Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Fitzgerald or Boldin (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=891)

Space Ghost 11-02-2006 03:33 PM

Fitzgerald or Boldin

So, the question is who is the better receiver and who would you rather have on your team.

Personally, I think Boldin is ahead of Fitzgerald by a long shot right now. More consistent and even though he is older he probably doesn't have much more experience as a wide receiver than Fitzgerald.

again; who is the better receiver and who would you rather have on your team.

11-02-2006 03:36 PM

Well Boldin has only been in the league a year longer than Fitz. But Fitzgeralds hands are amazing, and he's a class act. I'd want Larry.

yourfavestoner 11-02-2006 03:38 PM

I'll take Fitz. He's kind of flying under the radar right now with his injury, but he has the potential to be one of the greatest ever.

Denver Bronco99 11-02-2006 03:50 PM

bolden with out a doubt....he is like a power HB when he catches the ball...he breaks dbs down and has great hands, size

11-02-2006 03:54 PM

Re: Fitzgerald or Boldin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Ghost
So, the question is who is the better receiver and who would you rather have on your team.

Personally, I think Boldin is ahead of Fitzgerald by a long shot right now. More consistent and even though he is older he probably doesn't have much more experience as a wide receiver than Fitzgerald.

I don't know how you can up with this, because if you look at their stats over the past two years they are very similar in all the categories. You also need to explain what you mean by saying Boldin's more consistent.

I don't think I could choose between these two, they are both too damn good.

thule 11-02-2006 03:54 PM

If I was starting a franchise I Would want Fitz...

If I needed a good WR...and my team was already good...give me Boldin...dependable and does the dirty work.

Denver Bronco99 11-02-2006 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thule
If I was starting a franchise I Would want Fitz...

If I needed a good WR...and my team was already good...give me Boldin...dependable and does the dirty work.

yeah....bolden is proven and a great WR

but fitz is younger and has a bright future

i was going to type the same but figured this was just adding to our team

Shiver 11-02-2006 03:57 PM

I love Boldin's playing style. He's on pace to have 100-catch season in three of his first four of his career.

11-02-2006 03:59 PM

Boldin right now.

jackalope 11-02-2006 04:20 PM

i'd take Fitzgerald. i think he'll be better in the long run.

11-02-2006 04:26 PM

Re: Fitzgerald or Boldin

Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Ghost

How can he be ahead of fitz by a long shot? They had basically the same numbers last year. Also they have a little different playing styles. As of right now I would take Boldin, only cause Fitz is injured. As for a career, I think Fitz will have a better one, he has better hands. Either way, both these guys are amazing players.

Staubach12 11-02-2006 05:01 PM

Fitz has a brighter future. He reminds me a bit of Jerry Rice. He's going to be a heck of a player.

Namy 11-02-2006 05:13 PM

Fitz was basically in a league of his own in colelge and was living up to his hype til he got injured. Right now I Think Boldin is better because he seems more physical and can shed blocks better than any WR. But Fitz has one of the top hands in the league, and imo can be a top 3 WR in the league in a few years.

11-02-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namy
Fitz was basically in a league of his own in colelge and was living up to his hype til he got injured. Right now I Think Boldin is better because he seems more physical and can shed blocks better than any WR. But Fitz has one of the top hands in the league, and imo can be a top 3 WR in the league in a few years.

You mean make blocks?

Komp 11-02-2006 05:28 PM

hmm

I think he means Boldin can fight through jams at the line of scrimmage better....

7-11 11-02-2006 05:30 PM

maybe hes talking about playing him on both sides of the ball, he just ight be that good. boldin might be tough but fitz's hands are unbeleivable and even though boldin has onyl been playin wr for 3.5 years i still think fitz has a higher upside

SuperMcGee 11-02-2006 05:31 PM

Boldin. I'd pretty much take him over any WR in the game, with a few toss ups in there

jkpigskin 11-02-2006 05:38 PM

neither are burners but i love fitz's hand...he also has great body control... he is my pick

Splat 11-02-2006 06:11 PM

Fitz.

SeanTaylorRIP 11-02-2006 06:16 PM

Cardinals are so lucky to have these 2, Leinart will have a better career then he ever would have.

Splat 11-02-2006 06:19 PM

Larry Fitzgerald = The next Marvin Harrison

bearfan 11-02-2006 06:23 PM

Fitz. As much as I like how boldin plays, he will do it all for you, I just like Fitz's future and he also has proformed well in his 1st couple of years. So I gotta go w/ the Fitz

70challenger457 11-02-2006 06:33 PM

In the middle of the feild, boldin
In the red zone, fitz
what do you do more of, middle of the feild, both great WR but I think Boldin is a little more all around player

smittyjs 11-02-2006 06:38 PM

Larry Fitzgerald

Basileus777 11-02-2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat420
Larry Fitzgerald = The next Marvin Harrison

Thats a pretty odd comparison...

I'd take Boldin right now, but Fitz will eventually be better.