Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who has the best Defense in the NFL? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665)

07-31-2006 08:50 PM

Who has the best Defense in the NFL?

this year i say Ravens Defence will be a scoreing machine

what your awnsers?

draftguru151 07-31-2006 08:51 PM

No Cowboys? :?

moc182 07-31-2006 08:51 PM

Bears.

07-31-2006 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
No Cowboys? :?

if i could put 32 i would put every team

moc182 07-31-2006 08:54 PM

Well the Cowboys are a pretty obvious top 5 D, they really should be on here.

07-31-2006 08:57 PM

well 2 late know

07-31-2006 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moc182
Bears.

sweetness34 07-31-2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:

Originally Posted by moc182
Bears.

This is a toughy. Our defense is really good and we just got even deeper over the offseason. We can put points on the board and we're very good at creating turnovers.

I think it's a toss up between Washington, Carolina, and Chicago. But I think I'll take Washington right now with the Bears #2 and Carolina #3. But my rankings could change.

bearsfan_51 07-31-2006 09:11 PM

The Bears didn't have the benefit of an offense to support them last year. They scored points. They played with bad field position. And they were still the #1 defense in the league last year. They added Ricky Manning Jr and Dante Wesley to support at the corner position, they added Manning, Dvorack, Mark Anderson, and Jamar Williams to provide depth. This is with no disrespect to the other teams in the league with great defenses (Carolina, Pittsburgh, Washington) as I feel they are all better than the Bears as a total team, but nobody tops our defense, both starters and depth.

bearsfan_51 07-31-2006 09:12 PM

By the way, why the hell are the Browns on here?

yourfavestoner 07-31-2006 09:14 PM

1. Chicago
2. Jacksonville

Titans_Dynasty85 07-31-2006 09:21 PM

The Colts and Steelers Defense needs to be in that list as well. My Top 5 Defenses are..

1. Chicago
2. Pittsburgh
3. Carolina
4. Baltimore
5. Indianapolis

President 07-31-2006 09:23 PM

Da Bears!

Jensen 07-31-2006 09:25 PM

1. Bears
2. Panthers
3. Redskins
4. Ravens
5. Cowboys

Smooth Criminal 07-31-2006 09:28 PM

I love how the Steelers arn't even in the poll that just amazes me.

Regardless my vote goes to the Bears. Their defense just looks so god and it doesn't hurt their stats going against the NFC North teams 6 times a year.

draftguru151 07-31-2006 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
I love how the Steelers arn't even in the poll that just amazes me.

Regardless my vote goes to the Bears. Their defense just looks so god and it doesn't hurt their stats going against the NFC North teams 6 times a year.

Most of the top ones aren't. :? Why is Miami on here?

LTgiants 07-31-2006 09:30 PM

giants :lol:

07-31-2006 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen
1. Bears
2. Panthers
3. Redskins
4. Ravens
5. Cowboys

Panthers Vs Ravens gonna be a good game

President 07-31-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen
1. Bears
2. Panthers
3. Redskins
4. Ravens
5. Cowboys

Panthers Vs Ravens gonna be a good game

Where is it? If it is at Carolina, I easily say the Panthers win.

07-31-2006 09:34 PM

man i dream that Brandon Merriweather joins the Baltimore Ravens

07-31-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
The Bears didn't have the benefit of an offense to support them last year. They scored points. They played with bad field position. And they were still the #1 defense in the league last year. They added Ricky Manning Jr and Dante Wesley to support at the corner position, they added Manning, Dvorack, Mark Anderson, and Jamar Williams to provide depth. This is with no disrespect to the other teams in the league with great defenses (Carolina, Pittsburgh, Washington) as I feel they are all better than the Bears as a total team, but nobody tops our defense, both starters and depth.

umm no they werent, the Bucs were.

and i have a feeling this board is anti-bucs(:lol:), 2 or 3 top 5 lists and the bucs arent in any? Wow...... :?

bearsfan_51 07-31-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Buc
Quote:

and i have a feeling this board is anti-bucs(:lol:), 2 or 3 top 5 lists and the bucs arent in any? Wow...... :?

Oh stop it. The Bucs were first in yardage and that is only because the Bears put in their 3rd string against the Vikings in week 17. The Bears were still first in scoring (which is all that counts) even in spite of that. Any Bucs fan that actually asserts their defense was #1 without looking at the facts is just being a homer.

07-31-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh stop it. The Bucs were first in yardage and that is only because the Bears put in their 3rd string against the Vikings in week 17. The Bears were still first in scoring (which is all that counts) even in spite of that. Any Bucs fan that actually asserts their defense was #1 without looking at the facts is just being a homer.

First in scoring is all that counts? So you can be first in scoring yet give up the most yards and it would matter? So you saying "first in scoring is all that matters" is false, and the bucs WERE the #1 defense last year.

I'll admit the Bears have a GREAT defense, just about everyone is a ballhawk but the bears haven't had their defense in the top 7 for 10 years straight. So I'd take Bucs defense over Bears defense any day of the week. Call me a homer all you want.

bearsfan_51 07-31-2006 09:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

First in scoring is all that counts? So you can be first in scoring yet give up the most yards and it would matter? So you saying "first in scoring is all that matters" is false, and the bucs WERE the #1 defense last year.

I'll admit the Bears have a GREAT defense, just about everyone is a ballhawk but the bears haven't had their defense in the top 7 for 10 years straight. So I'd take Bucs defense over Bears defense any day of the week. Call me a homer all you want.

You're a homer. And yes scoring is all that matters. I don't care if they give up 400 yards, if they only allow 3 points your team still wins, you should know that-it's the staple of the cover 2.

The Bucs are a defense that is aging, the Bears are a defense that is rising. Yes the Bucs defense has been tremendous over the last 10 years, and Monte Kiffen will still keep them at the top of the league for years to come, but they aren't the best anymore.

07-31-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You're a homer. And yes scoring is all that matters. I don't care if they give up 400 yards, if they only allow 3 points your team still wins, you should know that-it's the staple of the cover 2.

The Bucs are a defense that is aging, the Bears are a defense that is rising. Yes the Bucs defense has been tremendous over the last 10 years, and Monte Kiffen will still keep them at the top of the league for years to come, but they aren't the best anymore.

How much do you want to bet bucs will have the #1 defense again this year?