Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Charlie Frye grade? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804)

10-02-2006 10:56 AM

Charlie Frye grade?

How do you think he is faring in the NFL? Im bias so I want other opinions.

Completion % = 63.2
PassTD = 5
INT = 7
RushTD = 3
totalTD = 8

Total yards = 866 (217 ypg)

YPG leaders.....(total pass yards)
League Leader = 1112
FRYE = 866
League average = 590

Fumbles=2
Fumbles lost=2

QB rating = 73.6

For having still, not a great OL, WR's have been hurt, along with starting RB and Bentley out for the year, how do you think Frye is doing for the Browns? Is he worth keeping as the starting QB of the future?

dcarey20 10-02-2006 11:04 AM

I'm not even gonna vote because you only gave us two options...will he be the answer or will be a career back up?

I don't think he'll ever be a pro-bowler who saves the franchise, but I don't think he will be a career back up either.

I think he will be solid but unspectacular. He must be more consistent and make some better decisions...

sweetness34 10-02-2006 11:09 AM

Frye's going to be a good QB. He just needs some time and a running game. But I like his potential.

Twiddler 10-02-2006 11:11 AM

Like dcarey said I think he could be a solid starter in the league but just won't be the Pro Bowl type.

bearsfan_51 10-02-2006 11:20 AM

Well I'm obviously very biased but I agree that he should be the starter for at least another year or two. There are plenty of positions outside of QB that the Browns need to try to upgrade on before him. The O-line stinks, the running game stinks, the secondary stinks, there is little passrushing unless they blitz. If I were the Browns I would start looking at corners in this years draft. Leigh Bodden is pretty good but beyond that I wouldn't count on anyone contributing much for this team.

On another note, I hope they don't fire Savage or Crennel. Give the guys some time, christ at least these Browns are competitive.

jkpigskin 10-02-2006 11:41 AM

well i like to say that he was a steal in the 3rd.. he has good poise and is confident... i really like his potential

RyanLeaf#1 10-02-2006 11:48 AM

He could of thrown the game away this week like he did last week. Why does he keep throwing interceptions in the redzone in the 4th quarter. Hes lucky he was playing the Raiders and not any other team.

bearsfan_51 10-02-2006 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1
He could of thrown the game away this week like he did last week. Why does he keep throwing interceptions in the redzone in the 4th quarter. Hes lucky he was playing the Raiders and not any other team.

Cause he's a product of the Willard education system.

The Unseen 10-02-2006 11:52 AM

He hasn't started a full year yet, so I would lay off a bit before assessments are made.

IRONMAN27 10-02-2006 11:59 AM

He's been good, but every QB's stats get a nice little boost after playing Oakland

turninandburnin1 10-02-2006 12:16 PM

I think he'll gain some good skills over the years. But at the same time he wont save the franchise but he also wont be a career back up.

Geo 10-02-2006 12:49 PM

Remember Jeff Garcia's stupid throw last year against the Bears in overtime, which was intercepted and returned for a GW TD?

Frye's 4th quarter INT was at least twice as stupid.

:?

P-L 10-02-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo
Remember Jeff Garcia's stupid throw last year against the Bears in overtime, which was intercepted and returned for a GW TD?

I didn't see Frye's INT, but was it THAT bad? The Garcia INT was the stupidest decision I've ever seen im my life. He could've just as well ran backwards, put it in the endzone for the Bears, and walked off the field.

10-02-2006 01:03 PM

He is defenitaly our future, probably not a hall of famer but good nonetheless. I could see him going to a pro bowl or two.

He has all the intagibles to be good, plus amazing pocket manuvering abilities and strong enough arm.

He just needs some experience and a decent o-line.

Flyboy 10-02-2006 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo

I didn't see Frye's INT, but was it THAT bad? The Garcia INT was the stupidest decision I've ever seen im my life. He could've just as well ran backwards, put it in the endzone for the Bears, and walked off the field.

:D

portermvp84 10-02-2006 01:57 PM

He could be something down the line, but I don't see anything now based on the stats from this year so far.

10-02-2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portermvp84
He could be something down the line, but I don't see anything now based on the stats from this year so far.

You of all people should now that stats can be misleading. :lol:

18 point comebacks tell the story.

ShutDwn 10-02-2006 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo

I didn't see Frye's INT, but was it THAT bad?.

Yes.

The Unseen 10-02-2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Yes.
I just saw it half an hour ago. Wooowwwowowow.

Staubach12 10-02-2006 11:17 PM

He'll be fine. Frye is young, and he's working with a young supporting cast. He'll come around.

keylime_5 10-02-2006 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiddler
Like dcarey said I think he could be a solid starter in the league but just won't be the Pro Bowl type.

If Jake Delhomme and Brad Johnson are pro bowlers then Frye can go to multiple stints in Honolulu. He is the second coming of Tarkenton. Give him an OL and he'll be dynamite with all those weapons.

yourfavestoner 10-03-2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twiddler

If Jake Delhomme and Brad Johnson are pro bowlers then Frye can go to multiple stints in Honolulu. He is the second coming of Tarkenton. Give him an OL and he'll be dynamite with all those weapons.

I think he's in the wrong offense right now.

In my opinion, he's perfectly suited for a West Coast Offense. He has good pocket presence, is fairly mobile, scrambles to avoid pressure, ran the WCO in college, and it would help hide his greatest flaw, which is his lack of arm strength.

keylime_5 10-04-2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by portermvp84

If you haven't seen Charlie running around making those throws on rollouts and what not then you shouldn't be making calls on how good he is. (i'm talking to everybody) He looks better than his stats; has all the intangables and his arm is really underrated compared to the criticiscm it gets

Philliez01 10-04-2006 07:29 PM

Considering he's never really played a full season, there's going to be many ups and downs. Winslow and Edwards have looked good thus far so the future for CLE is pretty bright. Basically the QB Chart, he's in the middle:

-Tom Brady
-Peyton Manning
-Carson Palmer

-Charlie Frye

-Ken Dorsey
-Koy Detmer

brownsrodeo88 10-04-2006 07:47 PM

So far he's been as good as anyone could ask him to be with whats around him. He has an underrated receiving corps IMO, but the offensive line and running game arent doing him any big favors... then again neither is trying to chuck it cross body to the other end of the field while on the run.