Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Best defense in the NFL (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=779)

intergalacticspacemonkey 09-17-2006 07:30 PM

Best defense in the NFL

Chicago and San Diego only allowed one touchdown, but played terrible teams. Baltimore only allowed six points and played one good team that is offensively challenged.

Who do you think has the best defense?

Namy 09-17-2006 07:31 PM

Denver has not allowed a single TD.

bearfan 09-17-2006 07:31 PM

I honestly dont belive the Bears have the best D. Sure they dont give up the points, but htey do give up the yards now.

Ravens1991 09-17-2006 07:31 PM

homerism is oozing out so I choose not to vote.

09-17-2006 07:32 PM

its chicago until they play bad.

since when does playing well agianst good teams make you worse?

danman253 09-17-2006 07:32 PM

Seattle isn't the best, but they deserve to be an option.

sweetness34 09-17-2006 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danman253
Seattle isn't the best, but they deserve to be an option.

Agreed....

Gribble 09-17-2006 07:35 PM

San Diego for me. Amazing pressure with their front three and linebackers.

Twiddler 09-17-2006 07:35 PM

Bears. But it'll be interesting to see how they play later on when they get some rougher teams.

bearsfan_51 09-17-2006 07:35 PM

I'm glad the Chargers are making me look good. I said before the season started that they were the 2nd best D in the league (of course whooping the Raiders and Titans doesn't take much).

Anyway, it's Chicago. Chicago was the best last year and they only got better. What is there really even to argue?

SeanTaylorRIP 09-17-2006 07:36 PM

Baltimore right now.

HawkeyeFan 09-17-2006 07:41 PM

Guess who voted other and why 8)

No, I'm kidding I voted Chicago.

09-17-2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namy
Denver has not allowed a single TD.

And they arent even an option :lol:

Moses 09-17-2006 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
I'm glad the Chargers are making me look good. I said before the season started that they were the 2nd best D in the league (of course whooping the Raiders and Titans doesn't take much).

Anyway, it's Chicago. Chicago was the best last year and they only got better. What is there really even to argue?

It's debatable that the Bears were the best last year, but I won't bother debating that since it's a moot point.

Last year doesn't matter that much because even if the Bears got better, so did other teams. Say the Bears were a A- defence last year, with the next best team being a B+. Maybe the Bears improve to A this year, but the team that was B+ improved to A+.

intergalacticspacemonkey 09-17-2006 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51

We'll Detroit did tear them up at the start of the 3rd quarter.

keylime_5 09-17-2006 07:52 PM

Chicago followed by San Diego. Baltimore isn't even top 5, they just have played really really bad teams the first 2 weeks (oakland should have the top pick in the draft, and Tampa has been the worst offense in the NFC to date)

draftguru151 09-17-2006 08:30 PM

1. Bears
2. Chargers
3. Baltimore

One team that no one said is Pittsburgh. They have a great run D, and pass D is darn good too.

sweetness34 09-17-2006 08:39 PM

I'm extremely critical of our defense, and IMO we haven't played like we're capable of yet, and that's scary.

And in today's game I was very disappointed. Maybe it was the game plan, or maybe it was just how we played, but our pass coverage was not good IMO. We left to many guys open.

Run defense was very good, as was the pressure on Kitna, but not the pass defense.

To be honest, we don't look like a top tier defense right now. And maybe I'm being to critical, but it's just how I see it.

Ravens1991 09-17-2006 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5
Chicago followed by San Diego. Baltimore isn't even top 5, they just have played really really bad teams the first 2 weeks (oakland should have the top pick in the draft, and Tampa has been the worst offense in the NFC to date)

please name 5 defenses better, I know I wouldnt call them #1 due to the teams they have played so far.

nrk 09-17-2006 08:52 PM

Quote:

What are you talking about? They all played really really bad teams in the first 2 weeks. San Diego played Oakland as well if you forgot, and Tenessee, Chicago beat Green Bay and Detroit, while Baltimore beat Oakland and Tampa Bay. I still say Chicago, but you can't say they didn't play equally bad teams, and atleast Tampa Bay was a playoff team.

sweetness34 09-17-2006 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravens1991
Quote:

please name 5 defenses better, I know I wouldnt call them #1 due to the teams they have played so far.

I'm with ya. Baltimore is a very good defense. Ray looks to be back to his old form, although I don't think he's as good. Your secondary is insanely good. Your DL is underrated IMO and you've got a nice LB core.

16_SFfan_80 09-17-2006 08:54 PM

1) Baltimore
2) Bears
3) Chargers
4) Falcons
5) Broncos

Ravens are looking like a Super Bowl team.

The Unseen 09-17-2006 08:55 PM

Not sure right now. Ravens, Bears, and Chargers are impressive so far, but all against bad teams so far.

yourfavestoner 09-17-2006 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unseen
Not sure right now. Ravens, Bears, and Chargers are impressive so far, but all against bad teams so far.

Agreed. I personally feel Jacksonville will have a top 5 defense coming against a very hard schedule.

sweetness34 09-17-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unseen

Detroit is not a bad team. They're an average team and I'll keep saying that.

I mean they did play with Seattle.

They're a solid offensive team and a solid defensive team.