Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Which 5-1 Team.......... (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872)

10-26-2006 11:23 PM

Which 5-1 Team..........

Which Team Will reach the super bowl.
i was gonna say denver but i dont like the qb situation there.so i obviously said new england.

HawkeyeFan 10-26-2006 11:28 PM

Denver. Very Dominate Defense, one of the best in the League. Run Stopping which is what you prefer, and they can Pass and Run the ball equally. Have a few playmakers, and thats what they need.

10-26-2006 11:31 PM

Yeah I like Denver but i'm not picking agaisnt NE since they always seem to be in it

SuperMcGee 10-26-2006 11:36 PM

Its true today as it was in the preseason...

I'm going with Denvah!

Ward 10-26-2006 11:36 PM

I picked Denver in the pre-season as well. Sticking with them.

Dam8610 10-26-2006 11:43 PM

Why isn't "none" an option?

yourfavestoner 10-26-2006 11:51 PM

I'm going with New England. Brady is starting to get comfortable with his receivers, and I can see them going on a hot streak and finishing the season with only two or three losses.

moc182 10-26-2006 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ward
I picked New England in the pre-season as well. Sticking with them.

njx9 10-27-2006 12:06 AM

i hate jake and have no faith in him to do anything, but then i think, "gee, if trent dilfer can get a team to a super bowl, so can jay cutler". so assuming plummer sits after this week, we're good.

Namy 10-27-2006 12:16 AM

Out of those 3? Denver.

New Orleans is good but overhyped imo (they very well could prove me wrong)

New England has been great and is great in the playoffs... except there's only one coach even Bellechik can't outcoach... Mike Shannahan. Seeing how the Patriots would have to get thru the Broncos one way or another, I'll give the edge to us (call me a homer if u want, but the Broncos have had the Patriots number even with Brady)

locseti 10-27-2006 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610
Why isn't "none" an option?

hahah thats exactly what I said

snobdmat 10-27-2006 12:40 AM

of those three...i see NE cause the broncos offense needs improvement and i dont see NO making it deep into the playoffs

Shane P. Hallam 10-27-2006 12:53 AM

Out of those three, New England. I don't think any make it though...

NIN1984 10-27-2006 10:55 AM

Sucks but I think Denver will end up going to the Super Bowl

but only to lose to the Bears :)

portermvp84 10-27-2006 11:02 AM

I hate to say this but Denver has the best chance of going.

Jughead10 10-27-2006 11:06 AM

Gotta be the Pats out of these three. No team with Plummer leading them will make it to the Super Bowl. That offense is bad and the defense is very good but isn't enough to compensate for the offense when playing elite teams.

The Unseen 10-27-2006 11:07 AM

Pats because of their QB situation, but that Denver D is stifling.

bigbluedefense 10-27-2006 11:11 AM

Where is the none of the above option?

Pats have the best chance out of these 3. They still have a sick front 7 (which has surprisingly become very underrated), and they got Brady on offense, and Maroney now too. If they can get Ben Watson more involved in the pass game and get Chad Jackson the ball some, the offense will be good enough with that defense to go into the second round of the playoffs.

Their CBs will be the reason why they don't make it to the SB though.

Jughead10 10-27-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Where is the none of the above option?

Pats have the best chance out of these 3. They still have a sick front 7 (which has surprisingly become very underrated), and they got Brady on offense, and Maroney now too. If they can get Ben Watson more involved in the pass game and get Chad Jackson the ball some, the offense will be good enough with that defense to go into the second round of the playoffs.

Their CBs will be the reason why they don't make it to the SB though.

I've said that all along. Especially when people were picking Dallas to be great this offseason and picking them to better than the pats. The Pats front 7 is light years ahead of Dallas. Their future there isn't looking so great because of old LBs, but there front 3 is the best in the business. For this year they are a serious Super Contender.

CBs are a problem but Belichik is the masterful scheme king. The best coach in the league. His defenses can mask the problems at CB as he has been doing for years.

MaxV 10-27-2006 11:34 AM

Re: Which 5-1 Team..........

Quote:

Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
Which Team Will reach the super bowl.
i was gonna say denver but i dont like the qb situation there.so i obviously said new england.

You have to add an option of none of them.

Either that or ask which one of these teams has the BEST CHANCE of reaching the SB.

tylaw24 10-27-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namy
Out of those 3? Denver.

New England has been great and is great in the playoffs... except there's only one coach even Bellechik can't outcoach... Mike Shannahan. Seeing how the Patriots would have to get thru the Broncos one way or another, I'll give the edge to us (call me a homer if u want, but the Broncos have had the Patriots number even with Brady)

Belichick has beaten Shanahan before and he can do it again.

njx9 10-27-2006 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tylaw24
Quote:

Out of those 3? Denver.

what's the pats record against denver over the last 5 years? i'm just curious.

LonghornsLegend 10-27-2006 02:49 PM

i really like denver, tatum bell i think is one of the more underated backs in the NFL, but he plays for denver so i guess people will argue that, but for his frame, he runs hard, and is extremely fast...i remember he was a few picks away from dallas picking him, and he's from desoto, right outside of dallas, i was rooting for him to come here :(

but their defense is killer, from bottom to top, and these are the types of defenses that peyton manning seems to have problems with in the playoffs

jkpigskin 10-27-2006 07:55 PM

im gonna go out on a limb and say none of them

10-27-2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9
Quote:

Originally Posted by tylaw24
Quote:

Out of those 3? Denver.

what's the pats record against denver over the last 5 years? i'm just curious.

yah denver beat new engalnd last year.