Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   First loss, or first win? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=823)

IBleedNavyandOrange 10-09-2006 08:26 PM

First loss, or first win?

Rather than talking about the Bears going undefeated, or the Raiders not winning a single game, maybe we spin the topic by asking which streak ends first.

Me, I think the Raiders win first.

Jonathan_VIlma 10-09-2006 08:29 PM

The Raiders will win first, only because I think they'll beat Arizona at home. Chicago has Arizona, San Fransisco, a bye and Miami at home the next four weeks.

raiderfan4life 10-09-2006 08:38 PM

0-16 raiders

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) 10-09-2006 08:43 PM

Push. Bears undefeated, Raiders winless.

nfrillman 10-09-2006 09:31 PM

I voted for a Bears loss, simply because the Raiders have a legitimate shot at going 0-16.

VoteLynnSwan 10-09-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfrillman
I voted for a Bears loss, simply because the Raiders have a legitimate shot at going 0-16.

and the Bears don't have a legitimate shot at going 16-0?

10-09-2006 09:37 PM

fitz is out.and you can bet that the raiders are sick of all tis crap everybody has been saying about the leinert issue.if we hog the ball alot we could win since the cardinals d aint special and our defense is 2nd in the league in passin defense.not to mention the cardinals oline.

huff will get his first career interception. :D

The Unseen 10-09-2006 09:38 PM

I looked at the skeds, and I think the Bears lose first. I think they lose to the Pats on Nov 26, and then the Raiders win the next week vs. Houston.

nfrillman 10-09-2006 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
Quote:

and the Bears don't have a legitimate shot at going 16-0?

Umm, not really, no. I know they are best team in the league right now, but there is a reason no one has ever gone 16-0 in the regular season, its kinda hard. Looking at their schedule, they play @ Giants, @ Jets, @ Patriots all in a row, three straight road games will be tough to get through. Then they play the Vikings at home and go to St.Louis immediately after those three games. Both those teams will be fighting to make the playoffs. They also play @Lions and Packers at home to end the year. Those teams will be playing for nothing but pride, against, if they're are still undefeated, a team that is naturally not going to be as "up" for the game because homefield will already be locked up. The Lions and Packers would love nothing more than to ruin an undefeated season for a division rival. Talk to me about them going undefeated once they get past that Giants, Jets, Patriots, Vikings, and Rams stretch.

Hurricane Ditka 10-09-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

if they're are still undefeated, a team that is naturally not going to be as "up" for the game because homefield will already be locked up.
You think players don't get jacked up at the possibility of going undefeated?

nfrillman 10-09-2006 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
Quote:

if they're are still undefeated, a team that is naturally not going to be as "up" for the game because homefield will already be locked up.

I know they will try to get jacked up for it, but it just natural to have sense of relaxation once homefield is locked up. If they get through that Giants, Jets, Patriots, Vikings, and Rams stretch and are still undefeated, knowing what I know now, I'd say they will go undefeated because the Bucs, Lions, and Packers look pretty bad, but a lot can change by week 15.

Hurricane Ditka 10-09-2006 09:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I know they will try to get jacked up for it, but it just natural to have sense of relaxation once homefield is locked up. If they get through that Giants, Jets, Patriots, Vikings, and Rams stretch and are still undefeated, knowing what I know now, I'd say they will go undefeated because the Bucs, Lions, and Packers look pretty bad, but a lot can change by week 15.

Personally, I don't think we'll go undefeated, that just doesn't happen. Although 15-1 is likely with this schedule.

Dam8610 10-09-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No, no they don't.

bearsfan_51 10-09-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Personally, I don't think we'll go undefeated, that just doesn't happen. Although 15-1 is likely with this schedule.

No it's not. 15-1 is never likely. It's never likely to finish 10-1. We should win 12 games. Anything more than that is icing on the cake.

nfrillman 10-09-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yea, I would say that 14-2 or 15-1 is the range the Bears will finish. They should get 6 wins from their division.

P-L 10-09-2006 10:00 PM

It is much easier to go 0-16 than it is 16-0.

TitleTown088 10-09-2006 10:02 PM

nice job stealing this poll from espn.com :wink:

The Unseen 10-09-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

It is much easier to go 0-16 than it is 16-0.

4pAc 10-09-2006 10:58 PM

The raiders are worse than a couple of college teams right now.

yodabear 10-09-2006 11:04 PM

The Bears lose one. Not that I think they are overrated, but because the Raiders are that bad.

DChess 10-09-2006 11:26 PM

both are gonna happen!!, nah in all seriousness, the bears will play in a dome and lose. its harder to go undfeated than defeated

yodabear 10-09-2006 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DChess
both are gonna happen!!, nah in all seriousness, the bears will play in a dome and lose. its harder to go undfeated than defeated

They've already have, and won in the toughest dome to play in the NFL. Yeah, I said it. The EJD isn't nearly as loud as The HHH Metrodome.

sweetness34 10-09-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yodachu
The Bears lose one. Not that I think they are overrated, but because the Raiders are that bad.

As much as I'd like it to happen, I really don't think we're going undefeated.

1) It's virtually impossible
2) No one's ever done it
3) If we keep playing like we are, we could wrap up the division by about week 11 or 12, maybe earlier

nobodyinparticular 10-10-2006 01:44 AM

It's easier to go winless than undefeated? How many teams have lost 16 games then?

Staubach12 10-10-2006 05:59 AM

I think the Bears can go undefeated. I'll explain later.