Taylor Lewan
16. Cowboys: Kony Ealy
17. Ravens: Zack Martin
18. Jets: Brandin Cooks
19. Dolphins: Allen Robinson
20. Cardinals: Ryan Shazier
21. Packers: Calvin Pryor
22. Eagles: Ra'Shede Hageman
23. Chiefs: Odell Beckham Jr.
24. Bengals: Darqueze Dennard
25. Chargers: Bradley Roby
26. Browns: Derek Carr
27. Saints: Anthony Barr
28. Panthers: Xavier Su'a-Filo
29. Patriots: Jordan Matthews
30. 49ers: Kyle Fuller
31. Broncos: Aaron Donald
32. Seahawks: Kelvin Benjamin

33. Texans: Chris Borland
34. Redskins: Stephon Tuitt
35. Browns: Brandon Thomas
36. SF f/Raiders: Carlos Hyde
37. Falcons: Morgan Moses
38. Buccaneers: Marqise Lee
39. Jaguars: Jimmy Garappolo
40. Vikings: Timmy Jernigan
41. Bills: Jimmie Ward
42. Titans: Dee Ford
43. Giants: Scott Crichton
44. Rams: Donte Moncreif
45. Lions: Stanley Jean-Baptiste
46. Steelers: Troy Niklas
47. Cowboys: Deone Bucannon
48. Ravens: Louis Nix III
49. Jets: Tre Mason
50. Dolphins: JuWuan James
51. Bears: Caruan Reid
52. Cardinals: Austin Seferian-Jenkins
53. Packers: Jace Amaro
54. Eagles: Jerremiah Attaochu
55. Bengals: Joel Bitonio
56. OAK f/49ers (f/KC): Kareem Martin
57. Chargers: Martavis Bryant
58. Saints: Pierre Desir
59. Colts: Gabe Jackson
60. Panthers: Davante Adams
61. 49ers: Paul Richardson
62. Patriots: Kelcy Quarles
63. Broncos: Christian Kirksey
64. Seahawks: Billy Turner

Some thoughts:

1) There are almost 10 teams that need a starting safety! What are these teams going to do!?

2) Interesting to see where the 3-technique prospects Donald and Jernigan fit in with so many 3-4 teams.

3) Do the Pats need a guard? I think XFS is highly regarded but the teams picking in the 20s will probably pass.

RaiderNation 03-25-2014 09:01 PM

Adding Mack is wonderful but Martin would be overkill, with the mNg needs we have you could go WR, TE, CB or DT. What does Oakland get for trading back with SF?

gpngc 03-25-2014 09:11 PM

One of SF's three 3rds.

Thecollegedropout 03-25-2014 09:50 PM

Cooks is cool....I might go with Dennard over Cooks because the WR depth in this draft is wicked good BUT I'd be happy with Cooks as the guy.

Say no to a RB that early for the Jets. Give the Jets ASJ please there. We can use a Day 3 pick on a speedy RB but not a 2nd round pick.

J-Mike88 03-25-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3604255)
1. Texans: Blake Bortles
2. Rams (f/WAS): Jake Matthews
3. Jaguars: Jadeveon Clowney
4. Browns: Sammy Watkins
5. Raiders: Khalil Mack
6. Falcons: Greg Robinson
7. Buccaneers: Teddy Bridgewater
8. Vikings: Johnny Manziel
9. Bills: Mike Evans
10. Lions: C.J. Mosley
11. Titans: Justin Gilbert
12. Giants: Eric Ebron
13. Rams: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
14. Bears: Jason Verrett
15. Steelers: Taylor Lewan
16. Cowboys: Kony Ealy
17. Ravens: Zack Martin
18. Jets: Brandin Cooks
19. Dolphins: Allen Robinson
20. Cardinals: Ryan Shazier
21. Packers: Jace Amaro
22. Eagles: Ra'Shede Hageman
23. Chiefs: Odell Beckham Jr.
24. Bengals: Darqueze Dennard
25. Chargers: Bradley Roby
26. Browns: Derek Carr
27. Saints: Anthony Barr
28. Panthers: Xavier Su'a-Filo
29. Patriots: Jordan Matthews
30. 49ers: Kyle Fuller
31. Broncos: Aaron Donald
32. Seahawks: Kelvin Benjamin

33. Texans: Chris Borland
34. Redskins: Stephon Tuitt
35. Browns: Brandon Thomas
36. SF f/Raiders: Carlos Hyde
37. Falcons: Morgan Moses
38. Buccaneers: Marqise Lee
39. Jaguars: Jimmy Garappolo
40. Vikings: Timmy Jernigan
41. Bills: Jimmie Ward
42. Titans: Dee Ford
43. Giants: Scott Crichton
44. Rams: Donte Moncreif
45. Lions: Stanley Jean-Baptiste
46. Steelers: Troy Niklas
47. Cowboys: Terrence Brooks
48. Ravens: Louis Nix III
49. Jets: Tre Mason
50. Dolphins: JuWuan James
51. Bears: Caruan Reid
52. Cardinals: Austin Seferian-Jenkins
53. Packers: Deone Bucannon
54. Eagles: Jerremiah Attaochu
55. Bengals: Joel Bitonio
56. OAK f/49ers (f/KC): Kareem Martin
57. Chargers: Martavis Bryant
58. Saints: Pierre Desir
59. Colts: Gabe Jackson
60. Panthers: Davante Adams
61. 49ers: Paul Richardson
62. Patriots: Kelcy Quarles
63. Broncos: Christian Kirksey
64. Seahawks: Billy Turner

^ Was Calvin Pryor on the missing plane or that mudslide in Washington? ^

Good pick at 33 of Borland to Houston.
Also, Steelers with Niklas at #46.

The Vikings get another free-falling DL?
And the best QB in the Draft? I wouldn't like that.

Thecollegedropout 03-25-2014 10:05 PM

Yeah Calvin Pryor really should go high in the draft. Might not even be there for the Jets.

Nastradamus 03-25-2014 10:31 PM

There is absolutely zero chance we go Moseley at 10 IMO. I fully admit they dont' have a long term MLB, but they have Tulloch for now and Levy could slide inside if Tulloch went down or struggled. He's not enough value, he's not safe enough(injuries), he doesn't offer enough reward for the risk and we have too many needs ahead of MLB. If there was a large gap between Moseley and the next couple guys on their board, it would be one thing. I can't imagine that's the case though. Gotta take Gilbert in that scenario, or Barr. You clearly aren't as high on Barr as me though, so I get that one.

I can live with Baptiste, I want to add some size and physicality at CB. Not sure on his value at 45, but its always hard to tell how exactly teams will value and separate the CBs. Particularly the 2nd-4th rounders. I know Austin has said he likes big CBs.

If one team added both Mack and Martin that would be pretty sick. Not sure if Oakland would pull the trigger after targeting edge rushers in FA, but the value is fantastic.

Taber21 03-25-2014 10:45 PM

Vikings have added a fair amount of depth at DT this offseason, doubt they would look to add more early in the draft, though value is obviously there.

Poz51 03-25-2014 11:10 PM

Bills mock

Evans in the first makes sense, Wards value in the second makes it possible in my book, I would like it. Marrone talked about getting graham in the mix at FS, they have Meeks and d. Williams from last years draft fighting for the spot too.

I could see them going with bitonio or even a TE or Martin there.
Bitonio seems like a Marrone guy.

niel89 03-25-2014 11:10 PM

I could get behind those picks for the Ravens. Neither are pressing needs but it never hurts to grab more talented bodies on the lines.

gpngc 03-25-2014 11:12 PM

Put Pryor in there. I am in a mock draft slump apparently.

phlysac 03-26-2014 12:41 AM

Unlike many 49ers' fans, I don't think the idea of adding a RB is ridiculous. However, I really hate the thought of trading up to add one.

wicket 03-26-2014 01:36 AM

barr is interesting for the saints, absolutely no need for a pass rusher like barr but is the value just too good to pass up

Caddy 03-26-2014 01:53 AM

I'd be stoked if that ended up being the Buccaneers first two picks.

Jas 03-26-2014 04:01 AM

Ok we pass on Donald and Barr for Ealy, :frog:

Donald and Barr will not fall that far, no way!! I'd absolutely love to have them both available at 16, not gonna happen. And if they were one of them is a Cowboy. Maybe you skip on Donald there because we have melton, and you go with Barr to replace Ware. Give us Barr and I'd be :banana:

I don't dislike Ealy and with Donald and Barr likely gone, I could see that happening.

Just out of curiosity, why would you rank Barr so low, and pass on him as a 4-3 DE, do you not believe he can handle that position? I'm thinking your reasoning is we have melton so pass on Donald and Barr doesn't fit??

I like Bucannon in the 2nd.

holt_bruce81 03-26-2014 05:01 AM

Aaron Donald slipping that far is pretty unlikely. You are vastly overrating Kony Ealy, Paul Richardson, Jace Amaro and Martavis Bryant.

I go back n forth on the Clinton-Dix selection. At 13 I want an elite safety and HaHa is just average to me.

Hines 03-26-2014 06:48 AM

I'd absolutely hate that draft. I just see no way the Steelers take an OLman that early. It's screaming smokescreen to trade down IMO.

Phins827 03-26-2014 07:18 AM

Don't like that Dolphins draft at all. WR isn't a big enough need to warrant a first rounder, unless Watkins were to impossibly fall to 19, and even if it were, I'm not sure that Robinson could be any better than what we have in Hartline. A LB like Shazier makes sense there, as does an OL like anyone

gouldo 03-26-2014 07:25 AM

Sorry, but that is a horrible Miami draft. Robinson in the 1st....no chance. Shazier, Roby, XSF, even Moses at 17 and that's way too early. Same with the 2nd, jones is about the 12th best o lineman, and he isn't better than turner

K Train 03-26-2014 07:37 AM

Taylor Lewan is a terrible terrible steeler pick.

They have Beachum, Adams, and Gilbert.....if munchak can turn two unpolished stones in Roos and Stewart into pro bowlers, hes got some players to work with right now, enough so that a poor technique Taylor Lewan who could be a decent LT but is probably more of a road grading RT is just not necessary. Id take Robinson or Matthews in a hearbeat, but not lewan...he just doe not work in space well enough to justify taking him at 15 along with all the recent high draft picks invested in the oline.

That pick would come down to Dennard, Hageman, Barr, and Benjamin. Dennard being nearly a lock imo

I love Niklas, but I cannot bring a scenario where that pick in the second round isnt Louis Nix, I think they may even consider him at 15

gpngc 03-26-2014 02:27 PM

I don't rank anyone anywhere. A mock draft is in no way a reflection of my personal rankings.

Guys fall. Teams "ignore" "needs" on draft day.

First of all, if your argument starts with "I fully admit we don't have a long-term option for that position," it's probably not a great argument. Mosley is a stud prospect. Look what CAR did with Kuechly.

Barr isn't that great a football player.

Allen Robinson is.

Aaron Donald only fits a 4-3 and is small.

KTrain - are you serious? Gilbert isn't good and Adams is one of the worst OL in the NFL. If Lewan falls there because of character and position (very possible), those players wouldn't preclude them from taking the top player on their board.

As usual, ya'll are in for a rude awakening on draft day expecting teams to exclusively fill 2014 "needs" that jive with internet consensus ratings of prospects. Never happens.

K Train 03-26-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3605069)
KTrain - are you serious? Gilbert isn't good and Adams is one of the worst OL in the NFL. If Lewan falls there because of character and position (very possible), those players wouldn't preclude them from taking the top player on their board.

Beachum played damn good at LT, even if hes not the prototype player hes very athletic with a mean punch.

Adams has a future with this team, hes going into his third year there is going to be a sense of urgency with him but he IS the reason they brought in Munchak. Hes an absolutely dominating run blocker, his problem is sustaining blocks in pass protection....which is correctable.

And Gilbert wasnt bad last year...in haleys offense were seeing better release by ben and less punishment, the tackles just need to slightly improve and they will be fine. Decastro has become a master of the position, his play along with the return of pouncey will make everyone on the line better. Lewan is just not the pick. They will find 2 tackles out of those 3 guys

Hines 03-26-2014 03:07 PM

Unless Matthews or Robinson fall, I just don't see the Steelers going with OL till late, if at all. They have great depth along the OL this year.

Jakey 03-26-2014 03:45 PM

Lewan might be too good value to pass up, which is a shame because i like Adams and Gilbert, and Beachum is such an underdog, its hard not to root for him.

K Train 03-26-2014 03:57 PM

No, we hate Lewan

Dennard would absolutely be the pick anyway, I think they love him