Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   CLOSED - NEW SLB POLL COMING (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691)

stephenson86 08-08-2006 08:08 AM

CLOSED - NEW SLB POLL COMING
 
This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to hold the outside

All OLB's have been chosen for either their ability to rush the passer, stop the run, tackle, cover, read plays

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, DE, DT, OLB, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots (Runner Up - Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts)
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Larry Johnson - KC Chiefs)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals (Runner Up - Terrel Owens - Dallas Cowboys)
WR - Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - Marvin Harrison - Inidianapolis Colts)
LT - Walter Jones - Seattle Seahawks (Runner Up - Orlando Pace - St Louis Rams)
LG - Steve Hutchinson - Minnesota Vikings (Runner Up - Larry Allen - Dallas Cowboys)
C - Olin Kreutz - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - LeCharles Bentley - Cleveland Browns)
RG - Will Shields - KC Chiefs (Runner Up - Chris Naeole - Jacksonville Jaguars)
RT - Willie Anderson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - George Foster - Denver Broncos)
TE - Antonio Gates - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Jason Witten - Dallas Cowboys)
RE - Michael Strahan - NY Giants (Runner Up - Dwight Freeney - Indianapolis Colts)
LE - Julius Peppers - Carolina Panthers (Runner Up - Jason Taylor - Miami Dolphins)
DT - Shaun Rogers - Detroit Lions (Runner Up - John Henderson - Jacksonville Jaguars)
DT - Marcus Stroud - Jacksonville Jaguars (Runner Up - Kevin Williams - Minnisota Vikings)
WOLB - Keith Bulluck - Tennessee Titans
MLB -
CB -
FS -
SS -
FB -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS OLB IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST OLB

ADDITION
When DE's and OLB's are selected if the two winners/runners up are from the same side then I will decide who i believe will be best able too cope with a side switch.

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86

stephenson86 08-08-2006 08:12 AM

Due too alot of contrversy regarding keith brooking and a person with multiple accounts i finally decided too do something about it and not have him come in 2nd, instead i decided too run a poll for the SOLB and i have cu the options down and i decided i would add in takeo spikes

Smooth Criminal 08-08-2006 08:31 AM

Brooks easily. I voted for him in the last poll as well.

stephenson86 08-08-2006 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
Brooks easily. I voted for him in the last poll as well.

nice too know ur loyal :wink:

Jughead10 08-08-2006 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
Brooks easily. I voted for him in the last poll as well.

The only problem with Brooks for me is that this is now a SLB poll. I don't know if he is the best SLB out of this group. In the other poll if was definately the second best WLB but I just can't vote for him in this.

America 08-08-2006 09:39 AM

Best SLB is Washington, WLB is Brooks.

Canadian_kid16 08-08-2006 09:41 AM

I voted Brooks...wonder why?? :lol:

The Unseen 08-08-2006 10:24 AM

Only Marcus Washington and LaVar Arrington here are SLBs, and LaVar isn't a true SLB anyways.

What about Guys like DJ Williams or Julian Peterson?

Staubach12 08-08-2006 10:30 AM

Brooks.

draftguru151 08-08-2006 10:33 AM

Explain how Derrick Brooks is winning a SLB poll?

Canadian_kid16 08-08-2006 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Explain how Derrick Brooks is winning a SLB poll?


cause he is that good :lol: but seriously...why not just pick the 2 best OLB's?? not WLB and SLB??

Ho0k Em' 08-08-2006 11:03 AM

TKO

cunningham06 08-08-2006 11:31 AM

I went Takeo Spikes even though he isn't a SLB, he is just the best in this group.

Dillen 08-08-2006 11:32 AM

I cant believe ANYONE voted for Arrington as a SLB. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

cunningham06 08-08-2006 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillen
I cant believe ANYONE voted for Arrington as a SLB. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

What I've thought for years, putting him at SLB is such a waste because he is really good on the weak side. I was worried at first when I heard they were going to play him on the weak side.

Jensen 08-08-2006 11:37 AM

Takeo Spikes, even though he isn't a SLB, but there is only one or two people on the poll who actually are.

pav 08-08-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Explain how Derrick Brooks is winning a SLB poll?

he's not. you turd.

stephenson86 08-08-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unseen
Only Marcus Washington and LaVar Arrington here are SLBs, and LaVar isn't a true SLB anyways.

What about Guys like DJ Williams or Julian Peterson?

for me DJ's performances last year didnt make me feel inspired, and peterson is nowhere near what he used too be

stephenson86 08-08-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16
Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Explain how Derrick Brooks is winning a SLB poll?


cause he is that good :lol: but seriously...why not just pick the 2 best OLB's?? not WLB and SLB??

im thinking if the winner of whis is not a SLB then im going too put bulluck over too that side as hed be the best on that side aswell :lol:

XxXdragonXxX 08-08-2006 12:29 PM

Why did Peterson make the overall OLB poll, but miss the SLB poll? And why is Derrick Brooks on here? He's a WLB...actually, Brooking and Briggs are listed at WLB too.

draftguru151 08-08-2006 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pav
Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Explain how Derrick Brooks is winning a SLB poll?

he's not. you turd.

Ever think he was when I posted that. :roll: Some people.

stephenson86 08-08-2006 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Why did Peterson make the overall OLB poll, but miss the SLB poll? And why is Derrick Brooks on here? He's a WLB...actually, Brooking and Briggs are listed at WLB too.

basically i thought too myself im not going too put on some people who just arent the best any more, i made several errors of judgement in the prior poll

including, peterson, thornton and june

excluding, spikes

XxXdragonXxX 08-08-2006 12:52 PM

Funny...Spikes had the same exact injury as Peterson did. Peterson played alright last year in a new defense that didn't suit him, with no help around him, at about 80% healthy. He simply wasn't fully recovered last year but he is now and he's going to have a great year.

Spikes is going to be the same way, he'll have a below average year and everyone will start claiming he's not his old self, without even giving him a chance to fully recover.

Give the guys injury a chance to heal before you start claiming he isn't good anymore.

stephenson86 08-08-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Funny...Spikes had the same exact injury as Peterson did. Peterson played alright last year in a new defense that didn't suit him, with no help around him, at about 80% healthy. He simply wasn't fully recovered last year but he is now and he's going to have a great year.

Spikes is going to be the same way, he'll have a below average year and everyone will start claiming he's not his old self, without even giving him a chance to fully recover.

Give the guys injury a chance to heal before you start claiming he isn't good anymore.

i just felt when i saw petrson he had no flare any more

XxXdragonXxX 08-08-2006 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephenson86
i just felt when i saw petrson he had no flare any more

That's what happens when your achilles is only 80% healthy...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.