Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   2014/2015 Injury Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59360)

Mr. Goosemahn 05-27-2014 06:44 PM

2014/2015 Injury Thread

Figured it might be time to start this.

Dallas LB Sean Lee has apparently torn his ACL. Per Rotoworld:

Quote:

The Dallas Morning News reports the Cowboys believe ILB Sean Lee has a torn ACL.
That's what has been widely speculated, but the Cowboys won't know for sure until they get back Lee's MRI. Lee got his left knee hung up before getting pancaked by first-round OG Zack Martin in a "non-contact" drill. Among his many, many other injuries, Lee tore his right ACL at Penn State.
That's a huge blow for the Cowboys, if he did tear his ACL. Lee is a quality LB and recently got a pretty big deal, but the guy just can't catch a break.

San Diego Chicken 05-27-2014 07:50 PM

Sucks for Lee, very good player who just can't catch a break with these injuries. San Diego had the same thing happen around this time last year with Melvin Ingram, but lucky for us was able to make it back for the last 1/4 of the season and make an impact. I can already hear the Cowboy fans who wanted Manziel lamenting that it was Martin's block that took him out.

J-Mike88 05-27-2014 08:24 PM

Horrible break for the Cowboys, and one of those where a team simply cannot overcome it.

Each team has a few, 1, 2, 3 guys like that.
With Dallas, it's Romo, him, and Bryant.

This is going to be a tragic, but busy thread.... wish it wouldn't have any activity until at least September.

Vikings4ever 05-27-2014 11:15 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ther-acl-tear/

Quote:

On Facebook, veteran wideout Domenik Hixon said Tuesday he had suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament — his third such injury in less than four years.

“I tore my ACL today for the 3rd time today!” Hixon wrote. “I’m disappointed that I won’t be playing for a bears team that has the players and coaches to WIN the Super Bowl. I thank God for letting me live my dream of playing in the NFL for 8 years plus. It has truly been FUN!”
Sounds like he believes his career is over.

niel89 05-27-2014 11:22 PM

A 3rd acl typically is a career but I'm glad he his taking it in stride. It's rare to see a guy acknowledge just playing is cool.

BaLLiN 05-28-2014 12:04 AM

Yeah Hixon is a nice guy, many of my friends have met him and acknowledged that. Great team player that contributed to many Giants teams in any way he could whether it was as a primary receiver, special teamer, or backup.

FUNBUNCHER 05-28-2014 02:26 AM

This is a jinx thread.
RG3 and I are staying far away from it.

I hope Zach Martin feels like a POS. He blocked Lee all the way down to the ground in a 3/4 speed walk-through team drill.

PoopSandwich 05-28-2014 07:31 AM

Sean Lee is made of glass.

J-Mike88 05-28-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3661936)
This is a jinx thread.
RG3 and I are staying far away from it.

Too late.....

Giantsfan1080 05-28-2014 08:47 AM

Cowboys are going to get fined on top of this I bet. NFLPA isn't going to be happy with contact in supposed non-contact period.

Mr. Goosemahn 06-10-2014 09:23 PM

Falcons LB Sean Weatherspoon tore his achilles today.

Mr. Goosemahn 06-10-2014 09:23 PM

shylo3716 06-10-2014 10:03 PM

J-Mike88 06-11-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn (Post 3670326)

You can say that again.

That's another bad one, another SEASON-ender, before the season even started.

Well Crabtree had one early last year too didn't he, and came back late from it.

Better now than September, and better than an ACL.

Mr. Goosemahn 06-11-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Colts placed DE Fili Moala (knee) on injured reserve, ending his season.
Moala sustained a partial tear of his right ACL when he collided with a teammate during a "non-contact" OTA. It's the same ligament tear that he fully tore in November of 2012. Moala was a rotational end for the Colts last year, playing nearly half the snaps and producing 1.5 sacks and 21 quarterback hurries. In March, he was re-signed to a one-year, $1.4 million contract as an unrestricted free agent.
Per Rotoworld

phlysac 06-11-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3670609)
Better now than September, and better than an ACL.

I tend to think that total recovery and career lifespan is less with an achilles than just an ACL.

shylo3716 06-16-2014 12:32 AM

Jon Beason has a torn ligament and fractured foot.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-fracture-foot

K Train 06-16-2014 09:00 AM

Not a good offseason to be a linebacker

BloodBrother 06-19-2014 03:10 PM

Technically the injury happened at the end of last season but

2nd year RB Johnathan Franklin won't be back with GB, and his NFL career is likely over due to a neck injury. Very unfortunate

K Train 06-19-2014 03:20 PM

Best and now Franklin....those back that play in the state of california and wear yellow jerseys have had a run of bad luck with head/neck and backs

EDIT....changed it to a demographic

TitanHope 06-19-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3676097)
Best and now Franklin....UCLA backs have had a run of bad luck with necks and backs

Best played at California, and his injuries were concussions.

One more swing and a miss, and I'm afraid we'll have to murder you, K Train. No body. Just gonna bury a framed picture of you.

K Train 06-19-2014 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 3676198)
Best played at California, and his injuries were concussions.

One more swing and a miss, and I'm afraid we'll have to murder you, K Train. No body. Just gonna bury a framed picture of you.

DAMN

those yellow-ish jerseys got me. I was thinking Lynch went to UCLA too, i guess to me if you play in california - you go to UCLA

i was think of best getting murdered at cal in the endzone, looked like his head was gonna pop clean off his neck

Doesnt help they look alike

J-Mike88 07-26-2014 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3670916)
I tend to think that total recovery and career lifespan is less with an achilles than just an ACL.

Well, we have VIC BALLARD now out of the year, thanks to that ACHILLES.
He also tore the ACL last year.

Both were non-contact injuries.
Just happened on his own running, planting, cutting.

KENDALL HUNTER went down yesterday too.
Not sure of the severity of the injury.
But we all know how incredible the Niners trainers are with their advanced hybrid alien health & recovery technology program.

FUNBUNCHER 07-26-2014 09:09 AM

I still remember when a player tore his achilles or ACL, less so for the latter, they were automatic career ending injuries.

If the achilles injury isn't a complete tendon rupture most athletes can come back and perform at a high level. THe problem with football is they expect players to come back in a YEAR or less, when the total recovery time needed to regain peak athletic performance might be twice that.

When you read about how the careers of HOFers like Butkus and Gale Sayers were ended by 'severe' knee injuries which were probably no worse than SF RB Lattimore's injury at South Carolina, these guys are lucky to be playing in the era they are today.

I still don't get why there seem to be so many achilles injuries lately.
I suspect these big pro athletes don't spend enough time warming their ligs up before working out, or the muscle load on their tendon and ligs is way too much(too much running and lifting).

There is a downside to training year round for a pro athlete.

J-Mike88 07-27-2014 09:16 AM

Yeah, Kendall Hunter done for the season.
Another backup lost.

Ranking the off-season injuries so far:

#1- Sean Lee
#2- Kiko Alonso
#3- Ballard
#4- Hunter

Those last 2 are debatable. Am I missing any?