Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Question concerning NFL Sponsor... (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6466)

JMiah 04-12-2007 09:47 PM

Question concerning NFL Sponsor...

I know that Reebok is the NFL sponsor, but for how long? Does this change hands often? It seems like Champion was a few years back, but maybe I am dreaming...

Do players have to wear Reebok stuff, because it seems unlike college where different schools have different sponsors... it seems that they all have to wear Reebok jerseys, but can they switch up shoes? (Didn't Bush get in trouble for that last year?)

Moses 04-12-2007 09:50 PM

NFL players have to wear either Nike or Reebok cleats. Bush was fined for wearing Adidas cleats (who are his sponsor), but Adidas paid the fine.

JMiah 04-12-2007 09:52 PM

What is the deal with that? Why only Nike or Reebok?

Moses 04-12-2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMiah (Post 300243)
What is the deal with that? Why only Nike or Reebok?

They're the official sponsors of the NFL. I believe Under Armour also has an agreement with them so UA cleats may be acceptable too.

jackalope 04-13-2007 11:47 AM

i don't understand how Addidas owns Reebok, yet players can't wear Addidas.

neko4 04-13-2007 12:07 PM

Is Xbox the game sponser of the NFL because every year they have the madden tourny all the people are playing Xbox

fenikz 04-13-2007 12:53 PM

i think xbox is just the sponsor of the madden tournament, i know they said they wanted to do it on the wii though

mfkrush 04-14-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 301398)
Is Xbox the game sponser of the NFL because every year they have the madden tourny all the people are playing Xbox

That is just the selection of Ea Sports I believe. It has nothing to do with actual sponsorship. However EA Sports owns sole ownership of players or something. No other game can feature NFL stuff. Names or teams.

Flyboy 04-14-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moses (Post 300234)
NFL players have to wear either Nike or Reebok cleats. Bush was fined for wearing Adidas cleats (who are his sponsor), but Adidas paid the fine.

The actually paid the fine for the entire year because Bush wore them all season. Crazy.

Vince Lombardi 04-14-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfkrush (Post 305884)
That is just the selection of Ea Sports I believe. It has nothing to do with actual sponsorship. However EA Sports owns sole ownership of players or something. No other game can feature NFL stuff. Names or teams.

EA has exclusive rights to the NFL for two more years I believe, I wouldn't expect the NFL to redo that deal when it expires though.

Thomas7399 04-15-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi (Post 306424)
EA has exclusive rights to the NFL for two more years I believe, I wouldn't expect the NFL to redo that deal when it expires though.

That deal took away the 2nd greatest football videogame ever made (behind Tecmo of course)

.....reminicses of Bo Jackson zig-zag