Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Adam Jones: Will Appeal Suspension (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6669)

Splat 04-14-2007 01:23 PM

Adam Jones: Will Appeal Suspension

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

Update: Jones plans to appeal his season-long NFL suspension and believes he's been made the "poster boy" by the league, the Tennessean reports.

Recommendation: "For the most part, I think it was a little bit harsh. I expected the suspension, but for a whole year, for a guy that hasn't been charged with nothing. I really didn't agree with it," Jones said. "But for the most part I am taking it like a man. I am going to appeal it and we'll see what the future brings. ... Clearly, I am made to be the poster boy." Jones, who has had at least 10 run-ins with police since the Titans drafted him in 2005, can apply for reinstatement after 10 games if he follows conditions set by the league. We'll keep you posted.

Shiver 04-14-2007 01:29 PM

He has no chance to get an overturn. The only person who can reduce the suspension is Roger Goodell.

Non_Sequitur 04-14-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver (Post 304419)
He has no chance to get an overturn. The only person who can reduce the suspension is Roger Goodell.

Agreed. (10)

JC the Savior 04-14-2007 01:32 PM

Worth a shot...?

neko4 04-14-2007 01:33 PM

I really think he has a chance
Dunno why he was suspended in the first place
Its not like he was ever convicted
Or maybe he was suspended for making the nfl look bad, all I know is
The Titans are i trouble

Thats what I learned last nite on this site

Corny I know but i wanted to do it

Splat 04-14-2007 01:38 PM

I know we all saw this coming but I thought I would post it since it is for sure now.

go_ravens94 04-14-2007 01:40 PM

He won't get anything.

ElectricEye 04-14-2007 01:47 PM

I don't think he has much of a chance to play a game next year. I guess it's worth a shot though. Personally, I hope it doesn't work.

jag 04-14-2007 01:58 PM

I was just wondering, if the Titans make the playoffs is that still part of the suspension? Or could he play?

neko4 04-14-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jag (Post 304493)
I was just wondering, if the Titans make the playoffs is that still part of the suspension? Or could he play?

He is suspended for 16 games so i would think

But the Titans wont make the playoffs so we wont have to worry bout that

JF4 04-14-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko4 (Post 304506)
He is suspended for 16 games so i would think

But the Titans wont make the playoffs so we wont have to worry bout that

They definately have a shot at making it IMO.

Three Step Drop 04-14-2007 02:09 PM

I think Goodell will come down on Jones hard. Goodell has already been to talk to the Bengals about the conduct of their players and Goodell want's to send out a message that this type of behaviour won't be tolerated by the NFL

Addict 04-14-2007 02:13 PM

Pacman has no chance... he should go to canada, play there for a year and come back. Goodell isn't gonna budge...

I kinda like Goodell... doesn't back down when he has to take a stand.

Splat 04-14-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Addict (Post 304525)
Pacman has no chance... he should go to canada, play there for a year and come back. Goodell isn't gonna budge...

Not a good idea going to the CFL for a year he could blow out a knee the guy is to young and good (On the field) to risk that IMO.

LionSmack 04-14-2007 02:29 PM

Honestly I thought the whole season was too much, but then again maybe overkill was necessary in this case.

Jones' best bet to get the number of games reduced is to follow every single guideline the NFL sets out and then apply for reinstatement after game 10.

BengalsPwn 04-14-2007 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF4 (Post 304509)

They have no shot w/o him playing. He was there 2nd best defensive player and there best return man. That defense will get torched w/o him.

OhioState 04-14-2007 03:12 PM

what a ******. he needs to work on cleaning up his act and staying in shape to make a comeback in a year.

The Great Jonathan Vilma 04-14-2007 04:16 PM

not suprising. he's going to do anything he can so that he can get some money this year.

a year without football to occupy him......might as well just toss him in jail now and be done with it

RaiderNation 04-14-2007 04:18 PM

no chance to overturn it IMO

Dunta_23 04-14-2007 05:03 PM

Also, He has to follow fairly strict guidelines and has to be cleared 100% of all charges in the Las Vegas incident.... plus complete community service and other things before he can apply for re-instatement....it is no guarentee after 16 games that he will be able to come back....that is when he is "eligible" to come back

JT Jag 04-14-2007 05:08 PM

The Titans had already regressed in almost every facet before this.

Now it's total.

If Vince Young turns into the next Steve Young next year, it won't matter. He has NO talent around him, on either side of the ball.

TheChampIsHere 04-14-2007 05:51 PM

Dont think it'll get overturned but of course its worth a shot.

The real important part is he stays in shape and out of trouble and does everything required for him and gets re-instated week 11 and is ready to play when it comes. He got in trouble, the **** happens, its part of life. Lets see if he mans up and takes responsibility for his life and gets proactive about it. If he cant take advantage of this opportunity to turn things around for himself and take advantage of his opportunities, things could get a whole lot worse for him before they get better. Right here he's got an opportunity to admit to his mistakes and make some changes and carry on with what can be a very promising future.

TheChampIsHere 04-14-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JT Jag (Post 304944)
The Titans had already regressed in almost every facet before this.

Now it's total.

If Vince Young turns into the next Steve Young next year, it won't matter. He has NO talent around him, on either side of the ball.

How have they regressed in every facet? Their D is pretty much all the same players. Yeah, they lost some players at HB and WR but they still have Vince and an underrated young OL and I expect they will bring in some talent at HB and WR as well as defense in the coming month. Plus they are still being coached by Jeff Fisher. I dont think they make the playoffs but they should be plenty competitive.

McGahee 04-14-2007 05:59 PM

I bet Pacman's idea of an appeal would be challenging Roger Goodell to a fist fight?

PalmerToCJ 04-14-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JF4 (Post 304509)

If they get swapped to the NFC maybe... Not happening in the AFC.