Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Whos the best CB in the league? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801)

10-01-2006 02:10 PM

Whos the best CB in the league?

me and my friend are arguing over whos the best CB in the league.

he says its Deangelo Hall, i say its Champ Bailey.

then he says bailey is too old and i told him hes only 28 and he still said too old. I would take Champ Bailey over any CB in the NFL right now.

who do you think is the best CB?

remix 6 10-01-2006 02:11 PM

Champ Bailey. A great QB like Tom Brady stayed completely away from him and Champ has been the best for quiet some time now. Hall has the potential to be in a year or 2 but not today

Basileus777 10-01-2006 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remix 6
Champ Bailey. A great QB like Tom Brady stayed completely away from him and Champ has been the best for quiet some time now. Hall has the potential to be in a year or 2 but not today

Bailey is the best, but that example isn't great. Obviously Brady isn't going to count on Troy Brown to beat out Bailey.

10-01-2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777
Quote:

Bailey is the best, but that example isn't great. Obviously Brady isn't going to count on Troy Brown to beat out Bailey.

Still, he didn't even look that way during the game.

Homicide 10-01-2006 02:26 PM

Ty Law. He had like what 10 interceptions last year. He has been one of the most consistant CBs over his career.

ShutDwn 10-01-2006 02:26 PM

Hall isn't even second best. Stop overrating him.

JETS5128 10-01-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homicide
Ty Law. He had like what 10 interceptions last year. He has been one of the most consistant CBs over his career.

No, he got all those off of gambles, he got burned twice as many times as the picks he got

remix 6 10-01-2006 02:42 PM

scientific football book says he allowed least YPC average or up in top 3 i believe..you guys are underrating him because hes not a Jet anymore

JETS5128 10-01-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

scientific football book says he allowed least YPC average or up in top 3 i believe..you guys are underrating him because hes not a Jet anymore

No, i watched the games, there is no stat for trying to jump a route and getting beat

ShutDwn 10-01-2006 02:48 PM

Quote:

He was in years before, but you can't judge CBs by INTs.

Because Deltha Oneal would be considerd a top corner.

A lot of Hall's INTs came from huge over throws.

10-01-2006 02:48 PM

Quote:

INT's are a bad way to measure how good a CB is. Ty Law is not even top 15

jkpigskin 10-01-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardsalltheway
Quote:

INT's are a bad way to measure how good a CB is. Ty Law is not even top 15

i agree with the int comment

champ is the best currently but deangleo hall is well on his way to becoming #1

DraftMichaelHuff 10-01-2006 03:14 PM

Hall played another great game today covering Fitzgerald as well as its possible to cover fitzgerald, he had numerous pass deflection and a vital INT return for a TD
Best CB is still Bailey because of his consistancy but no for long, by that i mean i think my answer would be HALL if this was week 16

Splat 10-01-2006 03:16 PM

Champ Bailey is the best all around CB he will shut down your best WR and help stop the run.

Pokeys 10-01-2006 03:17 PM

Terrance Newman, He hasnt been beat for a touchdown pass since the 2004 season.

Denver Bronco99 10-01-2006 03:28 PM

i mean no homer but after watching the pat game...it shows why champ is the best...he gets respect by all the QB he was not tested at all but once in that cover 2 play and still was not a complettion...he took away a whole half of the field

and not trying to take away anything from hall i actually get to see alot of atl games with sunday ticket, and he gets alot of his INTS from tipped balls not him jumping a route or somthing..

GB12 10-01-2006 03:32 PM

Al Harris. Hes the best CB in the NFL how can you not even have him as an option. Even Chad Johnson says he's the best, how much more proof do you want.

I am not serious about any of the above.

Splat 10-01-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Thank God!

remix 6 10-01-2006 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12
Al Harris. Hes the best CB in the NFL how can you not even have him as an option. Even Chad Johnson says he's the best, how much more proof do you want.

chad johnson lies. he said he was gonna knock Harrison's helmet off and when he came near him before..he ducked and went down on his own

Boston 10-01-2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JETS5128
Quote:

No, i watched the games, there is no stat for trying to jump a route and getting beat

So that means that if a quarterback always throws screen passes or dumpoff passes and his RB's take it all the way each time, he is the best QB in the league?

Staubach12 10-01-2006 04:27 PM

Age has nothing to do with talent. Your friend is an idiot. He's not good because he's old...psh.

Shane P. Hallam 10-01-2006 04:29 PM

Champ is still there, but no CB is shutdown and sometimes he gets burned too. My homerself thinks Ike Taylor is underrated, but nowhere near the top of course, but he's young...

njx9 10-01-2006 04:42 PM

right this very minute? champ wins.

next year? i think deangelo hall could make some VERY good arguments for being number one, assuming that nothing changes between now and then.

ty law at #1 based on ints is a complete joke.

terrance newman not getting beat for a TD is a deceptive stat, unless you can give me a good reason that he doesn't always match up on a team's #1 WR like champ and deangelo do.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-01-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokeys

Not a Homer pick at all, I am a Ravens fans so I could easily say Chris McCalister but the best Corner right now is Champ but DHall is gonna be a stud for the next decade.

Pokeys 10-01-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokeys

Not a Homer pick at all, I am a Ravens fans so I could easily say Chris McCalister but the best Corner right now is Champ but DHall is gonna be a stud for the next decade.

Sarcasm?

Too me there is no definitive "Best" cornerback in the NFL right now. Terrance newman isnt the best but he is up there. Just watch him play.