Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mike Williams (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=897)

Space Ghost 11-05-2006 07:30 PM

Mike Williams

I was wondering, if the Lions released Mike Williams this off season, would your team be willing to give him a chance?

He wasn't even that bad of a rookie last year considering he put up the same stats as Troy Williamson who had more experience, more money, was picked higher and wasn't over weight and out of shape coming off of a bad injury.

I think that he could be just as good as Mike Furrey has been this year for the Lions and probably better. I would hope that my Bills would give him a chance if the Lions released him after the season, I bet a lot of teams would give him a chance for the right price and a couple teams might even be willing to drop some solid coinage on him if he shows up for workouts in shape and looking good.

I know he has an attitude and a poor work ethic, but the kid is only 22 right now and could still be in college right now putting up the same stats as Dwayne Jarrett is for USC. I actually would hope that the Bills gave him a shot because we need a bigger receiver, ours are all fast and have no size to them at all.

Would your team give Mike Williams a shot?

sweetness34 11-05-2006 07:32 PM

Sure why not, it's worth a chance. I mean this kid was a talent at USC. I think with the right coaching he could be a solid player.

detknowitall 11-05-2006 07:34 PM

Re: Mike Williams

[quote="Space Ghost"]I was wondering, if the Lions released Mike Williams this off season, would your team be willing to give him a chance?
quote]

This is more of a when not an if...

Space Ghost 11-05-2006 07:37 PM

Re: Mike Williams

Quote:

Originally Posted by detknowitall
Quote:

Originally Posted by Space Ghost
I was wondering, if the Lions released Mike Williams this off season, would your team be willing to give him a chance?

This is more of a when not an if...

I would say that, but I am not sure about his contract, it might be more expensive for them to cut him so they might look to trade him during the draft or something in order to save money, if (when) they do cut him, it should be early in the off season to avoid bonuses and such, pretty much what the Eagles did and dropped him before they had to pay him.

Ravens1991 11-05-2006 07:52 PM

Possibly but we dont need him.

yourfavestoner 11-05-2006 08:22 PM

Eh, he doesn't offer anything that Jacksonville doesn't already have on their roster.

Funny, Marques Colston is the player that Mike Williams was supposed to be.

Shane P. Hallam 11-05-2006 08:30 PM

Yes, but at TE. He's not built as a WR and he doesn't pose the attitude to make it. Put him as a #2 TE on passing downs perhaps.

Shiver 11-05-2006 09:17 PM

Rich McKay had a mancrush on Williams, so maybe.

Pit Bull #53 11-05-2006 09:57 PM

Well, Fisher and Chow are both USC guys. Chow obviously coached him in college, and we could use a WR. But we have enough guys with attitude problems on this team, so I'd be wary.

Flyboy 11-05-2006 10:30 PM

If he came for cheap, I wouldn't write him off.. behind Horn/Colston, we really don't have any depth at the WR position.

BuckNaked 11-05-2006 10:31 PM

Couldn't be any worse than Troy Williamson. :roll:

Basileus777 11-05-2006 10:32 PM

I'd take him. He has to be better than Rod Gardner.

T-RICH49 11-05-2006 10:32 PM

Have you seen KC's WR's?Of course we SHOULD

DHVF 11-05-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckNaked
Couldn't be any worse than Troy Williamson. :roll:

Hey, atleast Troy has a good attitude. :lol:

Staubach12 11-06-2006 12:08 AM

If the price is right.

Raiderz4Life 11-06-2006 12:15 AM

If the Raiders let Porter and Moss walk which is possible i'd like to see us make him an offer and see if we can get some production out of him

WMD 11-06-2006 03:40 AM

Ugh.. That was the worst Draft Pick of ALL TIME! We could've had Shawne Merriman, DeMarcus Ware, or Derrick Johnson..

I just think it's weird that he hasn't even been given a chance. This week, the Lions cut Az Hakim and signed Kevin Kasper.. Kasper was in uniform, Mike wasn't.

You'd think they'd at least put Mike in the game when we get in the Red Zone.. but nope, nothing..

DoWnThEfiElD 11-08-2006 12:00 AM

Ya Mike Williams must be pretty worthless if they are giving him now playing time. Its not like this offense is loaded with play makers this guy is just flat out terrible. The players we could have had instead of this waste of talent is boggling.

frogstomp 11-08-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyboy
If he came for cheap, I wouldn't write him off.. behind Horn/Colston, we really don't have any depth at the WR position.

Henderson is a solid 3, from what I've seen of him.

4pAc 11-08-2006 02:13 AM

A shot, sure. After all, he is the 10th overall pick.

11-08-2006 03:16 AM

i would definately give mike williams a shot, in the back