Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Best Back-Up QB in the NFL? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=655)

07-28-2006 03:15 PM

Best Back-Up QB in the NFL?

Rookies who are the #2 are included. Now, Im not totally briefed on every teams QB position so if I say your #3 is your #2 for instance please inform me nicely. Also there are too many backups to name so I only named the ones whose team name was early in the alphabet, or the ones I could remember.

07-28-2006 03:15 PM

Its Matt Schaub easily

Shiver 07-28-2006 03:15 PM

I voted David Garrard, he'd be a very good starting QB on most other teams.

07-28-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Its Matt Schaub easily

I should have added him but i didnt get to "F" before it was filled.

Staubach12 07-28-2006 03:16 PM

Matt Schaub

yodabear 07-28-2006 03:18 PM

Too bad I can't edit this poll.....GUS FEROTTE!

ny10804 07-28-2006 03:18 PM

Wait, so why isn't Schaub an option?

07-28-2006 03:18 PM

Matt Schuab, and there isn't a close second. He could start for like 10 teams right now.

Staubach12 07-28-2006 03:19 PM

Schaub is the future of the Dallas Cowboys :wink:

Shiver 07-28-2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
Matt Schuab, and there isn't a close second. He could start for like 10 teams right now.

So could Garrard. He was very good last year for Jacksonville. Totaling 7 Touchdowns to 2 Turnovers, 200 Passing Yards and 20 Rushing Yards per game in his 5 starts.

EdReedUnstoppable 07-28-2006 03:26 PM

I voted David Garrard but I officially vote that this poll sucks, how can you have Leinart, Cutler, Harrington and not have Kyle Boller he is better than all of them.

07-28-2006 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable
I voted David Garrard but I officially vote that this poll sucks, how can you have Leinart, Cutler, Harrington and not have Kyle Boller he is better than all of them.

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

GB12 07-28-2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

stop with calling people homer. you could very easily have that lable but crybaby is there

07-28-2006 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:

Quote:

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

stop with calling people homer. you could very easily have that lable but crybaby is there

"People?" I don't know what you are talking about, I only called one person a homer.

EdReedUnstoppable 07-28-2006 03:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

So Kyle Boller isnt better than Cutl;er, Leinart, and Harrington? Hmm 2 rookies and a guy who constantly turns the ball over...........Boller is better than those 3.

07-28-2006 03:33 PM

No, I don't think Boller is better than Harrington or Leinart.

EdReedUnstoppable 07-28-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Then you have lost your mind. 8)

njx9 07-28-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

So Kyle Boller isnt better than Cutl;er, Leinart, and Harrington? Hmm 2 rookies and a guy who constantly turns the ball over...........Boller is better than those 3.

seconded.

though i would add that cutler and leinart may be better at some point this season.

it is odd to see people give up on boller already... what'd he have, 2 games with a real offense?

GB12 07-28-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:

Quote:

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

"People?" I don't know what you are talking about, I only called one person a homer.

from yodachu's thread
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearfan54
After your Bears analysis, you just lost all credibility.
I wont even go into how our offense will be much better, b/c I would go on a rant

You could be labeled a homer, but i 100% agree with you.

I expect to see improvement in the passing game, I think one of your young WRs will step up, and I think if Grossman is healthy, then he is a very solid QB.

I love Cedric Benson, he will show why he was the #4 pick in the draft. I mean, if u won 12 games (or was it 13?, w/e) with Kyle Orton...

07-28-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikings Fan

Also there are too many backups to name so I only named the ones whose team name was early in the alphabet, or the ones I could remember.

draftguru151 07-28-2006 05:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Then you have lost your mind. 8)

ERU :shock:

Yea, he lost it a while ago. :lol:

07-28-2006 05:46 PM

from yodachu's thread
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearfan54
After your Bears analysis, you just lost all credibility.
I wont even go into how our offense will be much better, b/c I would go on a rant

You could be labeled a homer, but i 100% agree with you.

I expect to see improvement in the passing game, I think one of your young WRs will step up, and I think if Grossman is healthy, then he is a very solid QB.

I love Cedric Benson, he will show why he was the #4 pick in the draft. I mean, if u won 12 games (or was it 13?, w/e) with Kyle Orton...

[/quote]

You misunderstood, I meant be labeled a homer by other people, but not me.

07-28-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

wow. did you see how Boller played at the end of the year?

yourfavestoner 07-28-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

All-NFLDC, or All-Homer?

seconded.

though i would add that cutler and leinart may be better at some point this season.

it is odd to see people give up on boller already... what'd he have, 2 games with a real offense?

I agree as well. I think they gave up on Boller too quickly. The move to get McNair seems to be no more than a panic move by Billick.

ninerfan 07-28-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Its Matt Schaub easily

Yep correct. I voted Dilfer though.

Gimme 8 games and best back up will be Kurt Warner