Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Comeback Year (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672)

ny10804 08-02-2006 01:01 PM

Comeback Year

This stems partially from the ***Nick Barnett*** thread. Favre's TD/INT in 06 was 20/29. Daunte Culpepper's was 6/12 (in 7 games). Extrapolate that over a 16 game span, and it is 13.7/27.4.

My question, with Brett coming back from his worst year, and Daunte trying to come back from a serious knee injury -- who will have the better year in 07?

Vikes99ej 08-02-2006 01:03 PM

Brett Farve.

08-02-2006 01:04 PM

Daunte because he is a better QB right now and has a better supporting cast.

Staubach12 08-02-2006 01:04 PM

Culpepper. Favre threw 5 picks in one practice a few days ago...wow.

cunningham06 08-02-2006 01:08 PM

I like Brett Favre, but I think it's gonna be Daunte. He's got a receiver who's a vertical threat, maybe not as good as Randy Moss, but still good. Also he has a great tight end which he has never really had in Minnesota. Chris Chambers can stretch the defense, and Culpepper is a master of the deep ball, and if they cover deep he can get them across the middle with Randy McMichael. Also he finally has a good running game to take the pressure off of him, so I don't see why he won't have a good season.

Ace 08-02-2006 01:09 PM

Favre is done in my mind and he's only hurting himself by playing another year. He's an INT machine and he doesn't have alot of talent around him like Culpepper does.

Ravens1991 08-02-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunningham06
I like Brett Favre, but I think it's gonna be Daunte. He's got a receiver who's a vertical threat, maybe not as good as Randy Moss, but still good. Also he has a great tight end which he has never really had in Minnesota. Chris Chambers can stretch the defense, and Culpepper is a master of the deep ball, and if they cover deep he can get them across the middle with Randy McMichael. Also he finally has a good running game to take the pressure off of him, so I don't see why he won't have a good season.

agreed.

08-02-2006 01:31 PM

Ughhhhhh... Do I have to choose?

Daunte > Favre
Dolphins > Packers

Smooth Criminal 08-02-2006 01:35 PM

I'll take Culpepper anyday. He has a great WR in Chambers and a good TE in McMicheal. Plus Ronnie Brown in the backfield and Miami's line is better than Green Bay's. Everything looks good for Daunte to have a much better year than Farve.

drowe 08-02-2006 01:41 PM

well, the Dolphins and Packers are my 2 favorite teams, so I hope they both succeed.

I think Culpepper will do well because he has a good supporting cast, including a great deep threat and an awesome recieving tight end.

and i think Favre will do better because he really couldn't do any worse than last year.

ny10804 08-02-2006 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drowe
and i think Favre will do better because he really couldn't do any worse than last year.

The way I worded it in the poll is wrong -- "the" should replace "a". I realized this right after I posted, and edited it in the post, but someone had already voted, so I couldn't fix the poll.

President 08-02-2006 04:24 PM

Daunte Culpepper

Draft King 08-02-2006 04:28 PM

I'm going to say Culpepper has the much better comeback year seeing as the talent on his offense is far greater than that of the Packers, Chambers is a great vertical threat, you can always dump it off to Randy McMichael, and Ronnie Brown is an up and coming RB in the league.

08-02-2006 04:43 PM

Jon Kitna >>> Both of them.

bearsfan_51 08-02-2006 04:46 PM

A good year for Favre will be no concussions and the use of his motor function skills at the end of his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjh75...0brett%20favre

Just for fun.

johbur 08-02-2006 04:59 PM

I think they'll both have better years than last year. Daunte has more proven players around him right now, particularly on the O-Line, and Ronnie Brown is a young terror, so Daunte likely to have a better year than Favre. Daunte will have a good enough year that all those Vikings fans saying they're glad Daunte is gone will only repeat that if they want to be the modern incarnation of the fox and the sour grapes.

Ace 08-02-2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GermaineRace

LMAO

You obviously are a homer or you dont know **** about your QB's.

08-02-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:

LMAO

Kitna actually could have a very good year and hes not a homer b/c hes a browns fan.

portermvp84 08-02-2006 05:07 PM

Daunte Cupeper has alot better offense then Farve does right now.

Twiddler 08-02-2006 05:09 PM

Daunte for this one.

P-L 08-02-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ny10804
Quote:

Originally Posted by drowe

The way I worded it in the poll is wrong -- "the" should replace "a". I realized this right after I posted, and edited it in the post, but someone had already voted, so I couldn't fix the poll.

Fixed.

08-02-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunningham06

Ace 08-02-2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:

LMAO

Kitna actually could have a very good year and hes not a homer b/c hes a browns fan.

Well then I guess he doesn't know his QB's then. He's pretty dumb if he's gonna take a QB who had one good year over two QB's who have good years just about every year.

08-02-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace
Quote:

LMAO

Well then I guess he doesn't know his QB's then. He's pretty dumb if he's gonna take a QB who had one good year over two QB's who have good years just about every year.

I think Kitna will do really well in DET with Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones and Marcus Pollard. They should have a pretty good offense, the best in their division. He could easily put up the same numbers that Daunte does and if you knew anything about QB's you would know Kitna has had more than one good year.

08-02-2006 05:32 PM

F A V R E