Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Breakout RB? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6359)

GiantRutgersFan 04-11-2007 10:05 PM

Breakout RB?
 
Which RB will have a breakout season a la Frank Gore 1 year ago?

Some players to keep an eye on are:

Joseph Addai
Ronnie Brown
Lawrence Maroney
Deangelo Williams
Cadaliac Williams
Marion Barber
Ladell Betts
Brandon Jacobs

Chucky 04-11-2007 10:09 PM

Im pretty sure Cadillac's breakout year was his roookie year

MP123 04-11-2007 10:09 PM

I will say Laurence Maroney.

SuperKevin 04-11-2007 10:14 PM

Vernand Morency is my pick. I think he's going to be given the starting job in Green Bay and now that the rookies on that OL have a year of experience I think the blocking will be much better for him.

hugegmenfan 04-11-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MP123 (Post 296622)
I will say Laurence Maroney.

i totally agree. I think Maroney will explode this year and go crazy. I also think Addai puts together another, but more productive, season

bearfan 04-11-2007 10:15 PM

Benson- no homerism there, just watching him run, he will be a stud
Bush, and I wanna say Jacobs as well.

bored of education 04-11-2007 10:23 PM

Reuben Droughns
Homer Simpson

d34ng3l021 04-11-2007 10:24 PM

Well I said Ronnie Brown last season...He didnt quite do it, so I will just say him again.

LitoSheppard 04-11-2007 10:29 PM

I think Marion Barber, even though he is a CowBoy I love this guy, he is a great pure runner, one of the best pure runners in the game IMO. Although i hope he doesn't have a breakout year..being a Eagle fan and all:p

yourfavestoner 04-11-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LitoSheppard (Post 296710)
I think Marion Barber, even though he is a CowBoy I love this guy, he is a great pure runner, one of the best pure runners in the game IMO. Although i hope he doesn't have a breakout year..being a Eagle fan and all:p

Barber is my vote as well. I think the Barber/Jones duo would be much better off with Barber getting the majority of carries and softening the defense, and Jones coming in for about ten or so carries a game. If that happens, I expect Barber to have a monster season.

Vikes99ej 04-11-2007 10:33 PM

I think Joseph Addai will have a breakout season.

Pit Bull #53 04-11-2007 10:35 PM

Well, I'll vote for DeAngelo Williams provided he gets the necessary carries and touches in the offense. He was my favorite player in the draft last year.

doingthisinsteadofwork 04-11-2007 10:36 PM

Benson will have a massive year with Jones out of the way.

YAYareaRB 04-11-2007 10:37 PM

Jerious Norwood

CC.SD 04-11-2007 10:37 PM

Not Brandon Jacobs, you clever little homer.

Bengals1690 04-11-2007 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChargerCohen (Post 296769)
Not Brandon Jacobs, you clever little homer.

my thoughts exactly.

anyways, i hope that deangelo williams has a breakout year. but i think that jones drew will get at least 1000 on the ground this year.

DragonMekha 04-11-2007 10:44 PM

Brian Westbrook.Here me out,he is always thought to be a dangerous weapon but not as much as a surefire runner.Despite a great year he wasnt looked at for the pro bowl and I think Philly will actually run more to keep Mcnabb healthy and Westbrook is going to have a monster season and be respected as a runner and not just a versatile weapon.

bigbluedefense 04-11-2007 10:47 PM

Every thread you make is a veiled attempt at homerism. But at the same time, it is a decent thread, so I can't knock you for it.

Im gonna go with Maroney. I would go with Brown, but he has no qb or passing threats to eleviate in the box pressure. Plus his line is worse than Maroneys.

etk 04-11-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chucky (Post 296620)
Im pretty sure Cadillac's breakout year was his roookie year

Just ignore GRF and his insatiable need to post threads every 10 minutes. He knows nothing about football, and thus he wouldn't know about Cadillac or his ROY & OROY awards collection.

JK17 04-11-2007 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonMekha (Post 296827)
Brian Westbrook.Here me out,he is always thought to be a dangerous weapon but not as much as a surefire runner.Despite a great year he wasnt looked at for the pro bowl and I think Philly will actually run more to keep Mcnabb healthy and Westbrook is going to have a monster season and be respected as a runner and not just a versatile weapon.

I can understand what you mean about the pro-bowl, but I still think last season was his breakout year. He had a lot of questions regarding durability going in, but really carried the Eagles after McNabb's injury, although Garcia got more credit for him. I still think he broke out last year though, and could "put the cherry on top" this year.

As for my choice, hate the Pats, but I love maroney for some reason, and think this is his year to break out. Just a gut feeling, surrounded by what I saw out of him last year. Wouldn't be suprised to see Addai put up some big numbers too.

princefielder28 04-11-2007 10:51 PM

I expect big things from Cedric Benson but not against Green Bay

DragonMekha 04-11-2007 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK17 (Post 296857)
I can understand what you mean about the pro-bowl, but I still think last season was his breakout year. He had a lot of questions regarding durability going in, but really carried the Eagles after McNabb's injury, although Garcia got more credit for him. I still think he broke out last year though, and could "put the cherry on top" this year.

As for my choice, hate the Pats, but I love maroney for some reason, and think this is his year to break out. Just a gut feeling, surrounded by what I saw out of him last year. Wouldn't be suprised to see Addai put up some big numbers too.

The thing is Brian Westbrook pretty much got no recoginition around the league outside of the Eagles so although it was a breakout for him,he this year can breakout and make everyone aware of his ability to actually run the ball.

GiantRutgersFan 04-11-2007 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 296838)
Every thread you make is a veiled attempt at homerism. But at the same time, it is a decent thread, so I can't knock you for it.

Im gonna go with Maroney. I would go with Brown, but he has no qb or passing threats to eleviate in the box pressure. Plus his line is worse than Maroneys.

Man you have little faith. theses no reason Jacobs cant break out this year. Least I could do is put him on a list of like 10 guys. I didnt even state an opinion. Plus he has a fairly good run blocking O-Line and teams dont stack in the box against us. Im expecting 1000 yards from him. Not for him to be dominant, but to be a nice RB.

My opinion happens to be that Deangelo Williams is gonna have a nice season and really make a name for himself.


As for Cadilac, he has a major sophmore slump last year. he hasnt established himself yet and has to prove that his rookie year wasnt a fluke.

JT Jag 04-11-2007 10:57 PM

Maurice Drew... next year.

etk 04-11-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan (Post 296893)

As for Cadilac, he has a major sophmore slump last year. he hasnt established himself yet and has to prove that his rookie year wasnt a fluke.

That still doesn't make this a breakout year for him, mmmkay


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.