Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Best Cornerback in the NFC North (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650)

cunningham06 07-27-2006 01:04 PM

Best Cornerback in the NFC North

Who's the best cornerback in the NFC North? I got this idea from the topic about the best corner in the NFC East. The top 3 I'd say are Al Harris, Dre Bly, and Antoine Winfield, but who do you think is the best?

07-27-2006 01:07 PM

Betcha cant guess who I voted for!

cunningham06 07-27-2006 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikings Fan
Betcha cant guess who I voted for!

Antoine Winfield?

Ho0k Em' 07-27-2006 01:18 PM

I went with Winfield.

filibuster 07-27-2006 01:31 PM

see sig

Dillen 07-27-2006 01:33 PM

I went with Al Harris. I loved him when he was an Eagles. I remember we got a 2nd rounder for him, too bad we used it to trade up for Jerome McDougle.

Harris was a monster in Philly. I always called him "He Flag Me" because he got called for so many pass interference calls in Philly, like Rod Smart's XFL name. I once photoshopped a picture of penalty flags as his dreadlocks but that was a long, long time ago.

cunningham06 07-27-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillen
I went with Al Harris. I loved him when he was an Eagles. I remember we got a 2nd rounder for him, too bad we used it to trade up for Jerome McDougle.

Harris was a monster in Philly. I always called him "He Flag Me" because he got called for so many pass interference calls in Philly, like Rod Smart's XFL name. I once photoshopped a picture of penalty flags as his dreadlocks but that was a long, long time ago.

I voted for him too, but because of how he played last season. He's also got excellent size at 6'1. Sadly we've let a lot of cool corners slip through our fingers. Al Harris, Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent.

TitleTown088 07-27-2006 01:41 PM

this is a good poll because there are alot of good corners n the NFC north now. Hard to decide, but i had to go with harris.

SuperMcGee 07-27-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:

I voted for him too, but because of how he played last season. He's also got excellent size at 6'1. Sadly we've let a lot of cool corners slip through our fingers. Al Harris, Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent.

Taylor didnt do too much after he left Philly.
I voted for Winfield

07-27-2006 01:42 PM

Suprisingly, he got my vote

Dillen 07-27-2006 01:44 PM

Taylor signed a 3 year contract with Seattle and im pretty sure he was cut after one year. He isnt on a team now. The guy could cover anyone, but he SUCKED at tackling. I mean he was horrible.

Vincent was losing a step and was moved to safety when he signed with Buffalo.

Both of these guys were let go to make room for Lito and Sheldon, so I dont care.

07-27-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

He passed the skill of getting a lot of penalties on to Ahmad Carrol

Go_Eagles77 07-27-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:

Yeah, but look who we got now.

cunningham06 07-27-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Taylor signed a 3 year contract with Seattle and im pretty sure he was cut after one year. He isnt on a team now. The guy could cover anyone, but he SUCKED at tackling. I mean he was horrible.

Vincent was losing a step and was moved to safety when he signed with Buffalo.

Both of these guys were let go to make room for Lito and Sheldon, so I dont care.

I liked them, but we did get rid of them at the right time. Bobby was never nasty enough to be a great tackler, Troy is a decently solid safety, even though their skills were declining I liked them both and was sad to see them go.

Vikes99ej 07-27-2006 01:52 PM

Hmmm... this is hard for me. Besides Winfield, I'd say Dre Bly.

07-27-2006 02:09 PM

Al Harris is horrible...

07-27-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Buc
Al Harris is horrible...

85 says he's the 2nd best corner in the league so he's gotta be the best in the norris

07-27-2006 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sik wit it
Quote:

Al Harris is horrible...

85 says he's the 2nd best corner in the league so he's gotta be the best in the norris

you know players say things about other players to be nice right? Just like coaches last year when they would be like the Texans, they would say "that was a great team you just beat out there." Yea thats why they went 2-14.

No way in hell is Harris even in the top 10 CBs in the NFL imo.

njx9 07-27-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sik wit it
Quote:

Al Harris is horrible...

and given that chad johnson faced every cornerback in the nfl last year, his opinion is absolutely a GREAT measuring stick to use here.

Smooth Criminal 07-27-2006 02:19 PM

Winfield got my vote.

thetedginnshow 07-27-2006 02:19 PM

I went with Winfield. I've though Harris and Bly were overrated for a while.

07-27-2006 02:22 PM

I'm gonna say harris but it will soon be vasher or bly.

TitleTown088 07-27-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Al Harris is horrible...

yeah he's just terrible.................care to back that statement up? you can say you don't think he's the best , but to say he's horrible is just stupid.

T-Col 07-27-2006 02:30 PM

As a Lafayette, Louisiana Lafayette native and Ragin Cajun fan forever, I gotta say Charles Tillman.

However, as a football fan in general, Al Harris.

PACKmanN 07-27-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
I went with Winfield. I've though Harris and Bly were overrated for a while.

In what way shape or form is Harris overrated? You must mean he underrated.