Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Eli, Rivers, or Big Ben (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820)

ricky bobby 10-09-2006 08:13 AM

Eli, Rivers, or Big Ben

Now that all three have starts under their belts, who is the better QB? For the last 2-3 years i've been hearing from Eli haters that he was picked #1 overall just because he was a Manning. Haters were always pointing out how great big ben was doing in Pittsburg his rookie year. So i'm just here to say... WHAT NOW?? I'm sorry about all the emotion. Give me your thoughts.

LTgiants 10-09-2006 08:26 AM

eli

Staubach12 10-09-2006 08:36 AM

Eli Manning will never be as good as Peyton, IMO. He does have good tools, though. He also runs the offense very well, and he has tons of talent. I like Manning, and he has a very bright future.

Phillip Rivers has lots of potential, and he showed last night that he can be more than a game manager. Whether he can eveolve into a great QB is up to Marty Schottenheimer and the opportunities he choses to provide to Rivers. He's still getting used to this offense as this is only his 1st year as a starter.

For the past 2 years, Ben Roethlisberger has been nothing more than a glorified game manager. Now that Bettis is gone and the run game isn't functioning as it has in the past few years, Roethlisberger has been asked to do more than be a game manager. He's been asked to start to become a QB. Roethlisberger has shown that he will never be a great QB. Roethlisberger is a great game manager, but he's not a good QB.

So now...
1.Manning
2.Rivers
3.Roethlisberger

Manning is the best as of now, but if Marty Schottenheimer allows Rivers to evolve as a QB, he could pass up Manning.

draftguru151 10-09-2006 08:37 AM

Rivers.

ricky bobby 10-09-2006 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151
Rivers.

Would you like to explain your selection??

smittyjs 10-09-2006 08:45 AM

Philip Rivers

sweetness34 10-09-2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricky bobby
Quote:

Rivers.

Why does he have to? You didn't make ltgiants explain his....

steelersfan43 10-09-2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Rivers.

wat!!!!!!! some1 dontz liek maningzorbs!!!!

smittyjs 10-09-2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

Quote:

Rivers.

Why does he have to? You didn't make ltgiants explain his....

i was thinking the same thing :?

ricky bobby 10-09-2006 08:48 AM

Alright. Everyone explain your selections

Staubach12 10-09-2006 08:52 AM

I'm the only one that has, and no one says a word to me. :?

ricky bobby 10-09-2006 08:55 AM

Manning 1149 yards 9 TDs 5 INTS 97.1 QB rating
Rivers 730 yards 5 TDs 2 INTS 94.5 QB rating
Ben 569 yards 0 TDs 7 INTS 41.7 QB rating

This years stats. please don't come on here and tell me stats mean nothing.

steelersfan43 10-09-2006 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staubach12

You did a nice little job, yes you did. :wink:

Staubach12 10-09-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelersfan43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Staubach12

You did a nice little job, yes you did. :wink:

:roll: :lol:

Giant4life 10-09-2006 09:02 AM

Quote:

Man, no touchdown's for Ben :shock:

Staubach12 10-09-2006 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant4life
Quote:

Man, no touchdown's for Ben :shock:

Ben is awul. I've said he's overrated since his first win when everyone was like, "OMG!1!11 OMG!1!!1 big ben ownzzz!1!111!!"

Number 10 10-09-2006 09:13 AM

I thank Big Ben for proving me right. He is better than he is playing right now, but his weaknesses are clearly being exploited and he no longer can depend on the best rushing attack in the NFL. I love the fact that he looks so awful right now. I remember getting chastised by so many on this board for wanting Eli over him last Spring.

Rivers is nasty, so accurate. I'm not sure Eli can keep this level of play over the course of the season, but if he can, he is above Rivers. I see Rivers being a more consistent QB while Eli will be more up and down. But both are on their way to being top 5 QBs within the next 3-4 years.

Vince Lombardi 10-09-2006 09:20 AM

Rivers for me. As I said in the Rivers thread him and Eli are pretty equal as far as being able to make all of the throws but Rivers takes it in other categories.

ricky bobby 10-09-2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10
I thank Big Ben for proving me right. He is better than he is playing right now, but his weaknesses are clearly being exploited and he no longer can depend on the best rushing attack in the NFL. I love the fact that he looks so awful right now. I remember getting chastised by so many on this board for wanting Eli over him last Spring.

Rivers is nasty, so accurate. I'm not sure Eli can keep this level of play over the course of the season, but if he can, he is above Rivers. I see Rivers being a more consistent QB while Eli will be more up and down. But both are on their way to being top 5 QBs within the next 3-4 years.

In my opinion Eli has been the only consitant part of the giants this year. One of his interceptions went off of tiki's hands and into the defender, and the other went off of Plaxico's hands into the defender. The two picks he threw vs. the Seahawks were pretty bad, i must admitt. In my opinion Eli is already a top ten QB.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Carson Palmer
4. Marc Bulger
5. Tom Brady
6. David Carr
7. Rex Grossman
8. Eli Manning
9. Drew Brees
10. Matt Hasselback

ricky bobby 10-09-2006 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi
Rivers for me. As I said in the Rivers thread him and Eli are pretty equal as far as being able to make all of the throws but Rivers takes it in other categories.

What are the other catagories?

Jughead10 10-09-2006 09:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

In my opinion Eli has been the only consitant part of the giants this year. One of his interceptions went off of tiki's hands and into the defender, and the other went off of Plaxico's hands into the defender. The two picks he threw vs. the Seahawks were pretty bad, i must admitt. In my opinion Eli is already a top ten QB.

1. Peyton Manning
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Carson Palmer
4. Marc Bulger
5. Tom Brady
6. David Carr
7. Rex Grossman
8. Eli Manning
9. Drew Brees
10. Matt Hasselback

I hope that isn't in the order you actually believe.

smittyjs 10-09-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:

Quote:

1. Peyton Manning
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Carson Palmer
4. Marc Bulger
5. Tom Brady
6. David Carr
7. Rex Grossman
8. Eli Manning
9. Drew Brees
10. Matt Hasselback

I hope that isn't in the order you actually believe.

Same here
Bulger over Brady :? :lol:

Number 10 10-09-2006 09:40 AM

The main aspect of Eli's game that goes unnoticed is his pocket presence. He has had it forever, and that is why he can avoid the sacks for the most part. He simply has the "it" factor, and that is why I know Eli will win AT LEAST one Super Bowl.

ricky bobby 10-09-2006 09:50 AM

Quote:

The main aspect of Eli's game that goes unnoticed is his pocket presence. He has had it forever, and that is why he can avoid the sacks for the most part. He simply has the "it" factor, and that is why I know Eli will win AT LEAST one Super Bowl.

Eli is just plain clutch. He picks it up in the second half. Last year's denver game, Cowboys game (we lost in OT), Seahawks game, This year's Eagles games. He has IT. Whatever IT may be.

The Unseen 10-09-2006 10:09 AM

Who is best? Eli Manning

Who would I rather have, which was the actual poll question? Philip Rivers. He's deadly accurate, he's a great leader, and he hasn't even finished out. Of course, Eli Manning had a great beginning last year and went sour, but he's still good.