Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   joseph Addai or Julius Jones (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=821)

RCAChainGang 10-09-2006 09:55 AM

joseph Addai or Julius Jones

My brother and I got in an argument about this who is better?

I say Addai.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-09-2006 09:56 AM

Right now Julius Jones for sure. This is a wierd comparison.

RCAChainGang 10-09-2006 10:03 AM

Keep in mind Addai doesn't get the ball as much. Addai has a better average.

Pokeys 10-09-2006 10:04 AM

Julius Jones, And especially Julius if keeps his production up and stays healthy this year. Hes 5th in the league in rushing and has played one less game than most of the other running backs. 2nd in Yards per carry average. Addai looks pretty good but lets give it some time before we start saying hes better than some of the younger running backs in the league.

SeanTaylorRIP 10-09-2006 10:05 AM

Julius is a guy who can take 20 plus carry's every week and he runs with a lot of power, right now Addai is nothing more than a scat back.

Pokeys 10-09-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathan
Keep in mind Addai doesn't get the ball as much. Addai has a better average.

Keep in mind that Julius has had mediocre/poor run blocking throughtout his career so far. .1 better yards per carry for Addai isnt much of a difference.

RCAChainGang 10-09-2006 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettosermon
Julius is a guy who can take 20 plus carry's every week and he runs with a lot of power, right now Addai is nothing more than a scat back.

I don't t5hink he's scat at all. He takes a cut and goes north and south. He has great vision right now for a rookie.

Geo 10-09-2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pokeys
Keep in mind that Julius has had mediocre/poor run blocking throughtout his career so far.

More importantly, he's had durability issues.

I like Julius Jones though, I've liked him since his rookie year - that performance he put on at Seattle on MNF was something to remember - and I hope he can stay healthy so that he can finally break 1,000 yards.

And I think a great deal about Addai, as well. He's looking very promising.

bearsfan_51 10-09-2006 10:17 AM

Neither is lighting the world on fire. This is like comparing J.P Losman to Jon Kitna. Who cares?

But I like Julius.

Pokeys 10-09-2006 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Neither is lighting the world on fire. This is like comparing J.P Losman to Jon Kitna. Who cares?

But I like Julius.

I dont know Julius is off to a great start. Only two touchdowns so far but has averaged close to 100 yards per game thus far. Hopefully he can stay healthy for once.

geaux tigers 10-09-2006 10:23 AM

I'd like to see Addai get the bulk of the carries. At least he'll be fresher towards the end of the season.

RyanLeaf#1 10-09-2006 10:48 AM

Im a Colts fan but if I had to pick one right now it would absolutely be Julius Jones.

Staubach12 10-09-2006 10:56 AM

Well, I think it's clear as of now that Julius Jones is the better RB. Let me explain. Now keep in mind JJ has played one less game than Addai. Julius Jones has better breakaway speed than Joseph Addai. One example: Julius has 3 runs of over 20 yards. Addai? Not a single run of 20 yards or more.
Jones runs with more power. There's no stat to show that this is true, but just look at the tape. Jones is fighting for every inch in some runs. Addai is going down much easier than Jones. Some Addai patrons may point to the fact that adaii has a better average of yards per carry. To that, I have two things to say. Addai is playing behind one of the best run blocking lines in the league. Jones, however, not so much. Dallas' line is average at best. Number 2: Addai is fresh because doesn't get the load that Jones does. Addai can came in rested and ready to run, while the Cowoys often pound Jones play after play, and Jones will get worn down, but who wouldn't? Sure, Addai may be able to catch more balls, but did you ever consider that Julius Jones doesn't go out for passes as much because has has to stay in to protect Bledsoe? Also, when Jones does catch the ball, he is more of a threat. On 2 catches, he has 61 yards. That's called explosiveness, my friends. Wow. So who's the better back. Jones is. No question.

IRONMAN27 10-09-2006 11:09 AM

Julius Jones no question

Geo 10-09-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Staubach12
Addai has the same ammount of fumbles (1) as Jones on 158 less carries.Let me say that again, did you catch that number? Jones has carried the ball 158 more times than Addai, yet Adaai has the same ammount of fumbles. That percentage comes to be this: Addai fumbles 1.6% of the time. Jones? 0.5%. Wow. So who's the better back. Jones is. No question.

Wait, where is this stat coming from? Display how you arrived at the numbers listed.

Staubach12 10-09-2006 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geo
Quote:

Addai has the same ammount of fumbles (1) as Jones on 158 less carries.Let me say that again, did you catch that number? Jones has carried the ball 158 more times than Addai, yet Adaai has the same ammount of fumbles. That percentage comes to be this: Addai fumbles 1.6% of the time. Jones? 0.5%. Wow. So who's the better back. Jones is. No question.

Wait, where is this stat coming from? Display how you arrived at the numbers listed.

NFL.com Did the % math myself.

Jones: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492974

Addai: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/405288

To get to the % math, I used their numbers of carries and fumbles.

Staubach12 10-09-2006 11:27 AM

Wait. ****. I screwed up.

Staubach12 10-09-2006 11:27 AM

My god, this is not my week.

geaux tigers 10-09-2006 11:29 AM

Quote:

Well, I think it's clear as of now that Julius Jones is the better RB. Let me explain. Now keep in mind JJ has played one less game than Addai. Julius Jones has better breakaway speed than Joseph Addai. One example: Julius has 3 runs of over 20 yards. Addai? Not a single run of 20 yards or more.
Jones runs with more power. There's no stat to show that this is true, but just look at the tape. Jones is fighting for every inch in some runs. Addai is going down much easier than Jones. Some Addai patrons may point to the fact that adaii has a better average of yards per carry. To that, I have two things to say. Addai is playing behind one of the best run blocking lines in the league. Jones, however, not so much. Dallas' line is average at best. Number 2: Addai is fresh because doesn't get the load that Jones does. Addai can came in rested and ready to run, while the Cowoys often pound Jones play after play, and Jones will get worn down, but who wouldn't? Sure, Addai may be able to catch more balls, but did you ever consider that Julius Jones doesn't go out for passes as much because has has to stay in to protect Bledsoe? Also, when Jones does catch the ball, he is more of a threat. On 2 catches, he has 61 yards. That's called explosiveness, my friends. Addai has the same ammount of fumbles (1) as Jones on 158 less carries.Let me say that again, did you catch that number? Jones has carried the ball 158 more times than Addai, yet Adaai has the same ammount of fumbles. That percentage comes to be this: Addai fumbles 1.6% of the time. Jones? 0.5%. Wow. So who's the better back. Jones is. No question.

I think everyone is talking about this season. JJ has had 86 carries while Addai has only have 59. Addai has also caught 13recpetions vs 2 for JJ.
So 72 touches vs 88 for JJ. I dont even see the point of bringing up fumbles to compare the two.

nevermind since you just corrected yourself.

I dont think its fair to compare addai when he doesnt get the bulk of the carries. when he start getting around ~20 carries, then we can start comparing addai to other featured backs.

Staubach12 10-09-2006 11:30 AM

So forget the fumble thing...

And forget that I'm as retarted as Drew Bledsoe.

Staubach12 10-09-2006 11:31 AM

That's like 5 mistakes this week. What am I, A-Rod?

Staubach12 10-09-2006 11:32 AM

It is still very clear that JJ is better, though.

njx9 10-09-2006 11:33 AM

i'm not sure how anyone in their right mind could actually take addai *right now*. next year or in two years you might have a worthwhile argument.

geaux tigers 10-09-2006 11:34 AM

I think once addai gets more PT he will still continue to put up good numbers benefiting from playing in a colt's offense.

RCAChainGang 10-09-2006 12:08 PM

O.K.... This vision that addai is a little guy who bounces around like Reggie Bush is not lagitament. If you have watched his he doesn't go down easy (Staubach12) He also runs with power and fights for extra yards. As for the lines I think that the colts guards are not really all that great at blocking. It is sometimes hard to go up the middle, but the outside is money with Tarik Glenn. Also, Ryan Diem has been playing injured so don't bring up the line issue. The cowboys have a pretty solid line. When Ryan Diem is back we'll be very solid. I'm sorry that this might be kinda homerish, but I love Joseph Addai and I had to argue with Staubach when he said Julius Jones was better.