Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who Does Leftwich Play For In 2007? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899)

ShadowPanther 11-08-2006 10:37 AM

Who Does Leftwich Play For In 2007?

Any ideas or predictions?

TIP 11-08-2006 10:39 AM

Re: Who Does Leftwich Play For In 2007?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowPanther
Any ideas or predictions?

THe Browns and The bears already have young and promising QBs...so scratch them off, Delhomme is solid most of the time, but then makes plays that make you scratch your head. The Texans I could see taking him, but I think Carr is just fine and they should focus on improving other areas, so I'll go witht he raiders...although I think Wlter could be ok if he had an O-line

P-L 11-08-2006 10:48 AM

Jaguars aren't even an option?

ShadowPanther 11-08-2006 10:56 AM

It can be any team in the NFL. Sorry. I only had so many poll options. :(

danman253 11-08-2006 11:21 AM

He'll be back on Jacksonville.

BehrenMan007 11-08-2006 11:24 AM

If he is not on Jax, Minnesota or Washington makes sense as they are in the NFC, they have veteran QBs and they may not be ready to hand off the reins to their young backups (Tarvaris Jackson and Jason Campbell)

ShadowPanther 11-08-2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BehrenMan007
If he is not on Jax, Minnesota or Washington makes sense as they are in the NFC, they have veteran QBs and they may not be ready to hand off the reins to their young backups (Tarvaris Jackson and Jason Campbell)

Can the Redskins afford to have 2 first round qbs and Mark Brunell on the roster at the same time? I'm thinking salary cap hell that would rival the New York Knicks. :shock:

ccB 11-08-2006 11:46 AM

I think he will be back in JAX personally.

Rob S 11-08-2006 11:48 AM

Bills are possible if Losman doesnt improve.

JPF 11-08-2006 12:16 PM

I voted for the Raiders (obviously as their the only ones with any votes right now).

Rule the Panthers out. Little chance Fox and Hurney would trade for a QB who can't stay healthy for a full 16 games. Besides, I don't think the answer for Carolina, who really only needs a QB for the future, is to bring in someone that would automatically start a QB controversy the second he was acquired.

comahan 11-08-2006 12:19 PM

Not Houston

keylime_5 11-08-2006 01:38 PM

If Charlie doesn't quit staring down his receivers and throwing into coverage they'll get a new QB in Cleveland next year probably, but I don't think Leftwich would be a good fit. He'd be better off in oakland

ShadowPanther 11-08-2006 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPF
I voted for the Raiders (obviously as their the only ones with any votes right now).

Rule the Panthers out. Little chance Fox and Hurney would trade for a QB who can't stay healthy for a full 16 games. Besides, I don't think the answer for Carolina, who really only needs a QB for the future, is to bring in someone that would automatically start a QB controversy the second he was acquired.

If we don't make ther playoffs, anything could happen. I still say that if JAX didn't draft him before us, we would have taken him over Jordan Gross.

portermvp84 11-08-2006 01:54 PM

I think the Raiders or out of the question if they want a quarterback they would sign somebody in the draft.

The Unseen 11-08-2006 01:56 PM

He could still be a Jaguar if they want to let him compete in next year's training camp. I'm really conflicted on what I think will happen to him, if he will get shipped in the offseason or stay. It seems most logical to try to ship him with the way things are, but something tells me that the Jax FO wouldn't even attempt such a move. I dunno. We'll see.

mikedoobie 11-08-2006 02:02 PM

i could see baltimore pushing for him, as we loved him when he was coming into the league during the draft

yourfavestoner 11-08-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unseen
He could still be a Jaguar if they want to let him compete in next year's training camp. I'm really conflicted on what I think will happen to him, if he will get shipped in the offseason or stay. It seems most logical to try to ship him with the way things are, but something tells me that the Jax FO wouldn't even attempt such a move. I dunno. We'll see.

I think this could actually lead in a split between Del Rio and Shack Harris. Leftwich is Harris' first draft pick with the organization, and you know he wants to see him do well and stay. I dunno. It's going to be an interesting offseason.

SuperMcGee 11-08-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
Bills are possible if Losman doesnt improve.

Even if we stop playing Losman, I wouldn't want Leftwich. I've liked Lefty since college, I just don't really want him leading the Bills

JPF 11-08-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPF

If we don't make ther playoffs, anything could happen. I still say that if JAX didn't draft him before us, we would have taken him over Jordan Gross.

I still doubt that with how horrible our O-line was the year before.

ShadowPanther 11-08-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPF
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPF

Remember we didn't know Jake was going to be Jake. Leftwich was a possibility. I know you remember how many of us on the old Panthers message board thought it was going to be Leftwich that year.

yourfavestoner 11-08-2006 03:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPF
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPF

Remember we didn't know Jake was going to be Jake. Leftwich was a possibility. I know you remember how many of us on the old Panthers message board thought it was going to be Leftwich that year.

Yeah, you guys started the year off with Rodney Peete as your starting quarterback. 'Nuff said.

ShadowPanther 11-08-2006 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPF
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPF

Yeah, you guys started the year off with Rodney Peete as your starting quarterback. 'Nuff said.

Exactly.

11-08-2006 04:12 PM

i think the team that needs him the most is either OAK or MIN. :D

11-08-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
i think the team that needs him the most is either OAK or MIN. :D

Byron Leftwitch has no buisness in the WCO.

Shane P. Hallam 11-08-2006 05:11 PM

He'll stay in Jacksonville. Plummer will go to Oakland.