Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   All - NFLDC MLB - Brian Urlacher (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=697)

stephenson86 08-09-2006 07:26 AM

All - NFLDC MLB - Brian Urlacher

This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to command the middle

All MLB's have been chosen for either their ability to rush the passer, stop the run, tackle, cover, read plays, call the defence

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, DE, DT, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots (Runner Up - Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts)
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Larry Johnson - KC Chiefs)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals (Runner Up - Terrel Owens - Dallas Cowboys)
WR - Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - Marvin Harrison - Inidianapolis Colts)
LT - Walter Jones - Seattle Seahawks (Runner Up - Orlando Pace - St Louis Rams)
LG - Steve Hutchinson - Minnesota Vikings (Runner Up - Larry Allen - Dallas Cowboys)
C - Olin Kreutz - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - LeCharles Bentley - Cleveland Browns)
RG - Will Shields - KC Chiefs (Runner Up - Chris Naeole - Jacksonville Jaguars)
RT - Willie Anderson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - George Foster - Denver Broncos)
TE - Antonio Gates - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Jason Witten - Dallas Cowboys)
RE - Michael Strahan - NY Giants (Runner Up - Dwight Freeney - Indianapolis Colts)
DT - Shaun Rogers - Detroit Lions (Runner Up - John Henderson - Jacksonville Jaguars)
DT - Marcus Stroud - Jacksonville Jaguars (Runner Up - Kevin Williams - Minnisota Vikings)
LE - Julius Peppers - Carolina Panthers (Runner Up - Jason Taylor - Miami Dolphins)
WOLB - Keith Bulluck - Tennessee Titans (Runner Up - Derrick Brooks - Tampa Bay)
MLB - Brian Urlacher - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - Ray Lewis - Baltimore Ravens)
SOLB - Takeo Spikes - Buffalo Bills (Runner Up - Marcus Washington - Washington Redskins)
CB -
FS -
SS -
FB -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS MLB IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST MLB

ADDITION
When DE's and OLB's are selected if the two winners/runners up are from the same side then I will decide who i believe will be best able too cope with a side switch.

ADDITION #2
Due too contravrtial circumstances Keith Brooking has not been awarded the runner up for WLB instead it has ben given too third place Derrick Brooks. This comes after twice Brooking recieved a mass influx of votes in a small period of time and P-L announcing someone had multiple accounts on the same IP. I made the decision too not award him the Runner Up. Any Problems PM me.

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86

duckseason 08-09-2006 07:34 AM

I think Urlacher is now carrying the Torch once held by some of the others in the poll. Absolute Beast who's in his prime.
All heart.

Jughead10 08-09-2006 07:39 AM

I'm a little upset Antonio Pierce isn't an option. Not that I would vote for him, but he is better than quite a few guys on this list. You leave Pierce off this poll but you had Carlos Emmons on another? That makes little sense. I love Trotter but I went Urlacher here. He means so much to that defense.

tylaw24 08-09-2006 07:43 AM

Brian Urlacher

duckseason 08-09-2006 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10
I'm a little upset Antonio Pierce isn't an option. Not that I would vote for him, but he is better than quite a few guys on this list. You leave Pierce off this poll but you had Carlos Emmons on another? That makes little sense. I love Trotter but I went Urlacher here. He means so much to that defense.

I agree. If you list a third of the NFL's MLB's, Pierce should definitely be included.
Stephenson must have just over-looked him while browsing the depth charts.

stephenson86 08-09-2006 07:49 AM

Quote:

it was him or barnett, i went with barnett in the end, trust me i considered him

duckseason 08-09-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephenson86
Quote:

it was him or barnett, i went with barnett in the end, trust me i considered him

:P Nice sig quote :wink:

Jughead10 08-09-2006 07:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I would have figured to take London Fletcher or Mike Peterson off. It doesn't really matter. This poll is really only between about 3 people, if that.

Don Vito 08-09-2006 07:56 AM

I am a big fan of both Dan Morgan and Al Wilson but the best MLB in the league has to be Urlacher.

stephenson86 08-09-2006 08:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would have figured to take London Fletcher or Mike Peterson off. It doesn't really matter. This poll is really only between about 3 people, if that.

london fletcher and mike peterson are tckling machines who always make the play

Jughead10 08-09-2006 08:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yet are both not the player that Antonio Pierce is. Both Fletcher and Peterson benefit extremely from the huge DTs they play behind. Well not anymore with Fletcher. However Mike Peterson couldn't even play the MIKE for more than half the teams in the NFL.

draftguru151 08-09-2006 08:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Peterson does put up ridiculous numbers.

I voted ZT because I am an optimistic. :wink: Seriously though, if he didn't hurt his shoulder he would have gotten over 200 tackles last year. easily. Guy is a monster. It will be Vilma in a year or two.

Jughead10 08-09-2006 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Peterson does put up ridiculous numbers.

I voted ZT because I am an optimistic. :wink: Seriously though, if he didn't hurt his shoulder he would have gotten over 200 tackles last year. easily. Guy is a monster. It will be Vilma in a year or two.

I don't know about Vilma being the best in a year or two. Not with Mangini switching to a 3-4 defense. Vilma might be best suited to play a Derrick Brooks role as a WLB in a Cover 2.

draftguru151 08-09-2006 08:28 AM

Why would he play the Derrick Brooks role when he is a dominant MLB?

Jughead10 08-09-2006 08:31 AM

Well I don't think he will be a dominant MLB anymore. Not in a 3-4 defense. He could go elsewhere and still be a dominant MLB, but I think he could be maybe even better in that other role.

draftguru151 08-09-2006 08:33 AM

Quote:

Well I don't think he will be a dominant MLB anymore. Not in a 3-4 defense. He could go elsewhere and still be a dominant MLB, but I think he could be maybe even better in that other role.

Why don't you think he will dominant in the 3-4?

Jughead10 08-09-2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

He is a bit small and not overly strong enough to shed big blockers that he will be facing a 3-4 defense. He won't be awful, but he won't be the player he is right now.

draftguru151 08-09-2006 09:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He is a bit small and not overly strong enough to shed big blockers that he will be facing a 3-4 defense. He won't be awful, but he won't be the player he is right now.

Tell that to Zach Thomas. :?

Jughead10 08-09-2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How much 3-4 did the Dolphins play last year? Zach probably won't be as good of a player in a 3-4 as well. Unless he plays next to a huge ILB. Which I don't think will be the case.

draftguru151 08-09-2006 09:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How much 3-4 did the Dolphins play last year? Zach probably won't be as good of a player in a 3-4 as well. Unless he plays next to a huge ILB. Which I don't think will be the case.

We ran it a good amount and Zach pretty much had his best year.

stephenson86 08-09-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We ran it a good amount and Zach pretty much had his best year.

vilma will donminate still, he jut wont put up as many tackles

DMWSackMachine 08-09-2006 11:04 AM

The scheme may not suit him well, but I gave my vote to Vilma, because I think he's got next. Urlacher is better now. Probably the same with Wilson and Morgan. But I just really like Vilma, and think he has it in him to be a special player.

ShutDwn 08-09-2006 11:12 AM

I am glad Morgan is on there. It is too bad he hasn't played a whole season. I think that if he were truely healthy for a couple seasons he would establich himself as a top 5 MLB in the league and a consistand probowler

my vote is for Urlacher though

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 08-09-2006 11:18 AM

I voted Al Wilson because I am optimistic.

Smooth Criminal 08-09-2006 11:24 AM

I would have thought Farrior would be in the poll. Not a big deal though as Urlacher is the best.