Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Ultimate Mock NFL Draft (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6504)

Splat 04-13-2007 09:48 AM

Ultimate Mock NFL Draft
 
Imagine if every player in the NFL was eligible for this year's draft. SI.com's Michael Silver lists who he thinks each team would take if they had their pick of the league's elite.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rt1/index.html

tEk 04-13-2007 10:00 AM

wouldn't that be kind of pointless because the teams would not have any players to begin with. basically a fantasy draft including the upcoming draft. so its really draft who ever you want to start a franchise with.

Jay 04-13-2007 10:15 AM

That is horrible. Carson Palmer over Peyton Manning? No way. Never. EVER. And why is Laron Landry even in there? You're telling me, that a guy building a franchise, with every player in the NFL available, is going to take a guy who has never played a snap in the NFL to build the franchise around. And oh, by the way, he's a SAFETY.

I don't have a problem with what he's doing, but it's just awful. Adrian Wilson? I am not denying these guys are great NFL players, but essentially you'd have to be one of the 32 best to be taken in round 1. Jamarcus Russell? Bad decisions...

Jughead10 04-13-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 301163)
That is horrible. Carson Palmer over Peyton Manning? No way. Never. EVER. And why is Laron Landry even in there? You're telling me, that a guy building a franchise, with every player in the NFL available, is going to take a guy who has never played a snap in the NFL to build the franchise around. And oh, by the way, he's a SAFETY.

I don't have a problem with what he's doing, but it's just awful. Adrian Wilson? I am not denying these guys are great NFL players, but essentially you'd have to be one of the 32 best to be taken in round 1. Jamarcus Russell? Bad decisions...

I agree. This is dumb. Why would the Giants take Joe Thomas. Even if they are looking for a LT in this situation with only Walter Jones gone, I think they would take someone in the NFL way before Joe Thomas. Levi Jones, Marcus McNeill (at least he proved it for one year), etc.

The Great Jonathan Vilma 04-13-2007 10:24 AM

another classic.........way to go SI

art vandelay 04-13-2007 10:36 AM

Why would the Bills take a Safety? We have arguably the best young tandem in the league with Whitner and Simpson!

F

myinnerself 04-13-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art vandelay (Post 301202)
Why would the Bills take a Safety? We have arguably the best young tandem in the league with Whitner and Simpson!

F

Because according to this premise you have no one on your team at all before the draft. How does Dwight Freeney go 15th? Honestly, how? And Torry Holt is good, but he's not getting any younger, I'd rather have Philip Rivers.

PoopSandwich 04-13-2007 11:27 AM

Browns pass on Brady?

WTF!!!

PoopSandwich 04-13-2007 11:29 AM

Also, why would that many teams pass on Reggie Bush/Drew Brees

ks_perfection 04-13-2007 11:34 AM

This is stupid, no way rookies should be picked before superstars that have proven themselves in the NFL.

islandboy843 04-13-2007 11:46 AM

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why would we pick Peterson over Steven Jackson,Bush, Portis and other proven backs. Stupid

neko4 04-13-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

After his first touchdown catch from Brett Favre, Johnson adds a new twist to the Lambeau Leap, sinking his gold grille into a front-row cheesehead and catapulting himself into the stands. Favre is so pleased he announces he'll play another eight years, to which general manager Ted Thompson replies, "Whatever you say, M'lord."
Hillarious, but why would Houston take Young? It makes no sense why not Vick, or some other proven running QB and they just got Schaub

JK17 04-13-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ks_perfection (Post 301329)
This is stupid, no way rookies should be picked before superstars that have proven themselves in the NFL.

Yeah, there are way to many rookies in this draft for it to make sense. I know he based it off of age too, but even if he did I don't know why SD would be taking Torry Holt than. And taking Peterson over Steven Jackson, who is still a young player?

I know it was made just as an offseason type thing, to fool around with, but its too unstructured (essentially it is just the top 32 players since tmeas have no rosters), and too rookie-based (Joe Thomas another example) to make sense.

jag 04-13-2007 11:57 AM

With three QB's gone, the Jaguars take... Jamarcus Russell...

Wow, just wow.

neko4 04-13-2007 11:59 AM

Go to pick 31, the Bears, and look at what position Demeco is playing

JK17 04-13-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 301374)
Go to pick 31, the Bears, and look at what position Demeco is playing

About time someone moved him to a position he can dominate....I've been calling on that for years...
haha kidding, that's bad though, you gotta catch something like that in editing.

Acreboy 04-13-2007 12:03 PM

How can Jerry Rice not be the first WR taken?

JK17 04-13-2007 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acreboy (Post 301386)
How can Jerry Rice not be the first WR taken?

Because theoretically its only players in the NFL today, and not to mention even if Rice was, age factors into his "decision process" anyway.

PalmerToCJ 04-13-2007 12:27 PM

LOL at the Bengals taking a saftey... Much less a rookie, WOW. That's just what you want as the anchor of your franchise... A saftey.

Nice to see Carson as the only player in history to be 1st overall in 2 drafts.

Severe Punishment 04-13-2007 01:53 PM

What exactly is the relevance of this article ?

Why stop at this type of "fantasy" why not include retired or dead players ...or ooh ooh...add in religious figures too. (insert throwing up smiley here)

asmitty45 04-13-2007 02:13 PM

GIVE THE LIONS LT over PEYTON

Ravens1991 04-13-2007 02:24 PM

I think this would be OK but IMO the rookies ruin it. Like Adrian and Thomas.

CC.SD 04-13-2007 02:47 PM

This whole thing is stupid.

draftguru151 04-13-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 301350)
Hillarious, but why would Houston take Young? It makes no sense why not Vick, or some other proven running QB and they just got Schaub

Because every chance someone in the media gets the will poke fun at Houston for that they will.

The whole premise is kinda weird. They picked players at positions the teams need now for the most part, but then it would create holes for other teams. Just kinda weird. I wouldn't mind Champ Bailey though. :)

Go_Eagles77 04-13-2007 03:08 PM

This isn't Madden.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.