Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   The Best Corner Combo (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639)

Surtain & Law 07-24-2006 06:31 PM

The Best Corner Combo

Who Is It?

Quote:

Surtain & Law
McAlister & Rolle
Lucas & Gamble
O'Neal & James
Harris & Woodson
Hall & Williams
Bailey & Foxworth
Other

dukies9101 07-24-2006 06:35 PM

your poll doesn't work for me. But if i had to pick one i personally would choose Law and Surtain because Surtain is still a beast, Law only has to be the number 2 cornerback and they are Chiefs.

moc182 07-24-2006 06:36 PM

Lucas/Gamble. I also like the Cowboys corners alot, but they weren't listed.

cunningham06 07-24-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukies9101
your poll doesn't work for me. But if i had to pick one i personally would choose Law and Surtain because Surtain is still a beast, Law only has to be the number 2 cornerback and they are Chiefs.

No way they are better than Gamble and Ken Lucas. Remember that Gamble was the #1 in Carolina before Lucas came. Both are great cornerbacks, and both are in the top 10, or at least top 15 best cornerbacks in the NFL. Both are on par with Surtain, but Law is nowhere near the CB he used to be.

Surtain & Law 07-24-2006 06:37 PM

Quote:

i dont think theres a number 2 i think theres more of a left corner cause there both on the field at the same time

also i think Law will play Right Corner and Surtain will play left

Surtain & Law 07-24-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:

No way they are better than Gamble and Ken Lucas. Remember that Gamble was the #1 in Carolina before Lucas came. Both are great cornerbacks, and both are in the top 10, or at least top 15 best cornerbacks in the NFL. Both are on par with Surtain, but Law is nowhere near the CB he used to be.

he led the NFL in INTS

07-24-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surtain & Law
Quote:

Quote:

he led the NFL in INTS

cuz teams picked on him all the time.

Surtain & Law 07-24-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he led the NFL in INTS

AND HE MADE THEM PAY FOR IT

07-24-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he led the NFL in INTS

he definitely wont do that again this year. you probably wouldnt even be talking about him if he wasnt on the chiefs

cunningham06 07-24-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he led the NFL in INTS

Also in penalties. He can't cover a WR without holding him or interfering with him. Most of his picks last season were gifts, he didn't steal many away from WR's. He's not bad, when an opportunity comes, he doesn't mess up, I'm just saying he doesn't make opportunities to take the ball away like he used to. I doubt he will get more than 5 if that this season.

Surtain & Law 07-24-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he led the NFL in INTS

he definitely wont do that again this year. you probably wouldnt even be talking about him if he wasnt on the chiefs

no way Law is a beast come on. and Surtain is my top 5 CB in the NFL now

Surtain & Law 07-24-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he led the NFL in INTS

Also in penalties. He can't cover a WR without holding him or interfering with him. Most of his picks last season were gifts, he didn't steal many away from WR's. He's not bad, when an opportunity comes, he doesn't mess up, I'm just saying he doesn't make opportunities to take the ball away like he used to. I doubt he will get more than 5 if that this season.

you will see

cunningham06 07-24-2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

he led the NFL in INTS

no way Law is a beast come on. and Surtain is my top 5 CB in the NFL now

How much did you watch him play last season?

slightlyaraiderfan 07-24-2006 06:44 PM

Can't wait till Moss burn Surtain/Law. mmm

Shane P. Hallam 07-24-2006 06:45 PM

Lol, I think Surtain and Law will be fine, but Gamble and Lucas just make a nasty pair.

bearsfan_51 07-24-2006 06:46 PM

Stop being a homer. You only created this poll to get people to vote for Surtain and Law. Now that people aren't you're bitching about it. They are a nice duo, maybe top 5, but definately not the best. Now if this was 2001.....

Surtain & Law 07-24-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan
Can't wait till Moss burns Surtain/Law. mmm

i cant wait till the raiders trade moss
but if he stays will make him pay

Paranoidmoonduck 07-24-2006 06:47 PM

Ty Law had 11 penalties last year, 8 of them being interference calls. For reference, the entire Seattle Seahawks secondary had a total of 17 penalties last year. His interceptions came at unimportant times (week 17, 3 against Buffalo) and almost all of the were gimmee's.

I went for Rolle and McAlister because I'm not too crazy about Gamble.

Surtain & Law 07-24-2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Stop being a homer. You only created this poll to get people to vote for Surtain and Law. Now that people aren't you're bitching about it. They are a nice duo, maybe top 5, but definately not the best. Now if this was 2001.....

im not bitching im say my oppion

slightlyaraiderfan 07-24-2006 06:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That almost makes sense, but no.

Surtain & Law 07-24-2006 06:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

:roll: That almost makes sense, but no.

he ask to be trade to the falcons but they didnt want him
he said also ravens was and option
-last year

Shane P. Hallam 07-24-2006 06:50 PM

What does that have to do with anything? TO wanted to be on the Falcons too but he isn't. It's not like Moss is going anywhere...

07-24-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But he didnt gt traded there, so now you get the pleasure of watching him burn you 2x a year.

cunningham06 07-24-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
Ty Law had 11 penalties last year, 8 of them being interference calls. For reference, the entire Seattle Seahawks secondary had a total of 17 penalties last year. His interceptions came at unimportant times (week 17, 3 against Buffalo) and almost all of the were gimmee's.

I went for Rolle and McAlister because I'm not too crazy about Gamble.

I also really like that duo, but McCalisters play dropped off quite a bit last season, but if he can return to form, their tandem dominates all.

Surtain & Law 07-24-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But he didnt gt traded there, so now you get the pleasure of watching him burn you 2x a year.

dont be shock if he does get traded