Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Should Chris Simms be benched? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778)

Ward 09-17-2006 03:26 PM

Should Chris Simms be benched?

The kid had thrown ZERO touchdowns and SIX interceptions in 2 games this season... what are they waiting for?

intergalacticspacemonkey 09-17-2006 03:27 PM

Who is their backup, is Tim Rattay still on the team?

09-17-2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intergalacticspacemonkey
Who is their backup, is Tim Rattay still on the team?

They do have some rookie that the city is happy about let him play

RCAChainGang 09-17-2006 03:31 PM

I dont think so. I think you got to have faith in yout man.

09-17-2006 03:32 PM

They shouldn't have let Brian Griese go.

Gribble 09-17-2006 03:32 PM

Let the Gradkowski era begin.

09-17-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gribble

I agree, that way the Saints would finish 3rd in the division at the very least.

danman253 09-17-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1SaintsFan

Griese shouldn't of left either. With the way grossman is playing, he'll never see the field for serious gametime.

The Unseen 09-17-2006 03:35 PM

Give him, eh, two games.

09-17-2006 03:42 PM

Re: Should Chris Simms be benched?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ward
The kid had thrown ZERO touchdowns and SIX interceptions in 2 games this season... what are they waiting for?

no now go away.

:wink:

SuperMcGee 09-17-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gribble

I agree, that way the Saints would finish 3rd in the division at the very least.

Why settle for third when you already have a 2 game hold on 2nd? :D

diabsoule 09-17-2006 04:06 PM

Chris Simms have finally shown finally what I've been saying all along. He's overhyped and overrated.

Bruce Gradkowski will be a more efficient quarterback for the Bucs than Simms will. All Simms is is a glorified backup.

SeanTaylorRIP 09-17-2006 04:16 PM

I just laughed seeing Major Applewhites name up there.

Vince Lombardi 09-17-2006 04:19 PM

Trent Green and Chris Simms are my fanatsy QB's. :evil:

bearsfan_51 09-17-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:

Griese shouldn't of left either. With the way grossman is playing, he'll never see the field for serious gametime.

They cut him in a salary move, really didn't even talk to him about restructuring.

But yes, I agree, having Griese would be big for them right now. I don't think they should bench Simms because quite frankly they have no one else with real starter potential. Let the kid sink or swim. If he's not what they thought he was they'll have to figure it out in the offseason.

JETS5128 09-17-2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Quote:

They cut him in a salary move, really didn't even talk to him about restructuring.

But yes, I agree, having Griese would be big for them right now. I don't think they should bench Simms because quite frankly they have no one else with real starter potential. Let the kid sink or swim. If he's not what they thought he was they'll have to figure it out in the offseason.

But if they let him sink, they're throwing away a year of brooks,rice and barber who are getting older and slower each year

09-17-2006 04:31 PM

No, he shouldn't be benched. He has a slow release, but this offense being poorly executed is mostly because of the OFFENSIVE LINE.

Simms hasn't been getting pressured, but the OL hasn't opened any holes whatsoever.

So Ward, yes Simms has had a bad start, but what about Cadillac Williams?

Caddy has had 59 yards on 23 carries (2.56 yards per carry).

Why don't you have a "Bench Caddy thread"?

bearsfan_51 09-17-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JETS5128
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:

Quote:

But if they let him sink, they're throwing away a year of brooks,rice and barber who are getting older and slower each year

But if they put in Bruce Gratowski (who is currently ahead of Tim Rattay on the depth chart) they are going to start winning games?

Good logic.

By all likelyhood this season is shot, Simms will be gone next year, and the Bucs will go back into rebuilding mode. But they at least have to play the hand their dealt and hope for the best.

JETS5128 09-17-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simms2Clayton
No, he shouldn't be benched. He has a slow release, but this offense being poorly executed is mostly because of the OFFENSIVE LINE.

Simms hasn't been getting pressured, but the OL hasn't opened any holes whatsoever.

So Ward, yes Simms has had a bad start, but what about Cadillac Williams?

Caddy has had 59 yards on 23 carries (2.56 yards per carry).

Why don't you have a "Bench Caddy thread"?

Cuz he hasn't fumbled 6 times

Geo 09-17-2006 04:45 PM

I'm going to be brutally truthful here:

The Bucs weren't going to make the playoffs anyway. Look at their schedule (they have 3 tough cold-weather games in the month of December alone, for crying out loud), and any chances they had rested on an early start - which is obviously out of the picture, thanks to injuries in the OL and an inability to execute.

So they have to play Chris Simms.

He's signed to a 1-year tender, as a RFA. They have to absolutely know what they have, or don't have, in him before the year ends and they have to make a decision on the position. No matter what, he has to start.

09-17-2006 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Trent Green and Chris Simms are my fanatsy QB's. :evil:

:shock: :lol:

VoteLynnSwan 09-17-2006 04:50 PM

no

draftguru151 09-17-2006 04:51 PM

It won't matter because this team is so awful.

bearsfan_51 09-17-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo
I'm going to be brutally truthful here:

The Bucs weren't going to make the playoffs anyway. Look at their schedule (they have 3 tough cold-weather games in the month of December alone, for crying out loud), and any chances they had rested on an early start - which is obviously out of the picture, thanks to injuries in the OL and an inability to execute.

So they have to play Chris Simms.

He's signed to a 1-year tender, as a RFA. They have to absolutely know what they have, or don't have, in him before the year ends and they have to make a decision on the position. No matter what, he has to start.

:lol: That's basically just a more-detailed version of what I already said.

bearsfan_51 09-17-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
It won't matter because this team is so awful.

Should the Dolphins bench Daunte?