Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mike Bell (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=738)

Jimmy 08-20-2006 05:03 PM

Mike Bell

Before you read this, consider that it might be coming from a homer.

Mike Bell. Undrafted Free Agent out of Arizona. Ran in the 4.6's for NFL scouts.. maybe a mid round pick if not for that.

The thing is, you watch him, he looks like a pretty speedy guy. I bring it up, because you could watch him at arizona and tell he was fast, but just because he didnt put numbers on paper, his stock plummets.

so the Denver Broncos pick him up. Sign him. $20,000 signing bonus. Big deal. Just a roster filler. Tatum Bell is gonna start and Dayne will be a goal line guy. Right? Wrong. Mike Bell takes the starting Job. He is already being compared to Terrell Davis. Good, Right??

Wrong. It's not fair. You can't compare the guy to TD after 2 weeks of preseason football. Sure, he has come in the same way TD had, under the radar, but why cant he just be "Mike Bell?"

He is so under the radar, he won't even be in this year's Madden 2007.
Crazy for a back who will be starting come week 1 for the NFL's best rushing offense over the last decade. Still, things are still to be seen from him. Maybe i'll belive the hype if he pieces together 2 more good games.

Enough telling you what you already know about his past. I wanna know how in the world we picked this guy out of the rough. Him starting week 1 might still be a questionable act, but i wanna know what others think about him. Is he just a fluke RB in the Denver system? Will he rush for 1,200 yards this year, or will he wither into the backup or 3rd string job.

Paranoidmoonduck 08-20-2006 05:06 PM

I got a good look at Mike Bell at Arizona, but I refuse to decide how well he'll do until I at least see a pre-season game with him in it. If he is really succeeding in the zone blocking system then I assume he has a chance to at least get 1000 yards, but in the same vein, Tatum Bell is supremely talented and could become a Portis clone. I think how many yards Mike runs for has more to do with how much Tatum improves.

njx9 08-20-2006 05:06 PM

i still doubt he's the opening day starter.

i think i'd rather see cobbs right now, but *shrug*

P-L 08-20-2006 05:10 PM

I really liked Bell at Arizona, however, I don't think he's a starting RB just yet.

08-20-2006 05:12 PM

Well, if he is actually the "real deal" and gets the majortiy of starts this season than i see him as the Mike Anderson type. He is probably just a product of the system, but production is production...i'll have to see him action though, before i make a definite decision.

ninerfan 08-20-2006 05:12 PM

I did consider this and came up with this thought - HOMER

njx9 08-20-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninerfan

quality addition to the thread. you don't even know who mike bell is, do you?

ninerfan 08-20-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:

He's an undrafted free agent who burnt it up for 1 pre season game. Big s**t. Can I start a thread on every player who looked good in pre season - Alex Smith, Gore, Delanie Walker, VD ?????

Jimmy wrote: 'Before you read this, consider that it might be coming from a homer. '

I did consider it and yes it did smack of homer

njx9 08-20-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:

He's an undrafted free agent who burnt it up for 1 pre season game. Big s**t. Can I start a thread on every player who looked good in pre season - Alex Smith, Gore, Delanie Walker, VD ?????

Jimmy wrote: 'Before you read this, consider that it might be coming from a homer. '

I did consider it and yes it did smack of homer

he's also currently #1 on denver's depth chart. shanahan picked him up. so he's in a great system, with a coach with a great eye for guys who fit the system. can't imagine why anyone but a homer might think he'll succeed.

but i guess in ninerland, you just get so jaded by the complete lack of talent that anyone saying anythin about a guy on their own team being good "smacks of homer".

TitleTown088 08-20-2006 06:13 PM

he''ll do alright.

raiderfan_89 08-20-2006 06:21 PM

Tatu Bell will get a few runs during season and will shove it in Shanny's face,I truly hope T.Bell leaves the Broncos to come to the silver and black.

elway777 08-20-2006 06:29 PM

I think Tatum Bell will be the starter by opening day.

08-20-2006 06:40 PM

Mike Bell is a 79 on madden i dont know what you are talking about saying he is under the radar.

Denver Bronco99 08-20-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21
Mike Bell is a 79 on madden i dont know what you are talking about saying he is under the radar.

yea he is on madden and he is a 79

njx9 08-20-2006 07:16 PM

they rated him higher than backs that actually got drafted?

ha.

America 08-20-2006 07:16 PM

The Bells need some sort of nickname in Denver's backfield.

The Unseen 08-20-2006 07:22 PM

Quote:

And Maurice Drew is a 75.

Eek.

Denver Bronco99 08-20-2006 07:47 PM

but if bell starts do you honestly think he wont deserve a 79 rating? i mean come on if he starts and stays healthy...he will easily top 1100+

The Bell Bros!..idk i have been trying to think of a nick name since we singed mike

turninandburnin1 08-20-2006 07:49 PM

he's with the Broncos a team that creates great RB's.

The Unseen 08-20-2006 07:51 PM

True, but I don't think Bell has the measurables that Drew has. Mo Drew has speed/agility type rating in the mid-90s.

Stats 08-20-2006 07:56 PM

Well, if anyone has actually seen him play this preseason, it's obvious he's the best downhill runner on the Broncos. He sees the hole and hits it better than any back on the team. He runs with power and has the ability to break the big play. He can run between the tackles or outside. And he does a good job in short yardage and goal line(2 TDs on the goal line last nite).

Boston 08-20-2006 07:58 PM

Wow. I looked at the title of the thread and i knew it was going to be about a denver running back. I was thinking it was mike anderson, while confusing the last name of tatum bell. :roll: :oops:

Denver Bronco99 08-20-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stats
Well, if anyone has actually seen him play this preseason, it's obvious he's the best downhill runner on the Broncos. He sees the hole and hits it better than any back on the team. He runs with power and has the ability to break the big play. He can run between the tackles or outside. And he does a good job in short yardage and goal line(2 TDs on the goal line last nite).

exactly...he gets it done..might not have 4.3 speed like Bell or 240+ size like Danye...but he gets it done

Staubach12 08-20-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56
Quote:

exactly...he gets it done..might not have 4.3 speed like Bell or 240+ size like Danye...but he gets it done

I like him :)

Geo 08-20-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately for the Ponies, they can't just play the Lions and the Titans.