Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   All NFLDC FS - Brian Dawkins (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709)

stephenson86 08-10-2006 01:40 PM

All NFLDC FS - Brian Dawkins

This is too find out who you here aat NFLDC think would be most suited to cover deep

All FS's have been chosen for either their ability to shutdown, stop the run, tackle, cover, read plays

the options are as follows, if you think i have missed someone (i dont think i have) then tell me and if i think ur reason is valid enough i will add them

If a Position has two players on the field (WR, DE, DT, CB) then the top two players on the poll will be selected, wth the higgher of the two being the #1 and the lower being #2

QB - Tom Brady - New England Patriots (Runner Up - Peyton Manning - Indianapolis Colts)
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Larry Johnson - KC Chiefs)
FB - Lorenzo Neal - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Tony Richardson - Minnesota Vikings)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona Cardinals (Runner Up - Terrel Owens - Dallas Cowboys)
WR - Chad Johnson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - Marvin Harrison - Inidianapolis Colts)
LT - Walter Jones - Seattle Seahawks (Runner Up - Orlando Pace - St Louis Rams)
LG - Steve Hutchinson - Minnesota Vikings (Runner Up - Larry Allen - Dallas Cowboys)
C - Olin Kreutz - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - LeCharles Bentley - Cleveland Browns)
RG - Will Shields - KC Chiefs (Runner Up - Chris Naeole - Jacksonville Jaguars)
RT - Willie Anderson - Cincinnati Bengals (Runner Up - George Foster - Denver Broncos)
TE - Antonio Gates - San Diego Chargers (Runner Up - Jason Witten - Dallas Cowboys)
RE - Michael Strahan - NY Giants (Runner Up - Dwight Freeney - Indianapolis Colts)
DT - Shaun Rogers - Detroit Lions (Runner Up - John Henderson - Jacksonville Jaguars)
DT - Marcus Stroud - Jacksonville Jaguars (Runner Up - Kevin Williams - Minnisota Vikings)
LE - Julius Peppers - Carolina Panthers (Runner Up - Jason Taylor - Miami Dolphins)
WOLB - Keith Bulluck - Tennessee Titans (Runner Up - Derrick Brooks - Tampa Bay)
MLB - Brian Urlacher - Chicago Bears (Runner Up - Ray Lewis - Baltimore Ravens)
SOLB - Takeo Spikes - Buffalo Bills (Runner Up - Marcus Washington - Washington Redskins)
CB - Champ Bailey - Denver Broncos (Runner Up - Ken Lucas - Carolina Panthers)
CB - Deangelo Hall - Atlanta Falcons (Runner Up - Chris McCallister - Baltimore Ravens)
FS -
SS -
K -
P -

VOTE AWAY

AND PLEASE NO HOMERISM, IF YOU VOTE AGAINST YOUR TEAMS FS IT WONT MEAN YOU GO TO HELL, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOU DONT THINK HE IS THE BEST FS

ADDITION
When DE's and OLB's are selected if the two winners/runners up are from the same side then I will decide who i believe will be best able too cope with a side switch.

ADDITION #2
Due too contravrtial circumstances Keith Brooking has not been awarded the runner up for WLB instead it has ben given too third place Derrick Brooks. This comes after twice Brooking recieved a mass influx of votes in a small period of time and P-L announcing someone had multiple accounts on the same IP. I made the decision too not award him the Runner Up. Any Problems PM me.

ADDITION #3
Due too a high influx of sudden votes Charles Woodson has been disqualified as a participant in the CB voting. Instead Chris McCallister has taken his spot.

ADDITION # 4
Despite a sudden influx of votes Tony Richardson was still awarded second place.

P.S. the only way that this can be successful is if you vote, please if you vote here check back when your on too see if a new poll has gone up, all votes are crucial as the more votes there are the more set in stone the voice of the voters will be :D

Thanks,
stephenson86

Jughead10 08-10-2006 01:42 PM

I still think you should switch Strahan and Peppers sides. But my vote is for Dawkins.

Dillen 08-10-2006 01:43 PM

Dawkins now, Taylor next year.

08-10-2006 01:43 PM

this is no contest, taylor for sure.

stephenson86 08-10-2006 01:45 PM

i was going too only put dawkins and taylor :lol:

Pit Bull #53 08-10-2006 01:45 PM

Brian Dawkins

Jensen 08-10-2006 01:49 PM

Brian Dawkins.

smittyjs 08-10-2006 01:51 PM

Sean Taylor

Canadian_kid16 08-10-2006 01:52 PM

this poll shouldn't be open very long...I say whoever gets to 20 first is the starter and thoe other guy is the backup

Splat 08-10-2006 01:52 PM

I'am a Chiefs fan and Greg Wesley should not even be on the poll.

Splat 08-10-2006 01:53 PM

Brian Dawkins

RyanLeaf#1 08-10-2006 01:54 PM

Sean Taylor is a beast

cunningham06 08-10-2006 01:57 PM

Brian Dawkins because he's better in coverage than Sean Taylor, is excellent in run support, is good at blitzing, has pretty much mastered every nuance of his position.

SuperMcGee 08-10-2006 01:58 PM

B-Dawks

The Legend 08-10-2006 02:17 PM

even thou Ed Reed should be here of course B Dawk

cunningham06 08-10-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Legend

When Ed Reed has a safety to play next to him, he is a Strong Safety, so he is where he belongs.

scar988 08-10-2006 02:22 PM

Quote:

Bryan Scott
he should not even be near this list. he was the main reason why our pass defense on the right side and the run defense woere so bad. teams would run to the outside so that they could flow to him and then he woudl miss the tackle and they woudl get 20 more yards. he can't read plays at all and is a horrible player since his consussion halfway through 2004.

The Legend 08-10-2006 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:

When Ed Reed has a safety to play next to him, he is a Strong Safety, so he is where he belongs.

i see him play more free safety but he is a tool that can play any postion so he is like every where on the field

lil lb / cb /s he can do any thing but i dont think the ravens follow like ss or fs i think they have there own postions in there crazy d

jackalope 08-10-2006 02:24 PM

it's gonna be realy close between Taylor and Dawkins. i voter Taylor.

XxXdragonXxX 08-10-2006 02:25 PM

Dwight Smith and Bryan Scott? OK, I don't wanna sound like a homer (ok, I don't care if I sound like a homer,) but Ken Hamlin should definately be on there above those guys.

08-10-2006 02:28 PM

Bob Sanders should be on here over hamlin, scott and smith

cunningham06 08-10-2006 02:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cunningham06
Quote:

i see him play more free safety but he is a tool that can play any postion so he is like every where on the field

lil lb / cb /s he can do any thing but i dont think the ravens follow like ss or fs i think they have there own postions in there crazy d

Yes, but all the years in Baltimore when he was playing next to Demps he was playing SS, that's his natural position. Dawan Landry might start this season instead of Ward, and the Ravens might even play a 4-4 with one safety. This is beside the point but didn't you use to be Brian Dawkins?

The Legend 08-10-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway

ya wtf he a top Safety

Here My list not in orderDawkins
Reed
Troy P
Sanders
Taylor

XxXdragonXxX 08-10-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

No, Bob Sanders should not be part of this poll. All he can do is hit.

08-10-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX
Quote:

No, Bob Sanders should not be part of this poll. All he can do is hit.

the same thing is said about roy williams but hes in the SS poll